thefreckledmama - Another Mama of the Week (January 25-January 29) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thefreckledmama - Another Mama of the Week (January 25-January 29)

Hey it's your turn!

A few from me:

Real name?

Age?

Where are you from, where do you live now?

Due date?

How long were you ttc?

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out?

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more?

Occupation?

Hobbies and other activities?

Only answer those you are comfortable with

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
#2 of 10 Old 01-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Wow! I can't believe I'm up already. I kept thinking I'd be really far along when I came up, then I realized,...I AM really far along.

Real name? Jamie

Age? 28

Where are you from, where do you live now? Missouri born and bred. I grew up in the suburbs outside St. Louis, and now live on a farm a little over an hour from STL. We plan on moving out of the area sometime this summer/fall/as soon as we can once my husband finishes Culinary school this June.

Due date? May 4th

How long were you ttc? We got pregnant on our first round of Clomid. I've had to use Clomid for my last 3 pregnancies, all happened on the first round. Only my first was a surprise.

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out? We're having a boy. Our first after 3 girls. My husband really wanted a boy, but I would have been happy with either.

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more? My husband, Ben, and three girls. Olivia-almost 8, Claudia-5, and Amelia (Mimi)-2 next week. We have a cat, Emma (she's Olivia's).

Occupation? Currently a SAHM. I worked in retail until around 4 months into my pregnancy with Claudia, and have been at home with the kiddos ever since.

Hobbies and other activities? I taught myself to knit 1 1/2 years go, so I could knit my own wool diaper covers. I love to read, but rarely have the time. I don't know if it's a hobby per se, but I really enjoy studying all the different aspects of nutrition and have really become interested in the "traditional/real foods" movement. I've been thinking of pursuing some kind of formal education in this area once the kids are a little older. Normally we home school, took the year off for various reasons, and the big girls are in private school until the end of the school year. I have every intention of picking back up with hsing in the fall.

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#3 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 AM

Do you have one particularly vivid memory from your childhood?

And what is your favorite color?

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#4 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecaut View Post
Do you have one particularly vivid memory from your childhood?

And what is your favorite color?
I actually have a lot of vivid memories from my childhood. The one that stands out the most, and I believe is one of my first memories at around 3, is being at my babysitter's house for some kind of party for someone. She had an older uncle who only had one arm. I remember sitting on the floor trying to look up his sleeve to see what the end of his missing arm looked like. I remember thinking it probably had some kind of cap or screw on lid on the end of it. Another vivid memory from around the same time is going into my parents room early each morning (it may have only been once, but I think it was a regular thing I did), turning on "The Muppet Show" and falling back asleep watching it on their bedroom floor.

My favorite color(s) is any shade of earthy green.

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#5 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 AM

how did you meet your dh?

any names picked out for your baby boy?

can you share your story with clomid?

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#6 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_paez View Post
how did you meet your dh?

any names picked out for your baby boy?

can you share your story with clomid?
My husband and I met in highschool, and were just friends for a long time. We finally fell in love and were married 7 years after meeting.

Yep. George Benjamin (after his dad and great grandfather). I've gone back and forth over liking it for various reasons, but honestly, when I'm not pregnant (hormonal), I never had any issues with it. Plus, the girls have already taken to calling him Georgie-so cute!

As far as the Clomid goes, we have been so very fortunate in our experiences taking it. I have always had very irregular periods, sometimes only 3 or 4 a year. Like I mentioned before, my first was a surprise-as I was definitely NOT trying to get pregnant. With our second started trying mostly by not preventing when our oldest was about 8 months old. After a few months of nothing happening, we started more actively trying-as best we could with my crazy cycles. Around the time our oldest was 16 months old, I went to my OB for my yearly, and brought up the fact that we had been trying for almost 8 months with no success. She did bloodwork, checked for PCOS, checked my thyroid, pretty much any possible cause, and found nothing. She prescribed me Clomid (and I think progesterone-to induce a period), figuring that if I could just ovulate I would be able to get pregnant, and I did-on the first cycle of Clomid (50mg on days 5-9) temping and charting. Fast forward 3 years later-the whole time not preventing, and we were ready for another baby. I went to my yearly with a new OB, and basically told her my last child had been conceived using Clomid, and I'd like to go on it again to get pregnant. We did the same dose on the same days after inducing a period with progesterone, and this time I only charted until I O'd, and had very obvious pains when I did. Again I was pregnant on the first cycle. When our youngest was 16 months old, I was coming up on my yearly again, and discussed with my husband if we were ready to have another, and we decided I'd bring it up at my appointment. At the appt. my OB asked if I was ready for another one yet, and I said actually we were, and asked if she'd prescribe me Clomid again-she gave me a script, same days and dose again. This time I just waited for my period to come on it's own, and I didn't chart. I was able to tell when I ovulated, because I had really bad O pains like the last time. And again, here I am pregnant with another baby.

I just feel incredibly blessed, because we've had such success with Clomid-and I know a lot of women don't. (If there's anything anyone is wanting to know about my experiences with Clomid, but I didn't mention, please feel free to ask.)

#7 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 02:57 AM

That's great about your experience with clomid! I have a friend who just started...I hope she has the same success.................

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 AM

Have you travelled someplace that you love enough to move to?

Where are you all planning on moving to?

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#9 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
Have you travelled someplace that you love enough to move to?

Where are you all planning on moving to?
I honestly haven't traveled to that many places, and the places I have been didn't really wow me to the point of wanting to move there above all other places-but I was really only in very specific areas, so I didn't get a good lay of the land anywhere. We'd really love to end up either somewhere in New England, or somewhere out west in the mountains.

We're not planning on moving anywhere specific right now. We're waiting for my husband to finish culinary school, then see what kind of job offers he is able to get. We'd really like to move out of state, as both of our families can be quite toxic, and would just really like to be far enough away that it's easy to not be around them often (all our parents and a good amount of extended family are within a 40 miles radius now). Really, we're just waiting to get out there and have new experiences, and see where life takes us.

#10 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Sounds like a new adventure awaits you all--how exciting!

Sorry to hear about your family

George Burns said, "happiness is a large extended family that lives at least one state away." I mutter this to myself often when I am with my in-laws.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page