Is anyone back in their regular clothes yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For my first and second baby I lost all the baby weight with out thinking about it.
I am so disgusted with myself this time. I just really CANT stop eating.
I am the same weight I was the day after I had the baby 12 weeks ago!
Im older now (35), so my metabolism has probably gone through a change.

I am SO hungry and my life is revolving around food. Its like an addiction these days. Its like my little thrill in between taking care of 3 kids.
Im exercising 5 days a week and it makes me feel great, but then I just think ooooh- now what do I deserve to have on the days I worked out.
I constantly look for excuses of why I can have what ever I want to eat and its making me crazy.
Is anyone else having a hard time with this?
The thing that drives me the craziest is that I am a nutritional freak!
I know so much (too much) about what every food does to you and its all going out the window right now.
I have no clothes that fits and I went to the store today to get a few things.
What a disaster. I look 5 months pregnant.
Sorry to complain. I guess Im just looking for some others to commiserate with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 PM

I'm with you, only I've successfully dropped the weight after 4 previous births, and am stuck now.

I actually think it's the heat. I think nursing plus sweating means that we're all walking around dehydrated enough that we don't have the fluid volume to filter out byproducts of weight loss. And it's making us tired, so then we eat more.

I expect to see stuff get more back to normal come September and October.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#3 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 08:21 PM

Well, sort of. I never stopped wearing the same pants during pregnancy-- yoga pants-- I just wore them under my belly. I wear the same yoga pants now. I sometime still wear the tighter maternity shirts. Otherwise I had to buy new tank tops, because my old ones were too short and my maternity ones were too big.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#4 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM

I am not even close to being in my regular clothes, and this is my first baby. I had to buy all new pants and tops to go on vacation. I look at my PP clothes and can't believe I was ever that tiny.

New mom to Benjamin! 4.8.10.
#5 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Not even close, I have another 15lbs to lose still I would LOVE to get to the gym but with the husband working such long days and then he gets home right at Mollys fussy time its just not working out. I REALLY wanted to be back in my old clothes by the time I went home to England in Aug. but it doesnt look like that is going to happen

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#6 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 09:38 PM

i still have a good 20 lbs to go...

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#7 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I'm with you, only I've successfully dropped the weight after 4 previous births, and am stuck now.

I actually think it's the heat. I think nursing plus sweating means that we're all walking around dehydrated enough that we don't have the fluid volume to filter out byproducts of weight loss. And it's making us tired, so then we eat more.

I expect to see stuff get more back to normal come September and October.
I am starting to drink more water tomorrow! Maybe thats why Im eating so much. Good point- and I think you might be right. With more than 2 kids I dont have time to think straight about what I really NEED. I just pass the pantry as Im pacing with the baby in the carrier and think I should have handfuls of snacks as Im doing it just to stay fueled up.

God Bless YOU with 5!! Thats beautiful.
#8 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM

Theoretically I should be. I'm actually about 5-7 pounds under my PP weight (which was my highest weight ever until that point), but my hips are wider, so I can't.

Some of my shirts would fit, but my boobs are drastically different sizes now, so I can't wear regular t shirts.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#9 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 PM

Rhi- that is where I am too. I weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy but everything's all wonky now with my shape.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#10 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia's Mama View Post
Rhi- that is where I am too. I weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy but everything's all wonky now with my shape.
That's how I am also. I desperately want to keep some weight but I have a naturally fast metabolism and nursing really kicks it into high gear. It sucks because I feel (and look) like a starving person.

Ladies I wish I could borrow about 20 pounds from you all that don't want/need it. Send it straight to my ass and ribs please!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#11 of 13 Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
Theoretically I should be. I'm actually about 5-7 pounds under my PP weight (which was my highest weight ever until that point), but my hips are wider, so I can't.

Some of my shirts would fit, but my boobs are drastically different sizes now, so I can't wear regular t shirts.
Yup, I'm wearing prepregnancy clothes, but they are not flattering, and I kind of hate all of them right now.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#12 of 13 Old 07-20-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
That's how I am also. I desperately want to keep some weight but I have a naturally fast metabolism and nursing really kicks it into high gear. It sucks because I feel (and look) like a starving person.

Ladies I wish I could borrow about 20 pounds from you all that don't want/need it. Send it straight to my ass and ribs please!
Ugh, same. I was back in my clothes within the first week postpartum. Down below my pre-pregnancy weight now. Nursing 2 isn't helping. I'm hungry all the time - I have been eating almost twice the number of calories my health guru friend says I should be (about 2000/day, but I'm eating closer to 3500-4000) and still hovering below my pre-pregnancy weight.

My hips are wider, though. That's nice. It helps because none of my pants fit me through the hips before I had DD, and now they fit a little better.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#13 of 13 Old 07-20-2010, 12:46 PM

I would be - if it wasnt for the tummy!...The rest of me measures my pre preg size - cept for the tummy! I wouldn't want to rush that down though because otherwise ill end up with a lot of loose flappy skin! lmao...So it can take its time! But I don't reckon it will be long.

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page