WAH!! He's 7 weeks old already! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why does it have to go so fast? My baby is 7 weeks old, next Saturday he'll be 2 months old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! He's still pretty small- 8lbs 11oz, smaller than some of my friends' babies who are much younger than him! lol But he's growing up and I'm not ready for that. It makes me want to get pregnant again right now! lol
Anybody else feeling this way?

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#2 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM

Mine is 6 weeks tomorrow (and somewhere over 10.5 pounds -- yipes!). For me, this is really exciting. I'm not a big fan of the newborn stage, so starting the transition from newborn to infant -- and all the fun developments that come with it -- is something I look forward to from the start.

It is weird to realize how fast it went, though....

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#3 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 AM

6.5 weeks and nearing 13 lbs here, and I cried when I put away all the newborn (and 3 months ) clothes.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#4 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM

4.5 weeks and 9 pounds 13.5 ounces. That's 3 pounds in 4 weeks. When do they slow down the weight gain? I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a 25 pound six month old.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#5 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM

totally! i cried when charlie reached 4 weeks. i said to him, i will ALWAYS miss you, meaning his newborn self.

now he's almost 7 weeks, and though still little (i'm sure under 8 lbs though maybe approaching), he's starting to change every day!

what a precious time, so hard to leave behind...

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#6 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM

nak
so there...course i was there before he was born! ive really noticed how big hes gotten recently. the outfit i brought him home in swam on him and now it fits almost to small. 1 month yesterday not sure what he weighs. prolly 9 lbs+ im very emotional about this growing up thing....wwwaaaaahhhhhh
#7 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm feeling this way and she's only heading toward 1 month (on Saturday). I'm a little torn as I do love the infant stage so much as well. The smiles, the cooing, the sitting up...it's all so wonderful. But oh how I love the newborn stage as well. And I'm already sad about the pregnancy and birth being over. I'm a mess! I feel more sad when I think we may stop here but since dh is not utterly opposed to another one I feel a little more hopeful that I'll get to do it again. I know we're nuts!

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#8 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:12 PM

huck is only 3 weeks today but he is fattening up so quick! and last night he raised his head up on with his arms and i thought, my gosh, it is all going so fast! though i am also more excited for when he is not such a tiny wee baby and starts to interact more. however now that i write that i feel melancholy for the tiny baby stage too..

hormones!

mainly i think i am yearning for not having crazy big uncomfortable jugs! will be nice when that evens out and i am not wetting my shirts so much. if only i could remember when that happens!

#9 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Ha, 3 weeks and 2 days here, 8+ pounds, and although I am loving her little chubby cheeks, watching her grow and learn to control her head (!!) etc., I am actually super eager for 6 weeks... or 3/4 months... whenever things maybe get a little teensy tiny bit easier or just feel more natural to me. I love the baby but don't know if I love the newborn stage the best, you know?
So I'm kind of excited to almost be at the 1 month stage (So fast!!). Although I also know that I will kick myself for not having enjoyed her babyhood more while it was here, once it's gone. Similar to pregnancy. Oh, life and grass always greener!!

I'm so glad everyone's babe is growing happy and healthy. Rhi, I wonder if our babies have been so extra grouchy because they are both packing on the pounds rapidly? Mine is about on the same weight gain track as yours... which makes sense, since she nurses constantly and sleeps or is fussily exhausted most of the rest of the time. Let's hope it's part of their first growth spurts!
#10 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Jess, I totally think we have fast-growing super intelligent babies who are just frustrated that they can't read Shakespeare yet.

#11 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM

nak

1 month, 2 days here. She's 8lbs 4 oz, up from 7 10 two weeks ago. Today I realized she has actually outgrown something -- the 5-8 lb newborn sleepers that had fit her so well.

Its going too fast!

Mommy to two super cute kids.
#12 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Jess, I totally think we have fast-growing super intelligent babies who are just frustrated that they can't read Shakespeare yet.
Clearly we should be reading them sonnets instead of trying to shush them to sleep!
I actually got really excited when S grew out of her first outfit (it was a preemie outfit, but still!). Happily gaining weight!
#13 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Is she at least reading Byron by now? If not, consider returning this one and upgrading to the newer model.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#14 of 17 Old 05-11-2010, 08:35 PM

She's really more into Bronte at the moment.

#15 of 17 Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
She's really more into Bronte at the moment.
Ha HA! I read Villette (by Charlotte, I think) while pregnant. Does that count?
(BTW - it's BORING. Jane Eyre is much much better)
#16 of 17 Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
Ha HA! I read Villette (by Charlotte, I think) while pregnant. Does that count?
(BTW - it's BORING. Jane Eyre is much much better)
Oh, so it *is* your fault that she's like this after all! Now, what's my baby's excuse? I didn't read anything even remotely considered "literature" while she was incubating. Just a lot of random novels (and I just tried spell just, "gust.")

#17 of 17 Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 PM

Oh, I cannot believe my little baby will be turning one month old this week! No, that's impossible! I think that is more emotional for me, than a year. DH looked at him yesterday and said "wow, you have turned into an infant, not a newborn anymore." *Sniff* This definitely hits harder the second time around. I love the way he looks at my face now. It's hard to resist

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page