Weekly thread, Aug 8-15 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 125 Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
For those who are taking Sam-e, everything I find says it's not safe for breastfeeding, that isn't hasn't been tested. Have you found other info? Or are justifying it somehow?
Interesting. I have just been trusting my herbalist, who says it is safe, because it's an amino acid naturally present in the body (and has the science listed behind it, but I didn't really get all of that). However, I'm not taking it anymore, since I'm on Paxil... which is proven to be "safe" but makes me more nervous. You know?
I'm thinking it's not considered safe because it's an herbal medication here in the USA and has very little research or studies on it...
#122 of 125 Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I really enjoyed reading through the threads and catching up on everyone. We're doing well. I am *really* enjoying the peace and quiet of living out in the country, though I do feel a bit isolated sometimes. I'm visiting family this week, so I have internet access. Woohoo!

Baby Update: He is a fabulous baby. He's not a great day-time sleeper (1 hour at a time, tops-- I am right there with you, P&H!), but he sleeps really well during the night. He is happy with anyone, a very efficient nurser, and he adores DD. If she walks away, he cranes his neck and flails around to keep his eye on her. He "talks" a lot more than DD ever did, and his "talking" is a constant, high-pitched squawking/laughing. It's pretty funny.

Co-sleeping-- wow, do I love co-sleeping. Unfortunately, Dh is not a fan A couple weeks ago, we had one of the biggest arguments of our marriage over it (the argument was not *just* about co-sleeping, but about our differences in parenting generally. Dh dropped a few comments about "breastfeeding until he is a teenager." ) The "compromise" we reached is that DS will co-sleep in our bed until 6 months and then go to a twin mattress on the floor in DD's room... where I will probably will end up sleeping 95% of the time. I love Dh, and he has a lot of great qualities. I just wish we agreed more about baby-care.

Toys: We got a bouncy seat ("johnny jump up," but I refuse to use that name. We just call it, "the bouncer.") I was resistant, because I don't like "baby-tenders," but a friend is lending me one just to try. DS love it. He bounces and plays with his ring toys and squawks with delight. I cannot believe that he and DD (impossible to entertain with anything except undivided attention or breastfeeding) came from the same parents.

Wow, it's hot here. I'm in SC, and after it rained today, I felt like I was living in a steam bath! Bring on the autumn and adorable, long-sleeved baby clothes!

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
#123 of 125 Old 08-15-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaterPrimaePuellae View Post
Hi everyone!

I really enjoyed reading through the threads and catching up on everyone. We're doing well. I am *really* enjoying the peace and quiet of living out in the country, though I do feel a bit isolated sometimes. I'm visiting family this week, so I have internet access. Woohoo!

Baby Update: He is a fabulous baby. He's not a great day-time sleeper (1 hour at a time, tops-- I am right there with you, P&H!), but he sleeps really well during the night. He is happy with anyone, a very efficient nurser, and he adores DD. If she walks away, he cranes his neck and flails around to keep his eye on her. He "talks" a lot more than DD ever did, and his "talking" is a constant, high-pitched squawking/laughing. It's pretty funny.

Co-sleeping-- wow, do I love co-sleeping. Unfortunately, Dh is not a fan A couple weeks ago, we had one of the biggest arguments of our marriage over it (the argument was not *just* about co-sleeping, but about our differences in parenting generally. Dh dropped a few comments about "breastfeeding until he is a teenager." ) The "compromise" we reached is that DS will co-sleep in our bed until 6 months and then go to a twin mattress on the floor in DD's room... where I will probably will end up sleeping 95% of the time. I love Dh, and he has a lot of great qualities. I just wish we agreed more about baby-care.

Toys: We got a bouncy seat ("johnny jump up," but I refuse to use that name. We just call it, "the bouncer.") I was resistant, because I don't like "baby-tenders," but a friend is lending me one just to try. DS love it. He bounces and plays with his ring toys and squawks with delight. I cannot believe that he and DD (impossible to entertain with anything except undivided attention or breastfeeding) came from the same parents.

Wow, it's hot here. I'm in SC, and after it rained today, I felt like I was living in a steam bath! Bring on the autumn and adorable, long-sleeved baby clothes!
glad to have a update from you <3 i'm sorry about the difference in parenting must make things hard

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#124 of 125 Old 08-15-2010, 11:41 PM

MPP!!! Nice to see you around!

Cosleeping until 6 months sounds like a really good compromise. At least in my house, that's about how long we do it until. Past that point, I'm waking them up or they're waking me up without *needing* to be up, and we do sleep better separately. So, don't worry! It may not be as difficult a transition as you think.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#125 of 125 Old 08-16-2010, 01:34 AM

Hey MMP!! I"m so glad I checked this thread. I usually go right to the new one.

Sorry about the fight over parenting. Dh and I agree on most things but the things we disagreed on lead to some harsh arguments. I'm also sorry about the cosleeping. We cosleep for a lot longer than most people but it's something I really enjoy.

I'm not a big fan of baby toys and yet I have a jumperoo, a bouncy seat, and a exersaucer. R loves them all so much. I didn't buy any of them as I just hate sinking money into these kind of things when you don't know if a baby will like them. Two of mine hated them and now two have liked them. I don't feel too guilty because I mostly wear Rowena and I only use them if she seems bored on me or if I'm cooking. I always take her if she cries.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page