Too Awesome For April! Moms who have resisted April's Allure in pursuit of the Golden Birth Stool to be Found in May (May 1-May 8) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
my birthday is the 19th. so i'm officially hoping that NONE of your kids share my birthday.
You and me both! I will be like 44 weeks by then- so not likely. Today we have NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh- he is a stubborn little (I hope) thing!

The competition for the golden birthing stool is getting fierce- it will be interesting to see who goes first!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Congrats adarasmom!!!

I did some shopping this afternoon and have been having contrax ever since. I've also lost a ridiculous amount of mucous plug since the sweep. I'm so sick of being pregnant that I don't even care that my mom is 6 hrs away to see my little sister graduate this weekend, I just wanna have a baby!!!!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, ladies, I'm out. Niall was born last night at 11:08pm. He's 8lbs, 19 inches.

Labor really sucked.. which is new for me. I loved giving birth the first three times.. it was easy and came naturally for me. Last night, the baby just didn't want to come out and it was so difficult. No sign of a birth high here. Niall is wonderful, though, completely adorable. Fiona absolutely adores him and was up until 1am 'cause she wanted to keep holding him.

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
Old 05-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColwynsMommy View Post
Well, ladies, I'm out. Niall was born last night at 11:08pm. He's 8lbs, 19 inches.

Labor really sucked.. which is new for me. I loved giving birth the first three times.. it was easy and came naturally for me. Last night, the baby just didn't want to come out and it was so difficult. No sign of a birth high here. Niall is wonderful, though, completely adorable. Fiona absolutely adores him and was up until 1am 'cause she wanted to keep holding him.
Congrats on your boy!

I'm so sorry you feel cheated on your labor. Give yourself time to process - difficult labors can take a long time to heal.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Rachel, I understand. Reminds me a lot of my 4th birth. That was just a hard birth to go through, but my 4th child is such an incredible sweetheart and cuddlebunny.

Congratulations, and enjoy your off the island existence!!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Unconventional1, Silverspook and VeryErin, check in!

I'm still here, 41w2d. Pretty quiet over here.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Still pregnant. Have been having bloody show, but not one contraction. Am starting to feel resigned to being induced Tuesday. And I really really don't want to go to church tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Congrats! So glad you are off the island now.

I had a rough time with the birth of my third child - definitely no birth high ever with him. Even 17 months later, I don't want to think about his birth much. However, he is a wonderful, sweet little boy.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarasmom View Post
I am off the island!
Congrats!

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Still here in the running ladies 42+.... maybe all of our babes want to give us the ultimate mother's day gift....

I have had very mild ctx this morning, but nothing worth writing about really.

Congrats to you ladies who are off the island!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryerin View Post
And I really really don't want to go to church tomorrow.
Oooh me either. I also have to go to my niece's birthday party this afternoon and face my very mainstream inlaws. My niece will be disappointed that she doesn't get to hold her new cousin for her bday. And I'm going to have to answer all the mainstream overdue questions about induction, etc. that we are all so sick of. BIL & SIL are not supportive of our HB choice at all and I'm not even wanting to go because I just don't want to deal with the greif y'know? So glad I have you guys to vent to!!!

BTW, I'm 42 weeks today. Ultrasound scheduled for Monday morning, and I'm praying I get to skip that appointment!!!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Congrats, Rachel! And re: the difficult labor...I can relate. I still can't even really think too much about mine over a week out.

Niall is such a great name, too! I love all of your kids' names.

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
Old 05-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Mama, my fourth last week was also my hardest. Definitely no birth high. Only relief.
And I love her just the same .

Congratulations .

4 kids under 10
Old 05-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Oh ladies, you're amazing.

The birth of our third was pretty traumatic, and I still have trouble thinking much about it 4 years later. I'm sorry.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 05-09-2010, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Going to bed now, not in labor and not because the helicopters have arrived to get me the heck off this island.

Well, in under 2 hours, I'll be the most pregannt I've ever been. 41w3d here I come...

Old 05-09-2010, 05:35 AM

I made a list of things to do Monday because I have given up and am resigned to being induced Tuesday. 41w 5d now. I'm pretty bummed out.

Happy mothers day to you all - I wish our babies would give us the gift of getting the heck out.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!

Now, I want to see at least, oh, FOUR Mother's Day babies! Go, babies, go! Y'all have overstayed your uterine welcome!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Happy Mother's Day, ladies!

Now, I want to see at least, oh, FOUR Mother's Day babies! Go, babies, go! Y'all have overstayed your uterine welcome!
Ditto! Happy Mothers' Day to all of us!

Sarah, with 3.5 yo DD Charlotte + brand new baby Eleanor Jane April 28, 2010
Old 05-09-2010, 02:37 PM

Maybe all of the AWESOME chocolates, diamond earrings and hundreds of flowers y'all are all going to get today will shock your systems enough to get labor started!!

Or if you're one of THOSE, the cloth diaper stash he's been saving up for, the home composter you've wanted for months, or the rainbow tie-dye sheets your 3 other kids made for you will do the same thing

Regardless, here's hoping today is a Mother's Day some of you will never forget. May it be Labor Day instead!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Congratulations to the offers

And yes, let's see some mama day babies!!!!

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

User Tag List