Asher's birth story & pics! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NAK-

As most of you know I was one of the last island contenders- and on other's day at 42w+2d I had enough! I tried a labor inducing tincture B & B formula that night hoping to get things going. When nothing really happened I went to bed resigned to having to wait at least one more day. I woke at 5:30 to go to the bathroom and realized that I had 2 contractions in about 3 minutes time! They were mild, but being that close, I knew this was it! I woke DH, told him what was happening, and told him we better call my sister to get here, because I could tell it was going to be another quick labor. I called her at 5:45, knowing she needed at least an hour to get here. She said she would call when she left her house (45 minutes away), and when that didn't happen by 6:45 I called her to say she should hurry up! Things were moving pretty fast and I knew the other kiddos would be up soon.

By 7:30 both kids were up, and DH had to attend to them leaving me to labor alone for 30 min until my sister arrived. By that point I was almost in transition! My sister got the kids out of the house, then things really started moving! I was in the bath the entire time to this point and the water was a godsend- I know I wouldn't have been able to cope to that point without it. My transition lasted about 30 minutes, and was REALLY hard to deal with this time. I got out of the tub and pushed in a supported squat, then on the toilet, then hanging on the side of he tub. I could feel that his head was descending too quickly and had to breath it out most of the way to prevent tearing. He was almost born in the caul, and my water broke as he crowned. He did take in a breath as the water broke, and he did take in some water, his breathing was a little rough the first few minutes, but cleared up quickly.

His cord was around his neck twice and had a true knot! Big boy Asher weighed in at 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long with a 14 3/4 in head! And all I have to show for it are some skid marks!

Here are a few pics!

1 hour old:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1189421398

1 day old:

3 days old:

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Aww he's so cute! Congrats hon!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:29 PM

YAY, i'm so glad he didn't stay in any longer and you had a great birth. good job, mama!

gorgeous plump baby!!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

User Tag List