preggymeaggy - Another Mama of the Week (December 7-December 11) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
preggymeaggy - Another Mama of the Week (December 7-December 11)

Hey it's your turn!

A few from me:

Real name?

Age?

Where are you from, where do you live now?

Due date?

How long were you ttc?

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out?

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more?

Occupation?

Hobbies and other activities?

Only answer those you are comfortable with

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 AM

Yeah! I love these!

Real name? Meaghen...my friends call me Meag.

Age? 30

Where are you from, where do you live now? I grew up in upstate NY, near Ithaca and the finger lakes. I actually grew up on a small farm, and yearn to live closer to my family. Right now, we live in Rockland, MA...which is about a half hour south of Boston.

Due date? Around May 19th

How long were you ttc? Well, this is a funny question for me, because we experienced a second trimester miscarriage in May of 2009. We decided to let ourselves heal a bit and try to become ready to try again. We went away for a family vacation in August, had a beautiful moment on the beach under the moon, and got pregnant again! So, we weren't specifically "trying", but definitely wanted to be pregnant again!! It all happens when it wants to happen, I guess.

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out? Honestly, I just want a healthy little baby. We have so much boy stuff passed down from my sister, and we have tons of girl stuff because we already have a girl. This will hopefully not be our last pregnancy, so I am happy either way! We will probably find out at the ultrasound a few weeks from now. I would be happy keeping it a surprise, but DH doesn't have any patience for that. We leave it up to fate. If the baby wants to show us, then we'll know. If not, that's okay.

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more?
Steve is my husband of 4 and a half years, although we've been together for almost 10. Llewellyn will be three in February. I stay home with her and we love every minute of it. We have one cat, one new kitty, and one bunny. Fish are coming for Llewellyn's birthday!

Hobbies and other activities? I love knitting, singing, learning languages, traveling, reading about my latest interest, yoga, watching movies, baking pies, eating and more eating. I don't know if you could call it a hobby, but we are currently obsessed with fixing up our 200 year old house. I also love doing artwork, but I am ashamed to even put it down as a hobby as I haven't really done any art in almost 5 years!

*Meag* SAHM to two girls 6 & 3 and our new little boy!! namaste.gif
#3 of 12 Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Nice. I travelled to the finger lakes area once for a Timbersport competition. Beautiful area.

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!

#4 of 12 Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What is the most important thing you've learned since becoming a mom?

What are your hopes for your birth?

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 AM

What is the most important thing you've learned since becoming a mom?

This is such a good question. I've learned so much since becoming a mom...it's hard to pick the most "important" thing. I think becoming a mom makes you realize so many things about yourself and who you really want to be in life. But maybe the most important thing I've learned is that change is an everyday part of life...inevitable and wonderful. We all just have to let go of certain things and roll with what life brings everyday!

What are your hopes for your birth? My hopes are for a beautiful healthy baby...but beyond that...nurses that support natural birth...not having an IV for anything, so that mobility is totally free...hoping that I am able to roll with any surprises that are dealt. I am really excited for birth this time...now that I've been through it before.

#6 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM

What is your favorite meal?

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#7 of 12 Old 12-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Where are some of your favorite places you've travelled to?

Mama to L 5.12.10 ...Expecting another 1/1/12!

#8 of 12 Old 12-09-2009, 02:21 AM

What is your favorite meal? This is super hard because I just love food so much and it's impossible to pick a favorite. I love anything Indian. Going out for Indian food makes me really happy. I also really love soup...of any kind. Probably one of my favorite meals is just a really good soup, with a crusty fresh bread and butter. Yummmm!

Where are some of your favorite places you've travelled to? I have such fond memories of almost everywhere I've traveled. One place where I would actually consider living and definitely want to return to is Sweden. Beautiful land, beautiful people...I just want to be Swedish! I also loved southern France, Denmark, Ecuador, Germany, and Italy. Not sure I'd want to "settle" in any of those countries though.

There are so many other places I'd love to go and visit!

#9 of 12 Old 12-09-2009, 02:01 PM

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere in the country you live in?

If you could live anywhere with nothing to get in your way, ie cost, where would it be?

How do you think having this baby will change you?

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#10 of 12 Old 12-10-2009, 02:41 AM

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere in the country you live in? I traveled a lot when I was younger. I am now really enjoying just being at home. BUT, having said that, I would LOVE to go to Alaska! I did most of my traveling out of country, so I have seen very little of the US. I really need to go out West...see the redwood forests, the sequoa trees, the grand canyon...and Montana. I don't know why, but I have to see Montana.

If you could live anywhere with nothing to get in your way, ie cost, where would it be? Such a hard question because of all the possibilities. I sat here thinking about it, and ya know, where I want to be more than anywhere else is upstate NY where my family is, where I grew up. I want us to have our own farm and live closer to my parents. It's tempting to say Sweden, but I guess here is where I am most comfortable settling down.

How do you think having this baby will change you?
I am totally clueless. I had a feeling of how the first baby would change me/us. But adding a second to the mix is a whole different story. I expect some chaos in the beginning, but much love to follow. I'm sure I will learn to be less controlling over certain things.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? In ten years I will be 40. I hope to see myself happy and healthy with my man and many healthy beautiful children. I hope to be living on our own semi-self-sustained farm, closer to the ones who I love the most. I hope my parents are both still alive and active. I also hope to be starting off my career as a CNM, with years of experience as a doula under my belt. Oh yes..and I want to be an awesome knitter!!

#11 of 12 Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM

What was your day like today?

How did you and dp meet?

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#12 of 12 Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM

What was your day like today? My day started off really nice. Me and Llewellyn slept in, had breakfast, stayed in our pajamas...nice. Then, I talked with my mom and sister while DD played..that was good...getting my Christmas lists finalized. Then, I got a very frustrating phone call (from my lawyer). Long story...but I am basically dealing with a very stressful totally unfair situation with some ex-tenants, and by the end of the phone call I felt like crying. Then, as I came into the livingroom, I realized that DD (who had been going diaper free this morning) had just peed all over our over-sized stuffed chair! Great! I couldn't help it, I just burst into tears! My poor DD thought I was crying because she peed. I finally pulled myself together, cleaned up the pee, and now me and DD are having some snuggle time. Lunch soon...perogies and asparagus and fresh fruit...then nap for DD and some alone time for me. I think I really need it today. I have been running around like crazy doing all this Christmas stuff, and I decided to stay home, do laundry, and clean today. Everything is just hitting me...bad day for this question, I guess. Hoping that the rest of today is happier and more productive.

How did you and dp meet? This is actually kind of funny, looking back on it. Steve and I met in a bar, called PJ Kilroy's. A local cheap bar with a pool table and a good juke box...your typical dive. He was there with a group of his friends, and me with a few of mine. I was shamelessly drunk, and honestly don't even really remember Steve from that particular night! I started dating one of his good friends who pursued me, and got to know this whole group of incredible people over the course of a few weeks. All at once, it hit me that I wasn't really interested in this other guy, and that I needed some space to think. Steve and I had become friends/acquaintances by then, and we started hanging out more on our own. It didn't take me very long to realize that it was Steve that I really wanted...I was in love with him...and still am to this day. We have seldom been apart since that time...I moved in with him only after about a month of dating. We got married 4 years later. That was almost 10 years ago.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page