Mothering Forum banner

Too Awesome For April! Moms who have resisted April's Allure in pursuit of the Golden Birth Stool to be Found in May (May 1-May 8)

8K views 139 replies 28 participants last post by  GreenTeaGinger61 
#1 ·
April showers bring May flowers, and something something something...

Whatevs.

We are TOTALLY kicking the cr@p out of April. April thought it could contain our greatness of abdominal girth, and it was WRONG WRONG AND MORE WRONG! We are the few, the proud, the extremely pregnant.

Now I would *never* suggest that people who gave birth in April were a bunch of pansies...
However, I suspect that some of them just weren't taking this Golden Birthing Stool seriously. I mean, take SmeIsNotAPirate, for example. After all that talk about going into May, she didn't even make her due date! That doesn't sound like much dedication to me.

Therefore, fellow members of the LLWWSBP2016, I salute you on your masterful entrance into May. Labor? What's labor? Babies NEVER actually come out. Ever. I, for one, feel more pregnant today than I did yesterday and this could go on for days, nay weeks! Months! Years!

Bottoms up, and cervixes tightly closed, ladies!

The Few, The Proud, The Gravid on May 1:

Confirmed Still Pregnant:

LoveNeverFails
Unconventional1
Silverspook
veryerin

Pregnancy Status Undetermined: PLEASE CHECK IN, LADIES!

Mama2010
lifescholar

Escapees from the Island of Pregnancy Domination

Sanguine_Speed OFF THE ISLAND 5/1
Beccasteve03 OFF THE ISLAND 5/1
adarasmom OFF THE ISLAND 5/1
alternamama82 OFF THE ISLAND 5/2
ColwynsMommy OFF THE ISLAND 5/7

Come ON, there have to be more of us than this! Please? Lie to me, someone? Ok, I went back through the last thread and added people, and I will remove people from contention for the Golden Birth Stool as y'all get the heck off my island.

See less See more
#2 ·
So, so disappointed not to have made April.. though for a really stupid reason. The kids' birth months would have gone every other.. April, June, August, October. Now this baby is messing it all up.

Fiona was born on a Saturday morning, so I have high hopes of replicating that. I'd be perfectly happy replicating her birth almost exactly.. sure, I'd like it if the midwife showed up, and if I got to forgo the prodromal labor, that'd be nice. I'm jealous of all of you who are at least getting regular contractions for a period of time.. I've had plenty of uncomfortable contractions, but never more than two in an hour, and rarely more than 5-10 in a day.

#3 ·
At least your uterus isn't an insufferable tease? My idiot uterus keeps faking me out! No bloody show from membrane sweep, and then bloody show and contractions all day today. But do I have a baby? Nooooooo.... That would make sense!

#9 ·
Good luck, sanguine_speed, I would try to rest up a bit, if you can. I had prodromal labor going on two days before having baby, and one before that too. I'm thankful that each time I just decided to go to sleep and rest. They were like three minutes apart LOL I have no clue how to tell the difference, other than when I woke up in labor, I had to get down on my knees to get through a contraction. I gave up on timing after like two of those.

#10 ·
ddcc -
sanguine-speed, for what it's worth, my contractions with both of my kids NEVER got regular. I was in denial that I was in labor with DS until I could feel my bag of water bulging out when I tried to check my cervix...they just NEVER got regular, they were all over the place from beginning to end. 10 minutes, 5 minute, 7 minutes, 3 minutes...if I hadn't checked and felt that bag of water I would've had DS on the bathroom floor because I figured I was in early, disorganized labor for at least another day.

just wanted to put that out there maybe for some encouragement

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Now I would *never* suggest that people who gave birth in April were a bunch of pansies...
However, I suspect that some of them just weren't taking this Golden Birthing Stool seriously. I mean, take SmeIsNotAPirate, for example. After all that talk about going into May, she didn't even make her due date! That doesn't sound like much dedication to me.

You trash-talker, you!

I have to buy a plant or something to go in the hole in my living room that I cleared for the Golden Birthing Stool.

When I was in labor, I informed my mws that I couldn't possibly be in labor because it wasn't May and there were still women here in this thread who hadn't given birth.

I bow to your iron cervices
and send ELVs to all of you sill waiting! Congrats on your mastery over April!

#12 ·
Can I join you here? I haven't been on here much at all. But I was due April 22nd and here I am still preggo. I have until Friday to have this baby on my own or my doctor wants to induce. We have been planning a home, water birth but my HB midwife doesn't like patients to go over 42 weeks so I really hope this baby comes this week and we can avoid a hospital induction.

TMI but I have a question. I lost my mucus plug yesterday. I started losing it in the morning before my doctors appointment and at my doctor's appointment they checked me for dilation and said I might bleed from the exam. Anyways later in the day I lost even more of the plug and had brown and pink blood in it. Do you think that could mean he is coming soon? Or could labor still be a ways away? I have nothing going on except for the constant braxton hicks I have had for the last 4 weeks.

#13 ·
Quote:

Therefore, fellow members of the LLWWSBP2016, I salute you on your masterful entrance into May. Labor? What's labor? Babies NEVER actually come out. Ever. I, for one, feel more pregnant today than I did yesterday and this could go on for days, nay weeks! Months! Years!

Bottoms up, and cervixes tightly closed, ladies!

I made it to April 30. Am I still a pansy?

Sanguine - my contractions never really regulated. They were 6-10 minutes apart until I hit about 7cm, and then were 3-5 minutes apart. When I hit transition they were back to back lasting about 90 seconds each with no break in between. I hope hope hope you get to evict that baby today!!!!

#15 ·
Time to get off the island, Sanguine!

I'm on to the "wash the siding on the porch" method of labor induction. I'm not optimistic.

#16 ·
Sanguine - my contractions didn't really regulate either with this labor. I remember saying to my doula, "These aren't long or strong enough, are they?" I don't know how long before the baby was born that I said that, but it was after I'd gotten into the water and I think I only spent about an hour in the tub. I really thought I had a long time left but next thing I know, out came a baby.

#17 ·
Quote:

I'm on to the "wash the siding on the porch" method of labor induction. I'm not optimistic.
In case you're wondering what finally did it for me, I'll let you in on my secret-
I watched Yellowbeard (the old bad pirate movie from the 80s) on Hulu.

My contractions got stronger and regular and closer together the second I clicked 'play.'

#18 ·
Some us were purposefully trying to avoid May as in "I already have three family members with May birthdays." Seriously it's my daughter's bday today, the 14th is my other dd, and the 19th is dh's bday. No more May birthdays. I won't talk about the secret pact I had to make with uterus for the April birthday.

Sanguine: My contractions were irregular like this as well. I had them off and on for two days (besides the three weeks of other stuff). I had to breath through them, and they hurt a bit but nothing unbearable. I made it to an 8 like this and then had my water broken, and that's when things got intense. Hoping so much this is what's happening for you!!! Oh and my whole problem was that my uterus was posterior as well. I did lots of squats, ball exercises, and managed to get it turned around so we could break my water.

#19 ·
Alright...41 weeks today & I'm going to try to get this labor stuff going! DH and I are going to go wash, wax & clean out his old high school hot rod - a Trans Am convertible! He's listing it for sale to pad our savings account and it needs a good scrub down before we list it. Wish me luck (that I don't kill myself lol) and labor viiiiibes!!!

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenTeaGinger61 View Post
Some us were purposefully trying to avoid May as in "I already have three family members with May birthdays." Seriously it's my daughter's bday today, the 14th is my other dd, and the 19th is dh's bday. No more May birthdays. I won't talk about the secret pact I had to make with uterus for the April birthday.

Sanguine: My contractions were irregular like this as well. I had them off and on for two days (besides the three weeks of other stuff). I had to breath through them, and they hurt a bit but nothing unbearable. I made it to an 8 like this and then had my water broken, and that's when things got intense. Hoping so much this is what's happening for you!!! Oh and my whole problem was that my uterus was posterior as well. I did lots of squats, ball exercises, and managed to get it turned around so we could break my water.
Sounds like you need to stop having sex in July/August.

Same here with irregular contractions - except that mine were 1-5 minutes apart until pushing. They'd go from right on top of each other or double peaking to 5 minutes apart, then 3 minutes, then another double peak - it was nuts. Probably that arm that wouldn't get out of the way. As soon as I felt something move (I'm assuming it was her arm pulling back just enough that her head was hitting my cervix right finally), I was pushing. Still took 3.5hrs of pushing for baby to be born, but that was what did it.

#21 ·
Ok, time for some self pitying whining.

EVERYBODY GETS TO HAVE BABIES EXCEPT FOR ME!

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Sounds like you need to stop having sex in July/August.

Totally:p Although it was September because I had them early. I told dh that August/September is our month for sure. If we do go for five which we're still on the fence about then it we'll be just moving onto into October or something

Oh and not uterus, cervix was posterior. I blame sleep dep. for that typing error.

#23 ·
Quote:

Time to get off the island, Sanguine!

Yeah, the yardwork method didn't work either.
I spent, let's see.. four full hours weeding, pulling up sod, and planting, with pretty much no break. Before that we walked all over Home Depot and did a lap at our huge mall. And not a single contraction.

Now when my husband says, "Honey, let's go for a walk around the block to see if that brings on labor," I feel better saying "Screw that, I'm lying on the couch."

#24 ·
I think I'm going to edit the first post to note The Few, The Proud, The Gravid so that we can keep track of ourselves. I think Sanguine is a goner. She would have been back by now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.