Can I guess your baby's gender? - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violetmama View Post
Good job mama - I AM having a boy - we just found out yesterday!!
WHOOT!!! Congrats!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
 
lisko15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Never~never~land
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Going with BOY
You were RIGHT! U/s confirmed a baby with obvious little boy parts yesterday!

Thanks for letting me play!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

lisko15 is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
You were RIGHT! U/s confirmed a baby with obvious little boy parts yesterday!

Thanks for letting me play!
YAY!! Congrats mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:50 AM
 
mrsgrasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay. i already know mine, but didn't start showing until after the ultrasound, so i couldn't really play.

i am gaining just in the belly.
my face hasn't gotten any rounder.
the heartbeat is in the 140's.

so what do you think?
mrsgrasty is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgrasty View Post
okay. i already know mine, but didn't start showing until after the ultrasound, so i couldn't really play.

i am gaining just in the belly.
my face hasn't gotten any rounder.
the heartbeat is in the 140's.

so what do you think?
Ah this one is difficult, it's best for me to guess around 13 weeks based on these things, but I'll take a guess anyway. BOY

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 AM
 
mrsgrasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you got it! we are most definitely having a BOY. good job!
mrsgrasty is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgrasty View Post
you got it! we are most definitely having a BOY. good job!
SWEET!! Congrats!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
 
tippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: AL
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, tenk, looks like i'm going to further ruin your stats. doc confirmed that we're having a boy today!
tippy is offline  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy View Post
well, tenk, looks like i'm going to further ruin your stats. doc confirmed that we're having a boy today!
congrats anyway mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 02:37 AM
 
mataji4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Tenk! If you aren't sick of this yet, I'd like you to guess!

14 week appt today, baby's heartrate was a solid 150.

I have not gained weight in my face or anywhere except for my belly, and that not much.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

mataji4 is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;15002591
Hi Tenk! If you aren't sick of this yet, I'd like you to guess!

14 week appt today, baby's heartrate was a solid 150.

I have not gained weight in my face or anywhere except for my belly, and that not much.
I'm going to go with BOY, and no worries, I never get sick of this mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just bumping for anyone that wants to update

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 AM
 
cera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tenk you were right. I just had a boy this week.
cera is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cera View Post
Tenk you were right. I just had a boy this week.
Well Congratulations mama!! Thanks for letting me know!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
 
MammaB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 1,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not in your DDC, I'm in Aug. I hope it's okay that I ask you to guess

I'm about 16 weeks pregnant.
I haven't gained in my face that I can tell.
I seem to be gaining mostly in my stomach. It is odd though, because I am showing (way sooner than last time with DD) but haven't actually gained more than a lbs or 2 on the scale. Also, my jeans don't fit anymore, and with DD they fit through most of my pregnancy. I can only guess that my hips are separating faster this time around.
We saw the heartbeat on u/s early and it was 170. Just heard it again at our 15 week app on doppler and it was in the low 140's.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

MammaB21 is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 PM
 
BabyFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry Tenk - we found out he's a boy a couple of weeks ago! :-)

Sara, wife to Nathan, mommy to Mabel 6/25/07 and Malcolm 5/13/10
 

BabyFinch is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
I'm not in your DDC, I'm in Aug. I hope it's okay that I ask you to guess

I'm about 16 weeks pregnant.
I haven't gained in my face that I can tell.
I seem to be gaining mostly in my stomach. It is odd though, because I am showing (way sooner than last time with DD) but haven't actually gained more than a lbs or 2 on the scale. Also, my jeans don't fit anymore, and with DD they fit through most of my pregnancy. I can only guess that my hips are separating faster this time around.
We saw the heartbeat on u/s early and it was 170. Just heard it again at our 15 week app on doppler and it was in the low 140's.
I'll guess BOY then!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 05-01-2010, 10:35 PM
 
khaoskat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bump

This way we can see how right Tenk has been with the births that we have had so far...
khaoskat is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 AM
 
smlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fun! I'm really curious to find out what kind of little munchkin I have this time because based on my own intuitions (which I think I'm getting better tuned into) I'm convinced that I know the sex!

So, my face has gotten rounder and I've gained weight all over. My arms, legs, everything is bigger. However, many people tell me that my belly is really sticking out-as if I'm all belly (but how could I be, I've gained at least 50 lbs-just like my first pregnancy).

Heart rate has been around 130s and 140s. Most recently 128.

Thanks Tenk!

Sarah, SAHM to dd C (8-9-07) and C (5-27-10), happily married to DH for 10 years

smlame is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlame View Post
Fun! I'm really curious to find out what kind of little munchkin I have this time because based on my own intuitions (which I think I'm getting better tuned into) I'm convinced that I know the sex!

So, my face has gotten rounder and I've gained weight all over. My arms, legs, everything is bigger. However, many people tell me that my belly is really sticking out-as if I'm all belly (but how could I be, I've gained at least 50 lbs-just like my first pregnancy).

Heart rate has been around 130s and 140s. Most recently 128.

Thanks Tenk!
Oh Sarah, it's better for me to guess around 13-14 weeks not this far along, but I'll try....BOY for you

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
 
HankyPanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I sneak in?

From the start:

1. Face is not any rounder

2. Pretty much all belly from the start (the last few weeks I've started gaining a little bit in my butt and thighs). Showed very early and my belly is sticking very far out now, in comparison to my last pregnancy.

3. HR at 12 weeks was in the 150s. At 16 weeks it was in the 140s and from then on has ranged from the 140s-160s, depending on if baby is awake and active or asleep and lazy.

2.2006 * DS 12.24.2006 * Newbie due 5.19.2010 * planning our first
HankyPanky is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
 
smlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Tenk! That is my feeling too. When we picked his name and wrote it all down (first, middle, last) I had that goose bump feeling, like THIS IS IT! I immediately wanted to call everyone and tell them our name but we like to keep it to ourselves til its official. We don't have a girl name and my hubby keeps bugging me to think of one but I just don't feel like we need to! We'll see! Hoping all is well with you and Lilah!

Sarah, SAHM to dd C (8-9-07) and C (5-27-10), happily married to DH for 10 years

smlame is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyPanky View Post
Can I sneak in?

From the start:

1. Face is not any rounder

2. Pretty much all belly from the start (the last few weeks I've started gaining a little bit in my butt and thighs). Showed very early and my belly is sticking very far out now, in comparison to my last pregnancy.

3. HR at 12 weeks was in the 150s. At 16 weeks it was in the 140s and from then on has ranged from the 140s-160s, depending on if baby is awake and active or asleep and lazy.
I'll guess GIRL then

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Tenk is offline  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
 
HankyPanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That seems to be the consensus for all my IRL people. Thanks for taking the time to guess, tenk! We'll find out in 2.5 weeks!

2.2006 * DS 12.24.2006 * Newbie due 5.19.2010 * planning our first
HankyPanky is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off