How soon did you test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After reading about the negatives of early home pregnancy tests due to getting excited only to have a chemical pregnancy (sheesh!) I'm curious as to how soon all you other mamas out there tested with a home pregnancy test. I tested 2-3 days before I was supposed to start my period (yesterday).

When did you test? Before or after?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 03:10 AM

I have always tested after I actually miss my period, but have known lots who don't.

C wife to J, Mom to B, C and Jjumpers.gif Iblahblah.gif, and Pbabyf.gif

Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 AM

I tested early. I was going to wait but had a really good feeling it would be positive. at 11dpo it was positive, so I felt good about giving in to the urge. lol.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 AM

I've only tested this time. I've always waited til after my period and well, that never happened. This time with IVF myperiod would nt have arrived anyway because of the progesterone suppliments but I waited til after the 2 weeks.

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 AM

I am insane when it comes to testing and waiting, and have ZERO patience. I tested everyday after I O'd, and started seeing + (though faint) around 9-10 dpo (not sure which yet).

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 09-06-2009, 11:06 AM

I tested positive 5 days before my period was due but I also ovulated 3 days earlier than usual (surprised me! )

I read that the time between ovulation and menstruation doesnt change so add 3 days and its more like I tested positive 2 days before AF was due..

Katie
Jillian (5) Ella (2) New Baby 5-16 :
Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM

I tested 4 days after my period was late and the line was so dark it was like it was screaming at me YOURE PREGNANT!!! lol

Momma Morgan to Addison (3), Sydnee (1), Kimber 4/18/2010,and one angel 7-2009
Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganstar83 View Post
I tested 4 days after my period was late and the line was so dark it was like it was screaming at me YOURE PREGNANT!!! lol
Ha! I was seven days past my period's normal arrival and definitely had this experience too. In fact, the line showed up so quickly and so dark I was convinced that it was a mistake and sort of laughed it off. DH was in the shower and he was not as convinced as I was that it was a fluke. He was right :::

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 PM

With my DD I tested a few days after my period because I was not expecting to get pregnant, but I had never missed a period before in my life. The line was really dark as soon as the pee hit the stick!

With my second pregnancy I thought my cycle was just a long one and didn't test until around day 40. I took a digital and screamed when it just popped up PREGNANT after a short wait.

With this pregnancy I was anxious because we had been TTC for 7 months, so I became a pee on a stick addict. I peed on them constantly. At 9 or 10 dpo I got a faint pos line on a FRER. It did make me more nervous though, because I found out at 3 weeks...I kept waiting on pins and needles to miss my period. It's also making the first trimester go by so much slower having found out so early.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM

I am also an impatient tester. I tested 9 dpo and got a very faint positive. I tested a few more times before my period was expected and ended up with a few more faint positives. I finally got a nice dark line 1 day after my period would have been due. I wish I had a little more patience because the faint positives drove me nuts!

Wife to my beautiful Sky and SAHM to my three beautiful kids (12/01) , (3/07), and (5/10). We : : and. Peace to all of you wonderful mamas!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:40 PM

Since I was watching my temps and CF this time and using the assistance of prog. cream I feltalittle moe positive this time. I ovulated 24th-25th but didnt feel implantation till last Wednesday the 2nd so 10 days past ov. I tested that day ad the net getting a negative both days. Got a very faint pos on Friday and the lines have gotten darker every day since. so my first positive was 12 days past ov. but only 2 days after implantation. I have to say that I am a slow baby grower for the first 12 weeks then I cook my babes pretty big and fast. Mine are usualy close to 10 pounds, never a tare though.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 PM

oh and missed period would be tomorrow

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010

User Tag List