Dr Appointments - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 227 Old 10-14-2009, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We had a great appointment today with our midwife. I think it was a little brief because the power was out when we got there. Crazy, I know. But, we got the important stuff done. The midwife started by answering some of our questions and then going over my labs from last time (everything was good ). Then we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time via doppler. I was a little worried because it took her a little while to find it. Finally she did find it and it was truly amazing to here. She thought it was about 140, but wasn't sure. Evidently we have an active little bean on our hands who kept moving around. It made it difficult to keep a constant heartbeat going. She said that this was an excellent sign... the activity I wonder if that is a foreshadowing to what the bean will be like after birth.

We also have an u/s on Monday with our first trimester screening, and now I'm looking forward to actually seeing the bean on screen. I think my DH and I are still in shock about everything. This heartbeat made it real & now it's like, OK this is real!! It's a really exciting time for us.

Hope everyone else's appointments go well.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#212 of 227 Old 10-16-2009, 11:40 AM

My appt went well. I got to hear the heart beat, which was a surprise. It was so amazing. I'm only 9 weeks so I was shocked when the nurse said lay back and lets find that heartbeat. I thought it was too early so I didn't take my husband along and now wish I would have. This was my last appt with my ob. I am now switching to a midwife (extremely excited abou this!!) So my next appt will be on Nov. 2nd.

Amanda-happily married to DH fjammin.gif , mama to DSsuperhero.gif (5/19/10) and expecting #2 May 2012joy.gif

#213 of 227 Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 AM

My appt. yesterday went great! Baby is awesome.

Next appointment is 11/13 .

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#214 of 227 Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 PM

I had a great appointment yesterday too! I love my midwife! She said my uterus feels perfect for 10 weeks, which was great. She wasn't able to find a HB w/ the doppler, and offered to pull in the US machine. I decided against it, but it was nice that she offered.

I did a 1 hour GTT yesterday too- my dd was 10 1/2 pounds- and passed just fine. So yay! My next appointment is 11/19.

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#215 of 227 Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM

My first MW appt is on 11/16. I'll be 12 weeks along then.

Noelia- mama to 4
#216 of 227 Old 10-19-2009, 05:44 AM

I booked my u/s, October 29th. Now I'm nervous..
#217 of 227 Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 AM

Just an update... we have a first tri screening tomorrow morning, blood test and U/s. Hoping for good news!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#218 of 227 Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM

My appt got moved to Nov 3rd instead of tomorrow.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#219 of 227 Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM

I just got my postcard from my cattle hearding OB practice letting me know that my pap and blood work came back perfectly normal.

Whohoo!!
#220 of 227 Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 PM

Had my first tri. screening today (blood work and u/s). Test results won't be back for a few days but everything looked good and I got a first peek at this baby! Cute and very mellow, not at all like DD!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#221 of 227 Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM

so I have my next appointment on monday. According to my dr I should be 11 weeks 1 day, although I think Im a week ahead of that. anyway, im a bit nervous. I mean so far everything has been smooth sailing... maybe a little too smooth because I still dont have real m/s but maybe thats just ok. Im worried something might have happened since my last appointment. my mom is going to come with me and see the lil bean for the first time on monday. I am hoping it is a good visit.

BFPChart2.gif

#222 of 227 Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 AM

I have my first official prenatal appointment with my midwife on Nov 12th. I'm excited to hear the HB! I had an early ultrasound at 7W3D to confirm my due date as I was not charting, got pregnant very early in my cycle, and wanted a clear due date as I am having a HBAC.
#223 of 227 Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 PM

I have first appointment with my midwife today! I'm so excited I'm almost nervous!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#224 of 227 Old 10-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Just a quick update. The NT screening went really well. The midwife called with the results the next day & everything came back negative! It was amazing to see the lil' bean on the u/s. It was a little sleepy at first, but we got it moving and I was just so emotional to see my baby. I can see why people look forward to the u/s each month. But, this we will have to wait for awhile before seeing him/her again. We're still deciding on the 20-week. If we don't do it, then we won't see the bean until he/she is born.

We also found out that I have a tipped uterus. It made it a little difficult to get a great shot (especially in 3-D), and I guess it's why I'm not really showing yet. I've been told that the weight of the baby will eventually tip it back in the right position & then my belly will pop out. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to that.

Our next appointment is on Nov. 10. It's just a check-up with the midwife, but at least we'll get to hear the heart beat again. Until then, I'm patiently waiting for my energy to come back & to feel the little bean move. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#225 of 227 Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 AM

We had an awesome appointment yesterday! My midwife tried to find the heartbeat on but we only heard about three beats because the silly one was moving around so much. All you could hear were the sounds of all the moving around the baby was doing and she just started laughing and said "Wow! We've got a really active one here!"

Next appointment is Nov.21st!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#226 of 227 Old 10-25-2009, 03:53 PM

I had my first appointment with my midwife today, and it all went fantastically. I have been booked in for a homebirth with no issues at all, which I am so thrilled about as I thought I was going to have to put up a fight to get it!

I had my blood tests done, and let them know I did not want screening done for down's syndrome, which they were very respectful of.

I have my scan on 10th Nov when I will be just over 12 weeks, and will then be seen by the midwives every 4 weeks, which I am surprised about as I didn't realise that I would be seen so frequently, the midwives will even come and see me at home from 34 weeks (when I will be seen every 2 weeks!).

They found protein in my urine, but said that it was because I was very dehydrated, (I really appreciated that they didn't immediately jump to any conclusions).

WAHM, Married to my best friend, Proud Mama to our sweet baby boy 29.5.10, Addicted to and loving
#227 of 227 Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 AM

off to the doctor this morning.
Hoping to hear a heartbeat and get some good news

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page