Virtual Farewell Party - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll miss you guys!

But let's celebrate our babies and our DDC!

:nana

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#2 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Bring on the margaritas, ladies! This has been a wonderful DDC, and I'm so glad to have known you all!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#3 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

I just realized that I shouldn't have said "I'll miss you guys" considering we'll just be in a different place.

More like... I'll miss this location!

#4 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 AM

So, what are y'all's favorite memories of this DDC?

I remember Ivy looking like a solar system with various children going around her in orbit.

And Birth Whispering.

And Sara and her Pit of Birthing.

And being so happy for Ericka when Jennings was born.

And the various methods of labor induction tried, including chasing lecherous ducks, sex on top of washing machines during the spin cycle.

And Claire's boys doing so well, against the odds.

And posting pics of blueberries because Ginger took TOO DANGED LONG to post pics of Rowena.

And Ann taking home the prize for largest birth weight with Hamish.

And P+H's typo about Charlie's birth weight, making us all think she somehow gave birth to a 14 lb baby.

And RiverBeauty's empowered c-section.

And Jen's tremendous dedication in working with Sprout's breastfeeding difficulties.

And Jess's strength facing the demons of PPD.

This has just been such a wonderful place!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#5 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Wondering if Ivy was having twins because her stomach was just so darn large.

The race for the gold birth stool was epic.

#6 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 12:14 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#7 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 12:17 PM

Something that stands out for me is having to say goodbye to cherrybomb here, but the joy in knowing she's on the way to having her own rainbow baby.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#8 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#9 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 12:43 PM

I remember waiting not-to-patiently for this DDC to open. I'm pretty sure I started the first thread here!

And, in the beginning and middle, feeling like I would NEVER know everyone and their names.

Carley's epic multi-post replies!

The honesty of everyone with regards to their PPD (former and current babies) and the encouragement to those who were showing signs.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#10 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 12:54 PM

I remember joining with a lot of doubts due to bad DCC experiences. And am so happy I did cause this was a wonderful experience

P + H's posts were always so thoughtful and included everyone. I never did figure out to do the multiquote thingy.

And of course the race for the birth stool that made last those couple of weeks pregnant bearable.

Mostly I just think this was such a wonderful wonderful group of women who supported each other instead of tear each other down. I am happy and proud to "know" you ladies. I feel like I've added another crowd to my online friend list.

I this DDC and will be popping over the LWAB.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#11 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yes, I love P&H's threads that respond to everyone!

GTG- I'm going to teach you something! Next to the button that says "quote" there is another button with quotation marks and a plus. If you go to each thread you want to quote and hit that button, it will turn orange. Then you just hit "post reply" and it will multi-quote!

I remember how hard it was to say goodbye to CherryBomb AND to NoraFlood, and now they're BOTH expecting rainbow babies!!!

I remember how much fun it was, while I was in labor, to have my friend reading me everyone's posts as you were all keeping up with my twitter feed!

#12 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM

i don't know about you ladies but i had a MAJOR freakout when the duggars baby was born (who was actually due in march) and then (gosh i can't quite pin down her name...it was the surrogate mom) loosing her baby and then claire haveing HER miracle babies just a few weeks later and then erica having J early as well! i thought this ddc was in for lots of early babies there for a while....

being able to work through gender issues and knowing half the people here had some form or another!

you guys made me go crazy sometimes with the epic posts! this always reminds me of dena (cause it always seemed like S was just one of those girls...hehe writing my 10 page report on why the circ is criminal uh yeah i always think of GTG with this one i always thought this looked like an alien i got in trouble when i was pg with dd for using the wrong belly emoticon...seriously it was one that was made specifically for a person who had been trying for a long long time and i didn't know so just picked a belly...yeah that was not a good start to THAT ddc
this always looked like a turtle....
#13 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM

aw, i didn't know how to use multi-quote til i just read rhi's post! thanks, rhi!

MAJORLY to all of you. sometimes i wish we all lived in a small country, so that we could actually have an IRL par-tay!

i'm SO impressed w/ all the emoticons! my fave is always :fingersex (yes, i just did that on purpose)

you guys are all awesome, but it would make my head explode to try to speak to individuals here. i've benefited so much from the wisdom and different perspectives and experiences of EACH of you.

i tell people about our DDC and they are like, oh, fake friends.
there's no way to adequately describe the benefits of such a group, especially ours, since it's made up of the honest, giving, open shining stars you all are. thank you.

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#14 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 02:23 PM

I don't know if y'all know how much it meant to me to be able to come here while Mercy was in NICU and to know that there were so many wonderful women pulling for us. It really helped propel me onwards, knowing that people had my back and were cheering us on.

And thank you so much to Dena, for understanding and being here as a resource for me on both the NICU and twin loss fronts.

:cry

And a toast in particular to the League of Ladies Who Will Still Be Pregnant in 2016. We seem to have not made it to 2016, but we had a great run!

#15 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 PM

and.....

OUR NEW THREAD IS UP!

i welcome suggestions/feedback/edits!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#16 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM

The race for the golden birth stool was memorable.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#17 of 70 Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 PM

Thanks Rhi. I'll be using that new skill in the new thread.

It's so funny but I too was thinking of you guys while I labored. I wanted to update but my computer was broke and kept flickering off and on so I couldn't tell you all what was going on! I wanted to so bad and the last thing I read before it died was Sara telling everyone "GTG is so OFF the island." and I wasn't...yet

I also remembering crying where I read about Noraflood and Cherrybomb. And I was praying so hard for Erica and Claire. Fake friends my a... I am a firmer believer in online friendships. After several babies some of my dearest friends are those I meet online. And this group is special. Not all DCC end up like this.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#18 of 70 Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Less than 24 hours left

#19 of 70 Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM

I will always remember how you mamas were my rock when I had no one else. I will remember the support, compassion, and friendships made. I was in a really bad place when I had gender issues and no one understood but you mamas and that gave me comfort, especially from MPP. You mamas are so far from fake, you're better than some of my IRL friends.
I will always remember how beautiful Ivy's stomach was. I was very jealous of that tummy Ivy.
I am so lucky to have been in such a great DDC. It was my first!

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#20 of 70 Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Farewell, April 2010 DDC!!! You are a wonderful, wonderful group of women, and I am lucky to have shared this experience with you all.

and

On to LWAB!!!

#21 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 AM

Love you guys.

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
#22 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 01:08 AM

This is the best DDC ever!!! I'm kicking myself for not starting in on the weekly threads until after my baby was born. All of these ladies are wonderful and I hope we still have a monthly thread going in the childhood years in 2016!!!!!!

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#23 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Still open. The end looms ever closer.

#24 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 AM

who will be the last to post? Granted, it is not a race for the golden birth stool, but still.....

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#25 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

maybe it will be me?

#26 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM

You, last? Maybe....... or maybe...... me?

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#27 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Dude, it's totally me. I may not have won the Golden Birthing Stool, but I can still win Last Mama Posting! MY ISLAND! MINE! NO ONE CAN TAKE IT AWAY!!!

*sits in corner, holding basal thermometer*

#28 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM

sorry i have to post and say that i love the sense of humor from you guys! totally paints a picture. i mean i am going to be SORELY dissapointed if mercy doesn't have a beastie haircut and fushia nails with a mom who's largest tattoo is the golden birthstool who mutters "mine, golden, mine, my precious" all the time. (eta: when i meet you guys i mean...didn't finish my thought!)
#29 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Post! Post! As fast as you can! You can't stop me, i'm the golden birth stool wo-man!

:d

#30 of 70 Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

:nana

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page