Mothering Forum banner

LLWWSBP2016 For the Group of NON TRAITORS Who Actually Care about Winning the Golden Birthing Stool 4/25 to 4/30

10K views 223 replies 34 participants last post by  loveneverfails 
#1 ·
So, Sara is totally off the island and into the Pit of Birthing. Figures. I knew she didn't have what it takes to be Americas Next Top Model. Er, The Last Preggo Standing, Squatting, or on All Fours.

Anyone want to form a coalition? Our numbers are dwindling somewhat, but there's still time and enough people to take them out one by one. And, after all, I am the Birth Whisperer.

Had sex, went shopping, took EPO orally, elsewhere and gee! I'm totally still knocked up. TAKE THAT! Now I'm not saying anything about any of *your* babies, but my baby totally had furniture delivered last week and cable internet is coming on Tuesday. We are in this for the long haul, people. WE SHALL GAIN MASTERY OVER MAY, AND SEIZE THE GOLDEN BIRTHING STOOL!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll repost from the previous thread:

Yay for Sme having her baby! I want to be next (ETA: even if that makes me a traitor, I still want to be next. I need this baby to be born so I can actually get some sleep!).

If I make it past 2:38 pm ET today, I will be the most pregnant I have ever been as DS1 arrived at that time at 40w3d. Since that point only about six hours away, I think I'll make it. Part of me thinks this baby must be a boy b/c it's taking it's time like our other two boys. The other part of me thinks it's must be a girl b/c it's being so stubborn like our other DD is (even though she came before her due date).

So, how many of us are left on this island?

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
This doesn't jive, lol.
At least a baby may sleep two hours at a time. That's more sleep than I am getting now or have been getting for the past month or so. Between peeing 500 times per night and my DH waking me up telling me I am snoring too loudly
, I might be getting a hours sleep at a time.

#7 ·
So, yesterday we finally had something that resembled a storm.
The low pressure system, shockingly enough, did not cause my baby to fly right out of me.

Before the storm came, I walked for 3 frikkin' hours. I had some pelvic pressure after all of that, and it was getting pretty bad by the end of the day, but this morning I woke up to find baby floating up high again.

My midwife has already made plans to see me twice next week. She seems to be pretty much taking it for granted that I'll go to 42 weeks, 'cause I'm cool like that.

#8 ·
And here I was thinking that low pressure systems were supposed to suck your baby out of you like a giant vacuum of baby birthing awesomeness. Guess your cervix is just that much MORE awesome, LaughingFox!

I actually have programmed into my calendar things for 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 weeks.

42 weeks is "date at which my midwife will start giving me the Evil Eye."

43 weeks is "what are you, a freak of nature!?"

44 weeks is "OH CR@P, A 14 LB BABY!!!!"

Maybe I should write something in for April of 2016...

#9 ·
Also, when I was going out yesterday, several people noted that our family was "growing" but not a single one asked when my due date is. I guess I really must not look that pregnant?

OR MAYBE THE ENTIRE WORLD IS AWARE THAT I AM NOT GIVING BIRTH UNTIL 2016. Yep, that's probably it.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandcastle View Post
At least a baby may sleep two hours at a time. That's more sleep than I am getting now or have been getting for the past month or so. Between peeing 500 times per night and my DH waking me up telling me I am snoring too loudly
, I might be getting a hours sleep at a time.
I'm expecting to get more sleep once the baby comes, too. Or more comfortable sleep at the very least. The past couple nights I've been kept up for an hour or more by the stupidest contractions ever.. they feel more real than BH, but not real enough. When I try to do the Hypnobabies thing and relax and welcome the contractions, they immediately stop. So I get an hour of 15 second long contractions every 3 minutes or so. Trying to be positive because I had a lot of prodromal labor with my third but a super easy birth, so if that's the way it's heading, I'll take the lack of sleep.

Totally made my husband crack up last night.. I was walking around in a store (by myself) and I felt like I had to fart. But the baby was riding so low that whenever I tried to fart, it felt like he was just going to slide out. So I held it in and boogied out of the store, 'cause I so did not want to have the baby in TRU while my husband and the kids were out in the car.

#11 ·
Well, nothing happened over here last night
I thought for sure that was it- had regular contractions until 5:30 am, but now nothing! Oh, well, this is officially the longest I have ever been pregnant by 3 whole hours so far!

I guess I am still on the island with you ladies!

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Guess your cervix is just that much MORE awesome, LaughingFox!
I know!
Making you sweat, isn't it? The title of IRON CERVIX will be MINE!

Oh, and I think I might have lost my mucous plug this morning.
It was big. Bigger than anything I lost with DD. No blood or anything, though, and no contractions or pressure. Hm.
Poor DH was just getting out of the shower as I was going to the bathroom and I was like "Whoa, look at this!!"
Pregnancy is so glamorous.

#13 ·
I laughed pretty hard when I saw this thread. Today is my due date, and I had so many sporadic but painful contractions yesterday that I actually went to bed expecting to wake up in labor. It didnt happen, and I had a dream that my friend had her baby first, and she isn't due for 8 more weeks.

#14 ·
Mind if I join? I have been a lurker and infrequent poster. My guess date was April 20th so that makes me 5 days overdue. My DD was born by scheduled c/s due to breech presentation so I didn't labor with her.

I am excited to go into labor naturally but am getting so impatient. lol It's like, am I suppose to do something to go into labor? I thought your body just started when it was time!

I've been doing the walking, sex, tea, etc.. to no avail.

Since I will be having a hospital vbac with midwives I am somewhat on a clock. I will get an u/s on Tues (41 weeks), they will break my water at 42 weeks if baby is in good position and see what happens.

I am still pretty physically comfortable but soooo ready to meet this little girl!

Thanks for reading my book!

Amber

#15 ·
Oh, and I just found out (via Facebook, no less) that my aunt had her baby yesterday-ish. I don't know exactly how far along she was, but I'm guessing 34 weeks or so. She drank a LOT during the first half of her pregnancy and was hospitalized to get her sober, CPS was involved, etc, etc. Dunno if she was still smoking, too.. she quit while pregnant with her first daughter, but if she was drinking a lot, I'm guessing she didn't give up smoking. I need to talk to my dad to find out more details (if he even knows, I don't think they called the house). But despite being worried about the baby and grateful I don't have to worry about PTL and having a preemie, I'm a little annoyed that I'm still pregnant.

#16 ·
All are welome here, as long as they recognize the fundamental truth: we are all going to be pregnant FOREVER... or at least until 2016.

LaughingFox, my uterus is rated to at least 11 lbs. I don't think it remembers how to evict an 8 lber. But I'll admit that you're still making me nervous.

I'm annoyed because I have contractions and they're doing.. NOTHING. If you're going to have your glorious Victory Over Due Date, uterus, you really ought to make it awesome enough to not have dopey contractions that make me afraid for my golden birth stool status.

#18 ·
Quote:

I had a 34-weeker last time and have that sense of gratitude that carried me through to at least 40 weeks too. It's good to focus on the positive side of this which is that none of us is facing PTL or a preemie right now!

(and, I didn't smoke or drink--I have no idea why I had a preemie after 2 full-term healthy pregnancies. Sometimes it happens).
Oh, I know PTL isn't usually anyone's fault. I was just ticked off that after being so careless with her child's life that she had her baby before me. Selfish, yes.
My uncle said she was only 2-3 weeks early, so I guess we were off on how far along she was (we were just guessing based on when they told us they knew the gender). He has a cleft palate, the valve in his heart that usually closes at birth is still open (they're hoping it'll close on its own in a week or two) and he's having the usual breathing difficulties. Poor little guy.

#19 ·
Poor little guy. It's good he wasn't an extra 4 weeks early, especially with heart/breathing complications. I hope everything goes well for him from here on out.

When I was 36 weeks pregnant, some guy at work said something like "I bet you're so sick of pregnancy that you just wish you could have had this baby 6 weeks ago, huh?"
I was just appalled that someone could throw something out there like that. I told him he was completely insane if he thought a 30 week preemie would be anything I would wish for just to avoid a couple extra months of minor discomforts of a healthy pregnancy.

Seriously, WTH?

#20 ·
Reporting for duty! Nary a mucus plug in sight!

Rachel, I hope your aunt's baby does well--sounds like a scary situation. And I totally relate to how you are feeling. I know several people due this week or later and I've been watching with dismay as one by one their babies come. And here I am, still pregnant, having to get up to go to work tomorrow yet again. Ugh. I only have two decent outfits that fit, too; it's so humiliating to show up day after day in the same clothes.

My DH is nesting big time. If you count organizing his CDs and cleaning the garage as nesting, lol. I'm not at all, because of course this baby isn't coming until 2016 at the earliest, so I'm content to wallow in disorganized filth until 2015 or so.

#21 ·
ColwynsMommy - I hope the baby is OK. My brother's crazy ex-girlfriend had a similar situation. We still don't know if it's my brother's baby or not, but she did try to say it was his at one point in time.

laughingfox - don't clear out space for the golden birthing stool quite yet. I had no signs of labor other than losing my mucus plug with my third child and he was born within 24 hours of losing it.

My DH is nesting. He's been on these cleaning kicks for the past week or so. He's felt the need to clean the garage, donate stuff, throw out old stuff, etc. Part of it may be that we are moving at the end of May, but part of it is probably nesting. Well, at least one of us is nesting I suppose b/c it sure isn't me.

Since 2:38 pm ET at 40w3d has passed, I am now more pregnant than I have ever been before. I was optimistic yesterday b/c I had a glob of mucus, but I haven't had any other signs yet. I got the liner in the tub today and cleaned the bathroom a bit so that it would be ready. I've also done a couple loads of laundry today. Now that I have done those things, the baby will surely come out, right?

Does anyone remember me posting about my MW being injured and I now have a backup MW? Does anyone find it odd that the original MW has not called me at all? I met with her apprentice and the backup MW last Sunday, but I have not heard from the original MW since she called me a week before my due date to tell me she wouldn't be at my birth so it's been about 1.5 weeks since I last heard from her. My DH asked me that question as well. Does anyone else find that odd or is that normal? I have another appt with the apprentice and backup MW on Tuesday.

#22 ·
Ugh, Rachel.. that sounds really really really hard. My husband's family has serious drug issues enough that we're estranged from them.

#23 ·
i got another idea for someone to try. my good friend gave birth this weekend. how you ask? She finally scheduled a maternity shoot for Sunday and she gave birth Saturday
Who wants to go schedule a maternity shoot for the sake of science? ((hugs)) to all those waiting for their LOs!

#24 ·
Ugh... I took a bad spill outside the grocery store. So, I'm all banged up on my knees (fell forward onto hands and knees) and now I'm all sore and can't take Motrin. Baby is moving around fine, but now I'm a sore mess. And sex just got a whole lot less possible.

#25 ·
Quote:

I had a 34-weeker last time and have that sense of gratitude that carried me through to at least 40 weeks too. It's good to focus on the positive side of this which is that none of us is facing PTL or a preemie right now!

Good point! After having a 30wk preemie, I'm SO grateful to still be pregnant!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Ugh... I took a bad spill outside the grocery store. So, I'm all banged up on my knees (fell forward onto hands and knees) and now I'm all sore and can't take Motrin. Baby is moving around fine, but now I'm a sore mess. And sex just got a whole lot less possible.

I hope you're feeling better soon!!

As of today, I'm 11 days more pregnant than I've ever been! That feels like a REALLY LONG FREAKING TIME.

I'm at 40+3 today, with off and on labor since Friday the 16th. Been contracting without ceasing every 15 minutes since Thursday at 8am. I've lost TONS of mucous, bloody show, and am STILL pregnant. I so totally win.

On a more serious note, DH is starting to get worried because I haven't really slept in almost a week. I've gotten an hour or so at a time, but that's it. I'm trying to rest as much as possible, but it's hard with 4 other kids at home. I understand his concern. I gotta say I'm starting to get a bit concerned that if my body doesn't get rest it just won't jump start this labor!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carita View Post
i got another idea for someone to try. my good friend gave birth this weekend. how you ask? She finally scheduled a maternity shoot for Sunday and she gave birth Saturday
Who wants to go schedule a maternity shoot for the sake of science? ((hugs)) to all those waiting for their LOs!
Proved this theory wrong. My maternity shoot was yesterday & no baby yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.