April 2011 is up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've hit the end, mamas. April 2011 is up. I imagine we'll be getting our notice to vacate sometime soon.

P&H- if you're going to do a thread to get info for our master list, you might want to do it soon!!!

I you ladies. At least we already mostly only use the weekly thread anyhow, so it shouldn't be TOOO different out in the scary big world of Life With a Babe.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#2 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
We've hit the end, mamas. April 2011 is up. I imagine we'll be getting our notice to vacate sometime soon.

P&H- if you're going to do a thread to get info for our master list, you might want to do it soon!!!

I you ladies. At least we already mostly only use the weekly thread anyhow, so it shouldn't be TOOO different out in the scary big world of Life With a Babe.
Wowsers! I can't believe the April 11 board is up! Scary.

I've been on a few DDC and this one has seriously been the best.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#3 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Wow. A year ago I was still amazed that we were actually going to have a baby. Terrified that things wouldn't go well. And excited that I was going to get to stay home with my child. What a difference a year makes.

Love you guys!!

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#4 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 12:19 PM

thanks guys!!! i almost visited may today before i noticed we'd been moved *sigh*...

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#5 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 PM

I'm ready for the transition! I've been chilling in LWAB for a while now to get used to the idea.

I must say, though, that I am so happy that our DDC wants to keep talking well past our babies' births! I rely so much on the support of like minded Internet mamas, since there are so few like minded mamas I have found locally.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#6 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 12:45 PM

Ahhh! ...I just found out my friend is pregnant too!...She must be due sometime in April!...

I am SO Jealous!...Yes - I am crazy. I miss being pregnant, I want to be pregnant and I want another baby! (not now!...but the feeling is strong and there!)

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#7 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 01:57 PM

wow, I cant believe it's almost a year since I found out I was pregnant! time has gone SO fast!

Mummy to Samuel 02/08 and new baby Molly- 04/10
#8 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Bonus glitter on the Darwin birth stool if someone announces before we close shop! Ready, set... Go!

Also to all the April 2011 DDC lurkers. I know you are here, checking out what next year will be like, and it is good. I hope you have as supportive and lovely DDC as we've had.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#9 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

I better get in on that weekly thread! This cant be the end of our April baby talks.
#10 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM

Am I the only one here who's thinking, "dear god, I'm never going through THAT again!" in terms of pregnancy, birth, and the newborn age? I mean, I LOVE the girl, and I loved aspects of each of the above - but, phew! I never want to do it again!
(ask me again in 2 years, right? )
#11 of 21 Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
Am I the only one here who's thinking, "dear god, I'm never going through THAT again!" in terms of pregnancy, birth, and the newborn age? I mean, I LOVE the girl, and I loved aspects of each of the above - but, phew! I never want to do it again!
Well, the horrible stressful parts might dull in your mind after a few years when you are suddenly over come with baby fever. Or mother nature will kick you in the ass and you'll find yourself accidentally pregnant.

I really really can't wait to do it again, honestly. I think about it multiple times a day. But haste makes waste and I do not want to waste Ada's first few years in a haze so we're going to wait until she's at least one, maybe 2...

I'll be sad to lose our DDC. I'll try to keep up with the LWAB thread!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#12 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
That was me with DD. Deciding to do #2 was a huge leap. And, yeah, I still didn't love the newborn stage. But this time, I have an easier kid and I can recognize that it won't last forever. Every day I have DD as a reminder of how awesome it'll be.

So..... I've actually thought about doing it again, which is CRAZY!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#13 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Had you asked me after my first, I would have said NO MORE. Now we're on four and thinking about one more before we stop for good.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#14 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
After the pregnancy of continuous vomiting, and then the postpartum pit of anger and depression, I'll be hard pressed to do it again. It's not impossible, but.. yeah. I think if we do it I'm going to insist we have a savings account specifically for a weekly maid service. i know that sounds spoiled, but yeah. DH, Maid or you don't get another spawn.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#15 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 PM

Whoa! I can't believe I have a chunky little guy sleeping next to me and only recently I was worrying over not feeling any kicks.

You guys rock! Thanks for helping me get through this pregnancy.

We are actually somewhat open to #3, even though before this baby, I thought two was my absolute limit ha ha It really would be a disaster to have another one right now, but maybe in the future...maybe...NOT IT!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#16 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM

I have little doubt that we will continue to have kids probably every 18-36 months for the next 10 years.

For me, at this point, I'm not so much adding babies as adding older kids to the top of the order. And my oldest kids are helpful now. We have absolutely hit our stride, and know what we need to do pregnancy and parenting wise for new critters. I think everyone "pays for it" getting up to 4 kids, although it's generally easier each time. So, now that we've been sufficiently hazed, there isn't much of a reason for us to *stop* having kids. And we like them. We really like them.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#17 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I have little doubt that we will continue to have kids probably every 18-36 months for the next 10 years.

For me, at this point, I'm not so much adding babies as adding older kids to the top of the order. And my oldest kids are helpful now. We have absolutely hit our stride, and know what we need to do pregnancy and parenting wise for new critters. I think everyone "pays for it" getting up to 4 kids, although it's generally easier each time. So, now that we've been sufficiently hazed, there isn't much of a reason for us to *stop* having kids. And we like them. We really like them.
That's awesome. I'm jealous that you and your DH are on the same page. I'd love to be there too.

We're 100% having one more. Kinda sad I have such an amazing baby and had such an amazing DDC and birth. It's going to be hard to live up to all of this next time.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#18 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Nope, you're not the only one. This pg kicked my a$$. We are D-O-N-E done.

However, if we win mega millions and I can quit work, hire several nannies and sit on my derriere on a beach through the next pg, I might consider one more.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#19 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM

I'm pretty darn sure Kelsey was conceived exactly 1 year ago today

As for having one more, I've been surprised by my super strong desire to have another. All pregnancy I was complaining and saying how I never wanted to do this again and during labor the constant thought in my head was I'm never doing this again/Thank god I'm never doing this again. But now that Kelsey is here all I can think is how much I love her, how great it is, how easy it was to add a 2nd kid to the mix and how much I want another. I just can't believe that she'll be my last baby. In my head when I think of my kids I think "Morgan, Kelsey and .....", it is my automatic thought. I'm eyeing up Kelsey's room for bunk beds and I keep thinking how much easier it will be next time with my oldest being 7 or 8 to help out. Of course I have my moments - I've had many moments of frustration with the whole "starting from scratch" thing and I ask myself if I really want to do that again, but I think I do.
Unfortunately DH is not on the same page - when we got married we both agreed to two kids, after we had DD1 he was really against having another. We talked long and hard about it and it came down to my telling him I wasn't sure if our marriage would survive if we didn't have another kid so he agreed to DD2. Having him agree to a 3rd would be nothing short of a miracle. He knows how I feel so if he changes his mind..........I might start dropping hints when Kelsey hits 2 or so.

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#20 of 21 Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 PM

big time lurker here--but i hope to continue lurking (and hopefully posting more) on LWAB... i continue to have great friendships with some from my april 07 ddc and that really happened once we continued on in LWAB.

as for kiddos--- i would love one more, but i don't really like being pg, don't want to go through labor again and hate dealing with ppd. soooo... i don't know. but man, i love babies/kids.

i definitely COULD NOT IMAGINE having more for a loooong time after ds1. but now we have 3.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#21 of 21 Old 07-22-2010, 04:52 AM

I our DDC...the good thing is we can keep up with eachother on Fb too...I have a lot of you added!

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page