They can't stop our love: League of ladies who will still be posting 2016 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have decided this DDC closing down thing is a hoax. It is not real. It's as realistic as unicorns, babies who come before their due dates, and other mythical creatures.

So, anyways, what's for dinner y'all?

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Nothing so lovely as your tilapia. Leftover chicken paprika with egg noodles and peas.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#3 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM

i call CHEATER! making your own thread hoping no one will notice so that OFFICIALLY you are the last to post. ha! we will find you....*creeps off with a dinner pot*

Dinner...stir fry. I'm cheating and useing canned veggies cause its the only chinese veggies i have in the house and the chow mein its meant for has way to few beef pieces to make me happy...so i'm making the chicken for chicken chow mein and useing the canned beef for the beef chow mein...i have not yet decided whether to eat both tonight...
#4 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM

I believe the more interesting question to be: what's for dessert?

And whose idea was it to have a thunderstorm with close lighting strikes just as the kids are trying to get to sleep?

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#5 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

I think I will be having some ice cream. Some "light" ice cream that has brownie chunks and M&Ms in it yet is somehow considered "light."

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#6 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 PM

chicken with a tomato balsamic topping and some corn and blackbean salad, and hopefully some homemade beer.

do you think if we believe hard enough maybe we can make the admins forget about us again?

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#7 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

*cue Journey*

DOON'T STOP! BELIEEEVING! HOLD ON TO THAT SPIT UP COVERED FEELING!!!

#8 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 PM

We're having Asian chicken salad. I premade everything earlier today, because I should be at yoga right now, but class was canceled. Booooooooooooooooooooooo. I just have to throw it all together.

My butt hurts, because I finally learned to ride DH's bike, but his seat is a skinny mountain biking seat, and.. my butt is not. Maybe I'll go buy a fat-girl-bike-seat.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#9 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM

i wonder if admins work on weekends. maybe we're safe until monday?

#10 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 PM

We got distracted working in the yard and then talking to our neighbor who was babysitting his 5 month old granddaughter, and we ran out of time to grill, so we're having Annie's mac and cheese. Dinner fail.

Side note: The neighbor's 5 month old granddaughter...Ada looked like she could eat her. Why is Ada such a big chunk of baby?

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#11 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
We got distracted working in the yard and then talking to our neighbor who was babysitting his 5 month old granddaughter, and we ran out of time to grill, so we're having Annie's mac and cheese. Dinner fail.

Side note: The neighbor's 5 month old granddaughter...Ada looked like she could eat her. Why is Ada such a big chunk of baby?
Did you see my friend's pillsbury dough boy baby?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7671855_n.jpg

6 months old and 25 pounds. Was 20 pounds at her 4 month appt!

#12 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 PM

I love Ada's chunk! She's just rolls and rolls of adorable!

#13 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

My soon to be 8 year old was 28 lbs at 6 months. Not kidding.

#14 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
we're having mexican food i think...I was going to go to Olive Garden but my mom asked if we wanted to go to dinner with them

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
#15 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

I think I need that ice cream now. YAY ICE CREAM!

#16 of 19 Old 08-27-2010, 09:55 PM

I have cookies in the oven!

#17 of 19 Old 08-28-2010, 12:03 AM

dinner tonight was out - Irish Pub restaurant, really yummy but super slow service. As in, we're done eating, we've had no plates on our table for like 10 mins now, we've got two little kids, could we get our check now slow. Tomorrow is teriyaki chicken from the freezer, believe it or not I've still got freezer meals from when DD2 was born!! Using the last few up over the next couple of weeks.

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#18 of 19 Old 08-28-2010, 12:35 AM

Well, we are having our last weekend of summer vacation movie extravaganza tonight.

So dinner is Chinese meatballs, potstickers, rice, zucchini, and cupcakes for dessert.

The movie is early Miyazaki "Puss n' Boots" French fable meets Japanese anime. Its.... interesting.

Dang I'm gonna miss this place. I haven't posted much lately but I think about you a LOT, and find myself wishing I had time to post more. There are just some things that are inappropriate or TMI for Facebook. (esp. considering a couple of my clients are Facebook friends...)

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#19 of 19 Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hahahahahaha. Ha. Ha.

Over to LWAB with you!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page