UPDATE- She's Here!- Labor or days of pre-labor ahead? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UPDATE-----'Real Labor' finally kicked in Fri after lunch and big time after the kids were asleep 8pm, Mw and assistant showed up around 9-10...... I had some difficulty because she was big AND having issue with being in the best position, there was simply little room for her to move into premium location. Ater some great MW direction but extremly difficult time NOT pushing even though I wanted too, after a few hours she was born at 5am.
I am doing very well, small little tear and little blood loss. Baby is great, perfect agpars, nursing-all toes and fingers!

We named her Irene 10 Lbs 12oz

----------------------------------------------------------------------

All afternoon I have been having stonger, fuller (around my back ) and more frequent contractions. Sometimes 10min apart, other times a whole half hour between them. They tend to be long, a minute or up to about three. Sometimes it is still hard to know when it starts and finishes but I feel the peak. They are bothersome and crampy enough that I can't sleep. But I can do other things alright.
I just read that other poster's birth story on the link where that was her labor then into the real quick delivery! Hmmm, either this is it or I have a very long tired day tommorow!
Wish me luck!

Closer now, ugh. I wonder if I will have to wake hubby or call the midwife tonight? I have my MW appt tommorow AM, so if I am still a little pre-laborish I can ask her then what she thinks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

The contractions took a nice break so I could get 5 1/2hrs of sleep, how nice of them

They have picked up this morning. A little closer together and more 'defined' meaning it is easier to tell when they start and finish. They are still about 2-3 minutes long but as close a 5 minutes together (but often as far apart as 20=25minutes. I have to get my son to pre-school this morning but his dad will bring him home at lunch. Hubby said "if you want to have that baby before I get home that would be great".... I wonder how serious he was being?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

I realize there is nothing for anybody else to reply to yet. Hopefully this is mildly intersting to those who wonder between the line of pre-labor and 'real' labor.

My contractions have slowed down after this morning. Had a great MW appt, everything looked well and I gave her some heads up with my symptoms so she is not caught off guard if I call her.
Went to the chiropractor, felt GREAT....
I also had some pink tinged cervical mucus...typical mucus plug look! and now it seems some more contractions are coming.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:37 PM

You're booted. Get that baby out. If YOU'RE in labor, the labor vibes will go to you and I won't be a failure at May.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM

All of this stuff has been happening to me for 2 WHOLE weeks, but maybe your baby will actually want to come out!
Yeah, your baby will come out. Mine wont. I gave up today.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

WOW...so you both are really tired of having this junk already, huh?

So if I am really going into labor you won't like that very much huh?
Maybe I'll start a chain reaction for all the gals with this junk, that would be OK right?

I haven't had many contractions since lunch so don't be too envious, alright?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 PM

4 kids under 10
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 PM

My contractions are back tonight. Of course they have become like the boy who cried wolf to me. I'm going to go to bed and pretend nothings happening.
I had one an hour ago that I could feel down my legs and just squeezing all my stuff , so I'm hoping it atleast did some dilating.
But alas, nothing is going to happen.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, no news. The contractions have had periods where they were closer toghther (5mins apart) for a few hours......and hours in the afternoon with nothing and I took a good nap. They picked up again tonight... .10 minutes apart and shorter (1-2mn) but a LOT stonger peaks then the old ones that were 3-4 minutes and not as strong.

Anyway, I have also been FAMISHED all day like my body knows I need to eat a lot of protein and get some vit and mins. I was craving beets that I was going to avoid because it makes your pee red and I didn't want to freak out my MW with that but I figure if I do go into labor I could just tell her I had beets!

So anything goes! It is annoying but I actually feel BETTER in my body then I had before this all started, but just as funtionaly challenged and impaitent with the children as before.

I'm ready, hope it happens soon!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM

curious what number babe this is for all of you pre-labor posters...

this week has been so rough for me! lots of painful ctx that never turn into labor (but feel like both of my previous labors)... i'm sick! and i have sleeping troubles b/c of hormone-related anxiety/hot flashes and ctx... i want it to stop or become labor!!!

hope it happens soon for you, briome and mom2happy!!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

The MW is here, but of course the contractions peeterd out a bit. Hubby too the kids out for a while, I think that helped....

I hope I have the baby today, I'll feel bad if they hang out all day with everything set up and I don't UGG!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I am only 4ish and thick (cervix) and my contractions are pretty shy....so maybe I was a little too excited, but they are hanging out a bit to see if anything happens.

Ugg I hate this!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

The contractions didn't speed up on Wednesday, but I got to go to a buffet with my MW and the Assitant, that was fun!
Thusday everyone was busy so I mentally discouraged labor (still had contractions a few an hour) but this morning (Friday 4pm) I woke up to some VERY stong ones, I have to totally pay attention to them, even rocking my hips to deal with the pressure. They are still 10-4 minutes apart but not organized yet. I had 20min where they were 4min apart then took a 15min break while I took a pHone call,, Hmmph!

Haven't called anyone yet, Hubby went to work, I don't want to false alarm again!

This will be my third baby by the way and the other two pregnancies did not have thei pre-labor junk to them.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 AM

sorry that it's so discouraging! i am right with ya on the pre-labor this time (also my 3rd) i keep thinking it could be *it* but it never is... making sleeping hard-arg!

hope they pick up and you KNOW it's IT! (that's what i'm hoping for too)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Man, Briome. That IS frustrating! Labor is obnoxious sometimes. Really, really obnoxious.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Congratulations!!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 PM

Congratulations!!!! I'm glad everything went so well once it really kicked in.

And Irene is a beautiful name.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Yay! Congrats and welcome baby Irene!

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 PM

congrats - wow!!! another big announcement.

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM

That's awesome, congratulations!

I'm looking forward to adding to the BIG announcements soon! We've got quite a club of them going...

4 kids under 10
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briome View Post

We named her Irene 10 Lbs 12oz

Yay!!! Welcome Irene and congratulations on a big girl

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 AM

way to go! Congratulations!!!

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 PM

congrats!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM

Congrats and welcome baby Irene!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10

User Tag List