Mothering Forum banner

Happy Mother's Day On the Island! Week of May 9

6K views 101 replies 37 participants last post by  starkyld 
#1 ·
41w3d. Not feeling like I'm in labor. Boo...

#77 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I just have no freaking idea what happened with that labor. I know normal labor. This is my 5th birth. I know pitocin induced labor, precipitous labor, 11 lb baby delivery pain. This was the worst pain I have ever had in my entire life, and something was absolutely wrong.

I spent 30 minutes with contractions pretty much never letting up long enough for Mercy to recover between them, and I had my husband get the bath going really fast so that we could knock those contractions out because they were absolutely too strong and they scared me. I don't ever shriek or scream during labor.

So, 30 minutes of tetanic, unrelenting contractions followed by 15 minutes trying not to push. 1st assistant got there as we were crowning, MW got there as head was out, resolved a mild shoulder dystocia, Apgars at 3, 5, 7. We thought she was just stunned and needed more time to come around, and she did start pinking up and was looking around and then stopped breathing at about 2 hours old. MW and assistant resuscitated her, we transferred to the hospital via ambulance, transferred to another hospital and that's where we're at right now.

As of 3am, she's down to room air levels of oxygenation on the vent, but the issue is more how much crud she has in her lungs. She's getting stuff needing to be suctioned not too infrequently.
I'm so sorry you guys are having such a rough time. That must have been so, so scary. You're so strong, and it sounds like Mercy is, too.. I'm sure things will get back to normal soon for you. Your family is in my thoughts.. and congratulations, too, because even though it was traumatic, you did a great job and your baby girl is here!

#79 ·
LNF, saw your post in the weekly thread about pumping and came here to read details....

thinking of you guys, especially little mercy. it IS a shock to end up in NICU, and pumping IS really hard! sending you some real empathy
and lots of
s

#80 ·
oh LNF, it must have been so scary when she stopped breathing. I'm so sorry it didn't go as planned. I hope she's better soon so you can get home and snuggle and relax.

#81 ·
LNF
I was so sorry to read your birth story. After all you have been through I was so hoping and praying for an uncomplicated, easy, peaceful birth for you. We were in the NICU with our first, also a home birth transfer after a relatively short and intense labor. It totally sucks, and pumping should have its own special level of hell.

Sending prayers and healing energy your way. I hope that you and Mercy are home soon.

#83 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I just have no freaking idea what happened with that labor. I know normal labor. This is my 5th birth. I know pitocin induced labor, precipitous labor, 11 lb baby delivery pain. This was the worst pain I have ever had in my entire life, and something was absolutely wrong.

I spent 30 minutes with contractions pretty much never letting up long enough for Mercy to recover between them, and I had my husband get the bath going really fast so that we could knock those contractions out because they were absolutely too strong and they scared me. I don't ever shriek or scream during labor.

So, 30 minutes of tetanic, unrelenting contractions followed by 15 minutes trying not to push. 1st assistant got there as we were crowning, MW got there as head was out, resolved a mild shoulder dystocia, Apgars at 3, 5, 7. We thought she was just stunned and needed more time to come around, and she did start pinking up and was looking around and then stopped breathing at about 2 hours old. MW and assistant resuscitated her, we transferred to the hospital via ambulance, transferred to another hospital and that's where we're at right now.

As of 3am, she's down to room air levels of oxygenation on the vent, but the issue is more how much crud she has in her lungs. She's getting stuff needing to be suctioned not too infrequently.

you and your fam and your precious little babe are in my prayers!

#84 ·
Anybody use Master Gland Formula to help bring on labor? My midiwfe suggested that I try it. She said it's hormone/gland support and can help get things going or keep things going if labor stalls. I have a small supply and am going to take it every 2 waking hours starting in the morning per mw's recommendation. Just wondering if anyone BTDT.

#85 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
Anybody use Master Gland Formula to help bring on labor? My midiwfe suggested that I try it. She said it's hormone/gland support and can help get things going or keep things going if labor stalls. I have a small supply and am going to take it every 2 waking hours starting in the morning per mw's recommendation. Just wondering if anyone BTDT.

I've never heard of it Sliverspook. Maybe somebody on the general pregnancy board?

Who's left here anyway? Has Silverspook won?

#87 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
I think that if nobody else posts to say they're still here in the next 24 hours that they're not that motivated, and that silverspook should win the stool.
Totally agreed! 23 hours left.......

This is fun! We're down to the wire!

#88 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Totally agreed! 23 hours left.......

This is fun! We're down to the wire!
I am most definitely still a contender. Time
will tell if I'm the only one...tick tock!

I started the master gland this morning...nothing yet! I do feel
more 'balanced' though so I am getting some benefts even if it doesn't bring on labor.

#91 ·
Congrats! I feel as though loveneverfails should be the one to officially announce the winner, but she is preoccupied. But I think the stool is yours!

So... you've got the stool. Now, use it already!

#92 ·
Congrats to silverspook, the winner of the birthing stool! GO HAVE YOUR BABY! YOU WON ALREADY!

And congrats to our runner-up, loveneverfails, whose daughter Mercy will never live down the guilt of making her mom lose the glorious birthing stool by a hair.

#94 ·
*Takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. I can't say that I'm happy to be the LAST FREAKING PREGO STANDING on this darn island, but at least I have a shiny new stool to show for it, right?

I am packing my bags and looking for the helicopter as I type though. I think the Master Gland is working! Mild contrax started last night & picked up when I got up this morning. They are about 10 mins apart and not grit-your-teeth strong yet, but I'm having lots and lots of pressure with each one. They picked up when DS was napping and have slowed a bit now that he's awake, so I hope things will really get rolling when he goes to bed.

#95 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
*Takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. I can't say that I'm happy to be the LAST FREAKING PREGO STANDING on this darn island, but at least I have a shiny new stool to show for it, right?

I am packing my bags and looking for the helicopter as I type though. I think the Master Gland is working! Mild contrax started last night & picked up when I got up this morning. They are about 10 mins apart and not grit-your-teeth strong yet, but I'm having lots and lots of pressure with each one. They picked up when DS was napping and have slowed a bit now that he's awake, so I hope things will really get rolling when he goes to bed.
Go Silverspook Go

Can't wait to hear about our last baby being born here

#98 ·
Contractions got really intense last night, then they were sporadic throughout the night and are non-existant this morning. I'm losing faith.

#99 ·
well, you need to have this baby by tomorrow or you're going to have to start this weekly thread and talk to yourself!!

(in seriousness, we could probably go back to one weekly thread)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.