LLWWSBP2016 For the Group of NON TRAITORS Who Actually Care about Winning the Golden Birthing Stool 4/25 to 4/30 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another round of ELVs to all of you! It's a full moon, so get them babies out!

loveneverfails, you're totally going into labor. Right now. And if you don't....... then....... well........... you're faking it.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#212 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 06:26 PM

I only posted a couple times on this thread but......

Isla Mae was born on Tuesday, April 27th at 11:53am. She was 7lbs 5 oz and 20 in long.

I had a beautiful vbac which resulted in a beautiful baby girl. We came home the next day and are enjoying life as a family of 4!

Thanks for your support!

~Amber
#213 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 PM

As someone who has had two babies, with BOTH of them coming between weeks 41 and 42, my sympathies are out to you ladies! I'm due Monday and lurk on this board a bit. I know how much the waiting blows...I'm prepared to do it with this one, too.

Sending labor vibes your way.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#214 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin_Life View Post

Isla Mae was born on Tuesday, April 27th at 11:53am. She was 7lbs 5 oz and 20 in long.

I had a beautiful vbac which resulted in a beautiful baby girl. We came home the next day and are enjoying life as a family of 4!

Thanks for your support!

~Amber
Congratulations!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#215 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 07:08 PM

41+1 today. Contractions have really slowed down to basically nothing. So it looks like another May baby for me. This will make 3 birthday cakes in May! DH is 5/5, DS is 5/17. What am I going to do with all that cake?!?!

Cried a little when I called my midwife to schedule next weeks apt. She said if I'm still pregnant on Wednesday we will do a stretch and sweep, but that she doesn't think I'll make it that far. Guess we will see!

~Becca
Wife to DH 8/2003; Momma to DS 5/2007ribboncesarean.gif ; DD 5/1/2010 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg !
#216 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasteve03 View Post
41+1 today. Contractions have really slowed down to basically nothing. So it looks like another May baby for me. This will make 3 birthday cakes in May! DH is 5/5, DS is 5/17. What am I going to do with all that cake?!?!

Cried a little when I called my midwife to schedule next weeks apt. She said if I'm still pregnant on Wednesday we will do a stretch and sweep, but that she doesn't think I'll make it that far. Guess we will see!
We've got 4 April bdays in our house now.

DD2 is 4/6, DD3 is 4/20, and DS2 and DH are 4/30.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#217 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, it petered out. And now I'm ticked because my husband is playing around with computers that he's trying to fix, my house is messy and I am going to have to put all 4 kids to bed myself. It's just not fair.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#218 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 08:14 PM

Edited b/c I am an idiot. I posted the wrong repsonse on the wrong topic on the wrong BB! I had two tabs open and meant to post the response I put here on the other tab. I went back to read the other tab and wondered where my post went and realized what I posted here made no sense at all.

I had qouted the topic meaning to say something else, but now I forget what it was. I will blame sleep deprived, four day post partum brain for this.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#219 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 08:27 PM

loveneverfails

Mine petered out too .

I am trying to remember it's a good thing that I was having some, and that this is a sign that things are progressing. Perhaps I'm even slightly more effaced and dilated than I was and will have a shorter active labour.

I'm kinda thinking maybe when the kids go to bed I'll feel freer to labour without dealing with them. Two of them are having an 'off' evening, and it's irritating to have contractions with fighting, whining children underfoot. Maybe my body just changed its mind until the irritation goes to bed, lol.

4 kids under 10
#220 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin_Life View Post

Thanks for your support!

~Amber
Congratulations!

We're an August family for birthdays.. me, my son, my husband, my father in law, my mom, my sister, my aunt, and another aunt's husband.

I'd also like to ask (rhetorically, maybe).. am I the only woman in the world whose husband will not perform on command? It's been a week.. I'd been envisioning prostaglandin treatments several times a week from 37 weeks on, but the more demanding I get the less he wants to put out..

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
#221 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 PM

Oh man. Loveneverfails, we need a new thread...for...<GULP>....MAY!

I never imagined I'd be in the May Club.

4 kids under 10
#222 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

That's the thing: I want a longer labor, because I've had a 2 hour labor before and don't want to wind up with the possibility of being unassisted.

I mean, I am at 2-3cm and had a decent amount of bloody show today. And I have done a similar pattern in the past, with one day of prodromal BS, going to bed overnight and having a baby the following afternoon. I'm just really down. At least I didn't have my midwife come out. Then I'd have felt really stupid.

Guess we can be Too Awesome For April together, y'all!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#223 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Guess we can be Too Awesome For April together, y'all!
LOVE IT!!!!

So, since I am Too Awesome For April, (unless I spontaneously pop out a baby in the next 2.5 hrs...) both of our kids and my niece and nephew will have the same bday months. DS - 12/21 & Neph 12/20, & Niece 5/12, & Baby 5/?. Makes life easier since MIL is big on the whole family getting together for everyone's birthdays.

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
#224 of 224 Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I'm making the Too Awesome For April thread now, because we're definitely close enough to May (in my time zone, at least) and I don't want any of us who have resisted April's allure to be left hanging out in a thread that doesn't express well enough how masterful we all are when it comes to May.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page