Anyone else feel like their baby has dropped? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just today I have started feeling a significant amount of pressure on my pelvis. More so than I remember experiencing at this stage in pregnancy with my last lo. Hmmm... just curious. Maybe the babes is just growing

Free-birthing, un-schooling (Waldorf style), extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering Earth Mama to Kayleb, ( 10/07) and Anaya ( 5/10)! Joyfully married to my beloved I hug trees and plant seeds.
#2 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 AM

Pressure in the pelvis for me no...she's been having a lovely party directly on my cervix, and all my kicks/movements are so so so low....very rarely I feel something up high. She seems to be aimed at the gates and waiting for the kick start so to speak. I know they can actually engage and then back out at pretty much any point so I've been talking to her about giving mama a little break from the cervical dance, but she's not listening thus far. I don't really know if she's fully engaged or dropped so to speak or if she just loves hanging in the neither regions but I'll be glad when she takes the opportunity to stretch out a bit and give me a bit of a break

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#3 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispie View Post
Pressure in the pelvis for me no...she's been having a lovely party directly on my cervix, and all my kicks/movements are so so so low....very rarely I feel something up high.
This is exactly me. A FEW times I've felt something up high but then it's back to the cervix a couple hours later. The only pressure in my pelvis is when I try to squat. Not a good idea at this point for me as it feels like everything is going to fall out.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#4 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM

Yes! I thought I was crazy - this is my third, but I don't remember dropping this early then. Starting to feel lil cervical twinges.
#5 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM

Yes and no. It's way too early for the baby to actually have "dropped", but I did ask my midwife about it last week because this girl feels so darn low 90% the time. I have SPD, and she said it's common for babies to hang out lower when the pelvis is more open, so I imagine the same might be true for other 2nd or 3rd-time mamas who are a bit more loosey-goosey down there.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#6 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
...she said it's common for babies to hang out lower when the pelvis is more open, so I imagine the same might be true for other 2nd or 3rd-time mamas who are a bit more loosey-goosey down there.
oOOOOooh I like to look at it as my pelvis being more open! woohoo, I'm gonna take that take on it.

Free-birthing, un-schooling (Waldorf style), extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering Earth Mama to Kayleb, ( 10/07) and Anaya ( 5/10)! Joyfully married to my beloved I hug trees and plant seeds.
#7 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 AM

This is my sixth pregnancy, so I know things are looser than they have been in previous pregnancies, but I definitely have felt my baby "drop". My suspicions were confirmed last week when I had an unexpected u/s and the tech could not even get a good picture of the baby's head because he was SO low...

If your low baby is causing you discomfort, try getting on knees and elbows and doing some pelvic tilts. This should cause baby to back out of the pelvis due to gravity, and should give you some relief. I use this technique when I get into bed at night and lie down immediately afterward. It has helped me get some much-needed rest! I recommend it to lots of my clients (I'm a doula) and they thank me everytime! I wish I could take credit for it, but I learned it from Penny Simkin!!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#8 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
This is my sixth pregnancy, so I know things are looser than they have been in previous pregnancies, but I definitely have felt my baby "drop". My suspicions were confirmed last week when I had an unexpected u/s and the tech could not even get a good picture of the baby's head because he was SO low...

If your low baby is causing you discomfort, try getting on knees and elbows and doing some pelvic tilts. This should cause baby to back out of the pelvis due to gravity, and should give you some relief. I use this technique when I get into bed at night and lie down immediately afterward. It has helped me get some much-needed rest! I recommend it to lots of my clients (I'm a doula) and they thank me everytime! I wish I could take credit for it, but I learned it from Penny Simkin!!
Thanks for this tip, mama. Luckily I haven't been in too much discomfort, just noticing tons more pressure. I do love doing cat and cow (yoga) but never thought to do it on my elbows instead of hands... genius!

#9 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 03:58 AM

I feel like this baby has always been low and the ultra sound guy said baby was when we saw him a few weeks ago. My belly has also not popped out, baby is staying low and deep and goodness it is not like my other 5 at all!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#10 of 10 Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM

This baby has been a low rider all along That said, I still have popped and have a big belly under my chest line.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page