FibreLover - Another Mama of the Week (January 11-January 15) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FibreLover - Another Mama of the Week (January 11-January 15)

Hey it's your turn!

A few from me:

Real name?

Age?

Where are you from, where do you live now?

Due date?

How long were you ttc?

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out?

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more?

Occupation?

Hobbies and other activities?

Only answer those you are comfortable with

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Favorite color?

Favorite ice cream?

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#3 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Real name? Sarah Michelle

Age? 34

Where are you from, where do you live now? Grew up in CA, now living in the Four Corners area, right on the NM/CO border.

Due date? Going with 5/10

How long were you ttc? Well, got first PP af back after DD in May, but my LPs were too short til August, then BFP basically the first month I think it was technically possible.

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out? Didn't have one, but GIRL!

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more? Husband, daughter who is 17 months. Pets: 5 cats, 2 dogs, 7 sheep, a ton of chickens.

Occupation? Archaeologist

Hobbies and other activities? Microfarming, spinning/knitting/weaving/dyeing (fiber arts), telemark skiing (when I can), hiking, camping, cooking.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#4 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Favorite color?

Favorite ice cream?
Color, hmmm. I think purple today .

Ice cream, right now some pecan praline sounds divine. But some days its rocky road, other days anything with berries.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#5 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM

what's the last thing you knit?

what are you currently reading?

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#6 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emnic77 View Post
what's the last thing you knit?

what are you currently reading?
I just finished a small vest and matching soaker-wrap for the baby . I worked on a pair of socks for myself last night.

Reading, oooh, hhmm. Birthing from Within and the New York Times.

#7 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
I just finished a small vest and matching soaker-wrap for the baby . I worked on a pair of socks for myself last night.

Reading, oooh, hhmm. Birthing from Within and the New York Times.
toe up or toe down? I haven't yet been able to get the hang of toe up.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#8 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Top down . I have done toe up, but still need to take instructions with me for those. Top down, I can knit basic socks for me or my husband without any kind of instructions, a few different heels, a few different toes, so if I'm on the fly I usually do those. These ones I mostly knit working on a monitoring job in the field in November, hee.

#9 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM

how did you and dh meet?

how has this pregnancy differed (if at all) from babybel's?

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#10 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM

speaking of in the field, tell me more about what you do. Archeology is completely fascinating to me.

#11 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn_warbler View Post
how did you and dh meet?

how has this pregnancy differed (if at all) from babybel's?
I met dh on a dig in Israel on a Tel. . We were friends, then kind of hooked up. Then, he was going to work in Egypt for a month, I was going to travel around Greece for a month. I was flying out of Italy though, planning a week in Italy by myself. I told him if he wanted to, he could meet me on X day in X town, I'd be coming off of a boat from Greece. Well, long story short, I got off the boat, he was there. We traveled around for a week or two, then went back to the US. Madly in love at this point. Dated long distance for a year then got jobs together in upstate NY, got engaged. Kept working the same jobs for a long time together, moving all over. Been together since 1998 now .

For me, the main difference in this pregnancy compared to Babybel's is the level of acceptance I have that things are how they are. I went into her pregnancy after 3 losses, no babies. Now, I have her, regardless of what happens with this baby (though I would be devastated), I think in the end, I'd be OK. I'm overall not as scared, as worried. More relaxed. Oh, and its going 80,000 times faster!

#12 of 15 Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
I met dh on a dig in Israel on a Tel. . We were friends, then kind of hooked up. Then, he was going to work in Egypt for a month, I was going to travel around Greece for a month. I was flying out of Italy though, planning a week in Italy by myself. I told him if he wanted to, he could meet me on X day in X town, I'd be coming off of a boat from Greece. Well, long story short, I got off the boat, he was there. We traveled around for a week or two, then went back to the US. Madly in love at this point. Dated long distance for a year then got jobs together in upstate NY, got engaged. Kept working the same jobs for a long time together, moving all over. Been together since 1998 now .

For me, the main difference in this pregnancy compared to Babybel's is the level of acceptance I have that things are how they are. I went into her pregnancy after 3 losses, no babies. Now, I have her, regardless of what happens with this baby (though I would be devastated), I think in the end, I'd be OK. I'm overall not as scared, as worried. More relaxed. Oh, and its going 80,000 times faster!
BEST STORY EVER! That was really so sweet! Thanks for telling us! You got off the boat and he was there. I love it.

I also love hearing your thoughts on how this pregnancy is different. It's wonderful to watch you progress!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#13 of 15 Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Early bird or night owl?

Have you ever done anything so outlandish even you couldn't believe it? And you must tell if answer is yes!

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#14 of 15 Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emnic77 View Post
speaking of in the field, tell me more about what you do. Archeology is completely fascinating to me.
Hmmm. Day to day I work either in the office writing up reports/analyzing artifacts or I go to the field where I survey areas for sites/archaeology, monitor construction to make sure they don't dig anything up, or I excavate something because its in an area slated for construction.

Anything specific?

#15 of 15 Old 01-13-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecaut View Post
Early bird or night owl?

Have you ever done anything so outlandish even you couldn't believe it? And you must tell if answer is yes!
I used to be a night owl, no question. Now though, I find myself getting up early, even on weekends and liking it. Also, wanting to go to bed earlier. I think the baby changed me!

Hmmm, I pretty much believe everything I've done...I'd say the craziest things I've done involve booking flights/travel the day before then just leaving. Like a 2 week trip to Tunisia the day before kind of thing. Of course, its been a while since we've done anything like that (now that we have the farm).

I took a ski run topless once.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page