He can roll over! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And thats scary! lol He did it a few times last week at only 9 weeks old... He rolls from his back to his front. He first gets on his side from his back by desprately trying to eat his hands (cause hes a suck for comfort baby but hasn't quite worked out a thumb or finger yet! lol)...and then last week he just decided to keep on going...took a few minutes to work his arm out but then bang - he was on his front. I thought freak occurance so I put him on his back to see if he would do it again...and he did! He did it for a third time today! Hes not doing it on purpose yet I don't think - he just tends to end up on his side (hes good at that as well cause we do a lot of side-lying feeding! hehe) and then I guess figures he may as well keep going in that direction! lol

DS1 couldn't do that until he was like five months old!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM

L is a step behind. Last night she kept ending up on her side trying to eat her hands!

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Woohoo! He'll be mobile in no time.. better start babyproofing!

DD1 rolled over at 12 hours old, and DD2 started rolling over a few days along.
I told my midwife, but I think she just thought I was exaggerating or something, because she was shocked when DD2 almost rolled off her couch at a 3 week visit.

I've heard a theory that being born "late" makes babies roll over sooner.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:21 PM

Becky was my only 'early' baby, and is by far the earliest roller. yeah... she rolled off the couch the other day. Mom of the year! I'd seen her roll front to back on accident a few times, but she had to have rolled back to front to get off the couch. Sorry I underestimated you Becky!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well DS1 was only three days 'late' - whilst Hamish was only just five days 'late'. So nothing major. DS1 did everything in his own sweet time - will be interesting to see what Hamish does! hehe

Oh Ivory - poor Becky!... DS1 fell off the bed at two months. I have no idea how he did that either (I mean - he was little mr vegetable for ages! lol)! He was in the middle - I turned my back for a minute to put laundry away. I felt terrible. Mostly cause he fell on his FACE!...and had a bloody nose too! I thought I had brain damaged him! - The midwife and health vistor just laughed at me! Apparently that kind of thing happens far too often. So far, I have been lucky with Hamish! - Hes been much more lucky in all sorts of ways though! lol

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:05 PM

r rolled over yesterday for the first time. Hes the earliest ine to do that even not on purpose. My otgers juat didnt care about toys or rolling or any of the eaely milestones but by walking time 12 & 12.5 months they were right on time. ds1 did somehow manage to roll of the bed when he was little too though.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:30 PM

DS1 rolled over at about 2 months. DS2 rolled over from tummy to back earlier this week at 6 weeks.

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM

DD1 rolled off the bed when she was a few months old, too. All I did was run to the bathroom to pee, and she was sleeping when I left.
Luckily it was laundry day, and there was a pile of laundry next to the bed, and she fell right onto that.
I peeked around the corner, and saw she was gone from where she was on the bed, and I had a split second of panic before I saw her grinning at me from the laundry pile, like she pulled a practical joke on me on purpose.

Mama to a couple of full-moon caul-bearing rockstar girls:
9yo and brand new as of 4/28/10!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:11 AM

wowo - can't remember when ds rolled over but it was late!!! congrats!!! dani is a hand sucker too! LOL

we did get a laugh today though...

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
Old 07-04-2010, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heidi rolled over from back to front at 3 weeks old and has now started rolling from front to back. My second daughter progressed very early too. She was crawling up our stairs at 5 months, standing at 6 months and took her first steps at 7 months so I totally expect Heidi to be mobile quickly.

Lisa
Old 07-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Adam rolled about a month ago, but he is also over a month older than most of your babies. I can't believe how big he is getting!!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Old 07-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Oh, man! Sprout show absolutely no interest in rolling (at 13.5 weeks), even when I help him get onto his side and tug gently on his arm! I mean, if he just fell over he'd roll over! But, no, he goes right back onto his back.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Ada has rolled from back to front several times, mostly on accident. She can roll on purpose if she's on something sloped like my chest or the couch, and she tries on flat hard surfaces but can't quite get the momentum to flip over yet 90% of the time.

My older DD never really rolled...she did a little, but she never like rolled across the floor or anything. She also never crawled! But she sat up on her own at 4 months old. And at 9 months old one day she just stood up out of my lap and walked away. It's funny how differently each baby develops!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 AM

DD2 shows no signs yet but I am not surprised. DD1 was able to roll from belly to back at 6 weeks old, but it only lasted for a week or two. She didn't roll again until sometime around 9-9.5 months, didn't crawl until 10.5 months and didn't walk until 14.5 months. I hope DD2 is the same way - I loved it! It was a great having a baby who stayed where you put her!

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
Old 07-05-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
DD2 shows no signs yet but I am not surprised. DD1 was able to roll from belly to back at 6 weeks old, but it only lasted for a week or two. She didn't roll again until sometime around 9-9.5 months, didn't crawl until 10.5 months and didn't walk until 14.5 months. I hope DD2 is the same way - I loved it! It was a great having a baby who stayed where you put her!
Yeah - DS1 was pretty slow with most things (sitting up at 10 months, crawling at 11, walking at 18)...and I LIKED that a lot!!! He was mentally ready at those stages as well - which helped. Which is kinda funny, cause he started out realy 'strong' and 'fast' too (everyone was sure I would have a handful with him!). And then - just completly stopped/slowed down with it all. I hope Hamish does the same - but its all really interesting how different they are! Its like a new little present I get to open every day! hehe

Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM

Cecilia started rolling from front to back around 8 weeks. Now, at 13 weeks tomorrow she can almost roll from back to front; she gets 3/4 of the way there and then flops back to her back. It's super cute.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

User Tag List