WEEKLY - Feb 1st - Feb 7th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Ladies,

Didn't see a new thread so here one is. How is everybody doing? Insomnia, swollen ankles, stretch marks, backaches? Planning for birth? Some of us already packing our bags?

I am headed to the OB this afternoon. Getting the usual pee check, plus the sugar tolerance test, and a nice shot of Rhogam - I'm soooo excited about that last one, don't like needles so much! But I will also get to hear LO, which is the best part of course. Tried to listen with my stethoscope again the other night, but couldn't hear him. He just kept pushing back against it!

No big plans this week, just working and trying to assemble lists so we get everything done that we want to do before the big day arrives. I know the time is going to fly by! What's everyone else up to?

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#2 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM

kelly, good luck at your appt this afternoon.

i don't think i updated here last week...
dh and i had an u/s last thurs to determine the gender, and we found out that LO is a boy! i was a little stunned considering i took an intelligender test and it said girl. but we're both really excited! dr said everything looked great in there. the only thing that concerned me was that the nurse that took my stats before the appt told me that my bp was a little high. she actually didn't say anything until i asked if my bp was ok. and then she said "yea it's good......just a little on the high side" so now i'm stressing over it.

this weekend i was really lazy/tired. and my back is hurting now. but other than that i'm feeling ok.
#3 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 PM

kelly, sorry about the shot.

tippy, congratulations on your boy!!!

Me- Trying to stay warm in my super-cold house. Brrrr! Nothing weird going on pregnancy-wise, just the usuals. Takes about 30 seconds standing after sitting for my hips to settle into place, starting to get uncomfortable if I eat even a little too much, no swelling though so that's good. Hope everyone else is enjoying their pregnancy!

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#4 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM

tippy, congrats on the boy!! I'm sort of kind of secretly just teensy bit hoping for another boy this time. Maybe that's just because my DD is driving me bonkers with her tweeny attitude these days. My ds is still such a snuggle...and he's almost 5. I'm so selfish.

I have an appointment this week as well, at my midwife's house this time. She was contacted by a local photography school student who is doing her senior thesis on homebirth photography, so she asked if she could document our prenatals and the birth. Very cool, I get pretty much professional pics of the homebirth for free! So she'll be there as well.

DH will be missing for the appt, though. He's bummed about missing another appointment (he missed the last one) but he has a job interview the day after the appointment and I told him he shouldn't take two days off in a row (save that vacation time!!). I love that he feels the need to be at the prenatals, but I know how important switching jobs is to him, and that's really a priority.

Feeling pretty good and big these days. Baby is a boisterous one.

We ordered all our seeds for our garden this year. Four adults trying to decide all the different varieties we want - we finally nailed down 111 different varieties from 4 different vendors at a whopping $323 total for what should be a year's supply of veggies/flowers/herbs. This includes things we are greenhousing/overwintering as well, so it's not so bad once it's amortized out. I can't WAIT for spring! Poring over those seed catalogs with their shiny full color pictures was sooooooooooo nice.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#5 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM

em, that is so awesome (about the photography)! good luck at your appt.

apecaut, hope you get warm soon. it's been quite chilly here, so i feel you on that one.
#6 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Tippy, Re: Intelligender.....mine said boy and we are having a girl. So I don't put ANY stock in them + I followed the directions to a T and the damn thing EXPLODED and the lid shot off, pee and chemicals spilled all over my table and ruined the finish on it. The intelligender group let me send them photos though and they paid $650 (per the guy that refinished it) to redo my table. It's a hard wood table from World Market, so not cheap, but that's my story with them.

Em, congrats on the Docu and the seeds, I wish we could plant that much. I can't really get seeds to grow though, I need the plant in a small state and go from there. I did have tons of veggies last spring/summer/fall though!!

Amy, sorry it's so cold there, we got blasted with some snow at home while DH and I were away on our baby moon. So the kiddies got to stay home from school yesterday and probably will tomorrow too.

Kelly, So excited you get to hear your little guy again, LOVE IT!!!

AFM, I'm doing nothing. My Dr faxed over a request to my disability group telling them I need to pretty much do nothing until the baby is 8 weeks old, due to prior uterine rupture and being so sick still. Well the lady that handles my case is sitting on her @ss doing nothing AS USUAL and hasn't approved the extention yet......so I haven't been paid since Jan 13th, can we say late mortgage all together now?!?!?! So I called her boss today and threatened to call my HR group on them. I was called back immediately (thank you!) and told that the nurse was going to make a decision by tomorrow and I would be called promptly. I HATE dealing with this crap!! END RANT---

Other than the usual sickness, hips, back, and pelvis hurting, I'm good. Mom watched the kids while we went off. My oldest DD got hit in the face by an ice ball (not snow) and it cut her face open. My oldest DS got bit in the face by my mom's dog (totally not his fault, and a good thing I wasn't here to see it) and is swollen and red under his eye, and B feel down the steps thanks to oldest DD leaving the baby gate open,and busted his mouth open. So house is fine/ kids not so much. I'm glad to be home and take care of all my babies though.

Oh and my baby moon was nice and very relaxing, I slept in until 9-10am every morning and didn't have to change diapers or listen to whining from anyone, and DH drove us to eat when we went. I also had tons of fruit which I probably needed. Was very nice.

Hope to hear from you all soon!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#7 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM

I haven't talked on one of these weekly threads in forever, but I am feeling so disconnected from the outside world of late that I'm giving it a try! Just to have some other mama connection!!!

Kelly - hope your appt goes as well as it can! I hate it when they stick me with stuff... lol!
Tippy - Congrats on a boy! I have two and LOVE them! As for your BP if it was on the high end of normal I wouldn't worry about it. It is common for your BP to increase a bit when you go to the doctor... they call it white coat symdrome.
apecaut - sorry it's so cold! Where do you live? It's been so unseasonably warm here that our trees are starting to bud. Everything is so confused!
Em - We've been pouring over the seed catalogs also and getting our garden beds prepared, etc. I will be planting onions and potatoes in another couple weeks. Can't wait! What is your favorite crop to grow?

As for me... I've been fighting major dizziness the past month. I actually fell down the stairs and hurt my arm and hand really bad a couple weeks ago from the dizziness. All they can find is that I seem to be dehydrated depsite all the liquids I'm drinking. My body is just not absorbing them. So I getting IV fluids every few days and it's really helping! Fortunantly since I am a licensed nurse (and so is dh) my midwives give me a couple liters of fluid and IV needles to take home so I can do it while sitting on the couch cruzing the internet. DH can't get one started on me though, so I've been having to stick myself which is a bit unerving to say the least! LOL... I'm just thankful I don't have to sit in the hospital or a cold office somewhere while doing it.

Baby is already engaged deep in my pelvis which is causing me all kinds of pain... I've been getting a ton of sewing done for the baby, knowing I won't get any done here in a couple months. I'm sewing all our diapers and most of the clothes for the first 6 months.

Oh and I've never officially announced... but we are having a girl!!! We will have 2 boys and 2 girls!

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
#8 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Wow. A lot going on this week with everyone. Congrats to you who have found out the gender. Wishing some warm temps to those of you in the colder parts. Mamaspirit - hope your dizzy spells resolve. That doesn't sound good at all.

AFM - I had a relaxing weekend (didn't have to work), but then was hit with a bout of insomnia last night. Was dragging today and fighting the urge to call in a sub for tomorrow. I know that I have to find coverage for some half days later this month, so I'm trying not to give into my urge to take a day off. We'll see.

I have to go to my Bradley class tonight alone, since DH is out of town. Bummer. I think I'll get through it OK. At least I know that I won't be the only one there without her hubby. There is one woman who has to do the entire series alone b/c her husband is out of state. Tonight it stage 1 labor. I told DH that I would take good notes.

Final good news... my bro & SIL bought us the BOB stroller that we registered for. Don't have it yet, but just so excited to know that we don't have to buy it.

Wishing everyone, including myself, some extra energy and good sleeping this week.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#9 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Tenk - I just realized I left you out on my post... I think we muct have posted at the same time or something. I'm glad you had a great time on your baby moon with dh... where did you go? I hope they get the disability straightened out for you soon!

Maydaymom - Yay on the bob stroller! It's always great when people get you what you really want and you don't have to buy it! I hope you have a good time tonight at your Bradley class even though dh isn't there! Where in Colorado do you live?

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
#10 of 28 Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM

Tara, no worries, we went to Hilton head and stayed at a resort there. it was blissful!!

Beth, what a SCORE that someone bought the BOB for you, those are certainly not cheap. I would LOVE that too!!! sorry your going it alone tonight, but the notes will catch him up!!

#11 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspirit View Post
Maydaymom - Yay on the bob stroller! It's always great when people get you what you really want and you don't have to buy it! I hope you have a good time tonight at your Bradley class even though dh isn't there! Where in Colorado do you live?
Class was good with some excellent homework... massage For some reason DH didn't believe me when I told him.

I actually live in Parker, CO -- it's a southern suburb of Denver. Lots of good trails for running with the bob, and also close enough to the mountains (1-2 hours) to try it our off-road. Can't wait.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#12 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 07:30 AM

Tenk--glad you had a nice babymoon. My in-laws are moving just off Hilton Head next week. They'll be back and forth between their new place and the NJ house for a while until they get everything packed up and put the old house on the market. My family lives in south Georgia but I haven't spent that much time in the South Carolina lowcountry--I suppose that will change.

Em--congrats on the seeds. That's really exciting. I miss having a garden. If we're still doing the city apartment-dwelling thing when Bagel's a preschooler, I think we'll try to get a community garden plot so that I can try to help Bagel understand that food comes from the ground and that there's a whole big process of growing vegetables that we can be a part of.

I'm still visiting my in-laws and am pretty wiped out. I also haven't felt Bagel move much for the past couple of days and am trying not to freak out about it. I think Bagel probably changed position and is now kicking the placenta rather than somewhere that I can more readily feel. Every once in a while I get a movement (there have been several every day), but they're softer and feel different--almost like it's Bagel's back or head pushing backwards and bracing for movement that I can't feel. It's just weird because I feel almost like I've moved back a month in terms of Bagel squirming around in there. I miss the parties in my womb. I even miss the irritating reiterations of the Macarena on my cervix. Come on, Bagel, kick me like you mean it!

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#13 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Beth, I used to live in colorado springs, I know right where you are!!!

Star, as long as you are still feeling the movement even if it's not kicks and jabs. Sometimes all I feel is a ball pushing out and nothing else, which could be her back or head or butt and the moveme nnts are on the inside (I guess?). I hope you can rest for a bit and wait for some more movements from bagel!!

As for Hilton head, we LOVE it there!!! We vacation there every year with the kidsmmmmmmkkmmlkml

#14 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM

We don't really have all that much room for all that stuff...we make the most out of the space we have though! Our whole lot is less than a quarter acre, and the house sits on a huge part of that. Raised beds, companion and succession planting is the only way we can fit all that in there.

Starkyld, I hope you get walloped good by your baby today How are the inlaws doing?

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#15 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 PM

tenk, yikes! i can't believe that happened to your table. i'm glad they sent some $ to fix it.

mama - thanks for calming me down. i was hoping that was it. i was pretty stressed out when i got there since i thought we were going to be late (which we were) for our appt. sorry about the dizziness. hope you are feeling better!

mayday - awesome news on the bob. we have it on our registry too, and i hoping someone gets it for us.

stark - i'm sure everything is fine, and it's just like you said - baby moved. but i'm hoping you get some reassurance soon.

AFM, i'm excited b/c i just register dh and i for a bradley course! it starts on the 13th. i think this will really calm dh down. i think for the last couple of weeks he's been super sensitive about the fact that we are going to be 1st time parents without any of our families near by. and i'm almost done with my hypnobirthing book.

baby has been moving around quite a bit. it's usually around afternoon when he's the moviest (i think i just made that word up).
#16 of 28 Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy View Post
AFM, i'm excited b/c i just register dh and i for a bradley course! it starts on the 13th. i think this will really calm dh down. i think for the last couple of weeks he's been super sensitive about the fact that we are going to be 1st time parents without any of our families near by. and i'm almost done with my hypnobirthing book.
Yay for Bradley courses We're in week 3 of ours and it's been helpful so far. I especially love this week's homework - dh is supposed to practice massaging me in prep for 1st stage labor.

#17 of 28 Old 02-03-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

The good news... Nurse called yesterday - my glucose test was normal!! Yay! I have no signs of anemia!! Yay! And LO was doing great at our OB visit!! Yay!

The frustration... OB wants my c-sec scheduled on or after the 5th of May, but he only does sx on Tuesdays which would push delivery off until the 11th (one day before my due date - don't think LO is going to hang around and wait for that). Now I have to wait until my next visit at the end of the month to, as the secretary put it, try to convince him to change his schedule for me. I don't want some other OB I don't know doing my surgery. Sheesh.

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#18 of 28 Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maydaymom10 View Post
Yay for Bradley courses We're in week 3 of ours and it's been helpful so far. I especially love this week's homework - dh is supposed to practice massaging me in prep for 1st stage labor.
ooo, i like the sound of that hw already!! dh will hate it. i always ask him to massage/rub my back - lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly View Post
The good news... Nurse called yesterday - my glucose test was normal!! Yay! I have no signs of anemia!! Yay! And LO was doing great at our OB visit!! Yay!

The frustration... OB wants my c-sec scheduled on or after the 5th of May, but he only does sx on Tuesdays which would push delivery off until the 11th (one day before my due date - don't think LO is going to hang around and wait for that). Now I have to wait until my next visit at the end of the month to, as the secretary put it, try to convince him to change his schedule for me. I don't want some other OB I don't know doing my surgery. Sheesh.
that's great news! i'm hoping that everything works our with your ob's schedule.
well i just scheduled an appt with a chiropractor for this afternoon. my back has been killing me for the last couple of days (it's worse when i'm sitting, and i have a desk job). so i thought it was time to make the call.
#19 of 28 Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM

So, for the 1st time in about 10 years, we qualify for WIC. We've done lots of things to bring down our out going payments, laid off nanny but offered her $100 in severence monthly so she'll return when I go back to work, we qualify for the stimulus rate reduction on our mortgage, and we refinanced our tahoe with our bank vs gmac, Oh and paid off our credit card with taxes....over all that's going to save us more than I'm willing to share, but it's AMAZING. Well my pay was reduced to 60% based on disability and DH is a full time student..........................so qualify for WIC. Anyway I go there, and they do the usual, weight, height, iron level check. Well, it should be over 12, mine is 11.4 so I'm slightly anemic again (I figured) and based on where I started and where I am now I've gained 22lbs (this after losing, and I'm still super sick) and she told me I've GAINED TOO MUCH WEIGHT. Can you believe that? at 27 weeks pregnant I've gained 22 lbs and that's TOO MUCH?!?!?!?! I was flabergasted. My Dr is fine with it, and I'm fine with it, so I don't really care what they think, but I've never gained only 25lbs during pregnancy, I normally gain 35-40, I had accepted that this time as well. I prefer to gain only 35 but hey, that's life. Anyway, just wanted to vent about the appt. LOL

#20 of 28 Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM

I had a whole long post typed out, and I didn't realize I wasn't logged in, and after I logged in, it disappeared. Boo. So please forgive me for not typing it all out again.

It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well, and not too out of the ordinary for closing in on the 3rd trimester!!! Can you believe it's already (almost for some) here??? I keep feeling like I'm really big, but when I think about being in the 3rd tri, I'm really not, and actually (knock on wood) feeling pretty good for being so far along. Now tomorrow the universe will strike me down with all sorts of aches and pains.

I'm really, really excited...I have *finally* found a midwife, and the hubs and I are meeting with her on Friday. The best part is, my two concerns with a homebirth (besides even finding a mw) were being able to afford it getting so close to my due date, and not being sure how I felt about giving birth in my inlaws house (if we haven't moved yet). Well, she is willing to let us make payments extending beyond the birth, AND she has accomidations in her home for me to labor and birth if needed. I'm still just so thrilled with how things developed, only in the last couple days. I had really been trying to resign myself to a hospital birth, or a UC, but my ideal all along has been a homebirth with a MW. I just feel like my dream is finally coming true, and I've done everything that is within my capabilities to have the birth I want, and the only things left to chance are the variables that come with any birth. Squee!!!

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#21 of 28 Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Had my breast USS yesterday. Looks like the lump is either a cyst or, more likely, a blocked milk duct. Which is what DH and I and my GP thought but nice to have the ultrasound to support our clinical opinion

So when we got home I did some research on how to clear a blocked duct (I'd already tried just expressing) and, as well as using hot packs and expressing, someone suggested vibration. Seemed like a good idea but what to use? I eventually remembered that I have a set of bikini clippers which vibrate

Can you picture me sitting on the couch holding a hot flannel followed by a set of bikini clippers to my bosom (the clippers have a nice contoured handle which fit beautifully BTW) before expressing into a medicine cup? Pregnancy certainly is an interesting journey

Anyway, after all that, I do think I made the lump a bit smaller but I may need a few more "treatments" to resolve it completely.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#22 of 28 Old 02-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Jamie, so glad you found a MW that you like mama!!!

Kate, the idea of you doing this, is, well, amusing to say the least, but I'm glad that everything is ok in there!!!

I have a problem ladies, I WANT TO SHOP, and I don't need anything.

Oh, I made a sleep sac for baby girl, and a pillowcase dress for her, but I think it's too small. I have a blanket that I need to make as well but I'm putting it off. I'm getting very crafty, but free handing it all, so none of it's even. Did I mention that I WANT TO SHOP?!?!?!

I want a boppy nursing cover that's minky dots in brown and has her name embrodoried (I butchered this word, sorry) on it in lilac. UGH

#23 of 28 Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Kate, I tend to get blocked ducts when nursing, I will keep that vibrating treatment in mind for if/when that happens this time around! Thanks for the tip.

Had my appointment with my midwife yesterday, got my birth kit supply list. I like having a checklist of stuff I can tick off. For you homebirthers, what do you do to store this stuff? I was thinking of putting everything in a big tupperware storage bin so I can start pulling stuff together now, and so that it's all readily available. Having the list makes the homebirth seem so much more real to me.

Baby is head down, she showed me how to feel for the head, so I think I can find it pretty consistently now, and distinguish between that and the butt. I posted last week that I had a sore spot from something, that seems to move with position to the baby - she thinks it's either a shoulder or an elbow that's the culprit. Little bony baby parts.
Heart rate is good, in the 150s...we're out of the doppler stage and using only the fetoscope which I'm very happy about. The baby really seemed to hate the doppler. S/he doesn't flail around at all being poked by the fetoscope, but would definitely do so with the doppler. So glad that's gone! Had a blood draw too, just a CBC.

I met the photography student I had mentioned in the photography thread - she's a very nice girl with a VERY full schedule ahead of her - 8 births she's shooting this semester for her gallery exhibit! So, we'll get a cd of all the pictures from her, which we're free to use as we like. She has two exhibits coming up, her school exhibit is in a very busy transportation station here in Boston, so if I have the baby at the right time some of our pictures could be in that, and she's also doing another gallery exhibit in the summer. So that could be fun.

Dh and the kids and I went to the hockey game (Boston Bruins) last night and watched them get their butts handed to them by the Habs (first to eighth...way to collapse, Bruins) and I am bone tired this morning.

#24 of 28 Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Em, YAY! for head down, maybe s/he will stay that way too!!

I'm having some really bad back pain. For 2-3 days now, I'm seeing a physical therapists, doing ice and heat, taking tylenol, and doing the exercises the PT recommended, yet the pain is still there and it's real and painful. I even called the on call Dr today (she's very nice) and she said there's nothing they can do. I'm already doing it all, all that can be done, and I pretty much just have to deal with it. It hurts to move, sit, lay, turn over, get shaken in the car. I don't know what to do, and honestly it's making me lothe this pregnancy (NOT Ella, but being pregnant) and the pain I'm having is what pushed me to decide I need to have my tubes tied. I really don't think I want to though, so I'm sure I won't. Why oh why do I have to have this pain?!?!?! It's bad pain, I'm miserable, and can't do anything about it.

#25 of 28 Old 02-06-2010, 02:52 PM

I had my first appt. with my MW yesterday, and it was won.der.ful! I'm measuring 34 weeks, which is a big jump from my last OB appointment, BUT he doesn't really feel for the top of my uterus very well, so I'm sure his measurements are probably wrong. Plus this is my 4th, and I have a little bit of mama pudge left on my belly from my last baby, so I'm not surprised I'm measuring big (since I always do anyway). I'm going to be doing duel care with my OB, only so I don't run the risk of losing my insurance-but she's familiar with him and says he's one of the better docs around for being hands off and supporting NCB. She did say that if I haven't gone into labor already by 40 or 41 weeks, that he will start pushing for an induction, but at that point I would just not go into him anymore. She did say because of my previous inductions that there's a good chance I will go past my due date, so I'm already pushing the date back in my head so I don't get too antsy when we hit May.

She has a birth tub she rents, and although I don't think I'll want to give birth in it (I just don't want to have to climb out afterwards-but who knows), I think we're going to go ahead and rent it, even just for labor.

My soon to be 8 year old is probably more excited about a home birth that me and DH are, since this time "she'll get to see more cause the doctor won't tell her she shouldn't look." She did so great with my last birth, and now being even older, I'm excited for her to be able to participate more, because she's wanting to so much. I'm not sure how well my almost 6 y/o will do, because she's more prone to getting overwhelmed and upset in situations, but she's been watching birth videos with me, and is really interested. I'll have at least one friend there who has already said she'll take charge of the kids, so even if she were to being to get a little freaked out, there's someone to take her out of there and be with her until she decides she wants to come back in, or the baby is born.

I'm just so thrilled to finally be able to really get excited about the birth, because I'm not resigning myself to less than my ideal plan.

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#26 of 28 Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Aw Tenk, I'm so sorry! I hope you find some relief soon!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#27 of 28 Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Tenk I am so sorry you're in pain...been there done that in my last two! Hang in there momma and hopefully you can get some rest!

YAY! for the midwife and birth plan TFM !!!

AFM...I am OVERJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got our taxes done and well there was an error so today we found out we didn't get back 2500 but 4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means I can pay the midwife in FULL on the 16th when I see her and the one CC that is haunting us right now. After that we'll still have money left over to go on a mini trip with the boys before bean arrives, AND work on the other debt!!! So happy we'll be debt free again by the end of this YEAR! (Then we can start working on the house and last car!!)

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#28 of 28 Old 02-06-2010, 05:00 PM

Tenk: I've been having similar pain, mostly in my upper back (by shoulder blades. I talked to my mw about it and she suggested a massage or even seeing a chiropractor. I'm not a chiropractor person usually (never been to one), but have you thought about either of those options? Being the in the rehab field myself, I agree with the PT exercises, but maybe you could try one of the others as well. Just a thought.. hope you feel better soon.

Mommabean Yay for the tax refund What a great surprise. Wish I knew that I had that coming. We have to pay for 80% of our birth center fees this Wed at my 28 week appt. Yikes! We have it, but it would be great to suddenly "come into" some money that would cover the bulk of it.

AFM - the rest of the week has been better than the beginning. The downside being that I'm stuck covering a wrestling tournament all day today. I think my "mama instincts" must be coming in. One of the wrestlers got sick in the hall and I was able to help him without gagging myself. I figure it's a sign that I'll be able to handle the blow-outs and such when they come Not that I am looking forward to it.

DH and I are headed out for an art show opening tonight and then are relaxing tomorrow. I am looking forward to that. Also looking forward to my mw appt on Wed. Have to do the glucose test, but they just have fast overnight, drink some grape juice, wait an hour and then pull the blood. Doesn't seem so bad considered what I've read from your experiences. Plus we'll get to hear the baby again & maybe they'll be able to feel him. Can't wait!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page