anyone feeling MORE nausea in the 2nd trimester? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So far I have had no m/s. I do however feel nauseous on an empty tummy so I make sure to snack all day long. Since Ive entered the second trimester I feel even more sick. I am gagging a lot more. Different things make me gag like changing DS poopy diapers. Or seeing dog poop or smelling poop. Not only that but everyday like clock work I start feeling ill at 1:00pm up until bed time. Its awful. I even feel feverish although ever time I take my temp I dont have anything higher than 98 degrees. I generally feel like crap now...

BFPChart2.gif

#2 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 PM

i wouldn't say more nauseated, but i thought i was getting better at 10-11w only to have a serious relapse that has continued til now, and i'm in my 14th week. i definitely have days now that are worse than some of my first tri days although i'm trying to convince myself it's overall better over the course of a week...i don't know. it's really dragging for me.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#3 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Yes, I've been feeling a teensy bit worse. I don't know if it's because I ACTUALLY feel worse or because I was starting to hope/expect to feel better.
#4 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM

I don't feel more sick, but I'm definitely still sick. At lunch today i took a bit of something, almost threw up on the table, ran to the rest room and threw everything down to breakfast and then some.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#5 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Yes! I am 13 weeks as of Sunday and all of a sudden I have been extremely nauseous and vomiting every evening. I was only a little queasy the first three months! Damn!
#6 of 15 Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 PM

I just have to eat the moment I feel hungry. Wait even a few minutes later and blech

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#7 of 15 Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 AM

The gagging is about the same (wish that would be going away too) but I'm feeling much more of the general *ick* since I hit 13 week.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#8 of 15 Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogoomomma View Post
I just have to eat the moment I feel hungry. Wait even a few minutes later and blech
This is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing! Does this go away, or is this what we're dealing with for the next 6 months??
#9 of 15 Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At least I'm not the only one. Today is the first day that I threw up and I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow. I thought that I was pretty much in the all-clear but I guess not yet.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 4 wonderful kiddos . . . and now another on the way.
#10 of 15 Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 AM

Count me in. I felt nauseated during the first trimester, for sure, but never actually threw up. Around 12 weeks, I felt that surge in energy and generally no nausea. Then today -- at 13w5d -- I had a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast and... well, it was a bad scene. Tonight I'm feeling the same, so am just sipping some fizzy water. What's the deal with second trimester nausea being worse than first trimester, anyone know? Just one of those things or is there some sort sensible explanation?
#11 of 15 Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 PM

my m/w says she doesn't see any reason why it would get worse in the 2nd tri, but that she does notice that it's much more common for women to only start feeling better around 15w or 16w than people think. here's hoping! last time i felt better around 16w and i'm 15w tomorrow.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#12 of 15 Old 11-08-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
she does notice that it's much more common for women to only start feeling better around 15w or 16w than people think
Such a relief to hear a profession say that...Mine has never gone away sooner than that and it is always so discouraging to be hoping that it will be gone at 12...then it doesn't...then hoping for a relief at 14...nope...ACKKKK!!!

Now I'll start looking forward to week 16 ;-)

Emily, w/Dh Todd, Izabelle (9), Annika (6), Oliver (3), Hickory (expected May 2010, Lost in February 2010 at 28 weeks pregnant), and expecting Magnolia, February 2011.
#13 of 15 Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

so today at 14 weeks 2 days I had my first REAL occurrence of morning sickness. what the heck is that? I did not throw up once in the first trimester due to m/s and the nausea I had was so slight it hardly fell in the m/s category. Today I threw up this morning. um whats going on? could m/s be kicking in in the 2nd trimester for me?

BFPChart2.gif

#14 of 15 Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis_plus_three View Post
Then today -- at 13w5d -- I had a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast and... well, it was a bad scene.
Before I got pregnant with my first I had a bagel with cream cheese every day for lunch. During that pregnancy, I developed an aversion to bagels unless they were toasted. To this day, I can't eat bagels that aren't toasted.

I threw up for my second time today and I'm almost 14 weeks. Tomorrow I'm not making breakfast for my family. (I don't usually make breakfast for them but had thought that I'd like to start, today was my first day - I'm going to put it off for a bit though.)

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 4 wonderful kiddos . . . and now another on the way.
#15 of 15 Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 AM

It finally dawned on me that I am getting nauseous/vomiting consistently one half hour after I take my prenatals. I always take them with food, but nonetheless, I skipped them today and felt great. I guess it's time to try a different brand...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page