IAMommy - Another Mama of the Week (February 8-February 12) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IAMommy - Another Mama of the Week (February 8-February 12)

Hey it's your turn!

A few from me:

Real name?

Age?

Where are you from, where do you live now?

Due date?

How long were you ttc?

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out?

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more?

Occupation?

Hobbies and other activities?

Only answer those you are comfortable with

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
#2 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 05:52 PM

I wasn't expecting this so soon!

Real name? Amanda

Age? 31

Where are you from, where do you live now? I'm in cold and snowy Iowa

Due date? According to my midwife, May 5, but I'm pretty sure this little guy is coming at the end of April.

How long were you ttc? Um, we weren't

Gender preference, if you have one & will you find out? It's a boy, but I didn't care one way or the other. I do love boys though, so I am happy to have two.

Family - husbands, wives, partners, kids, pets and more? Just my husband, Ben, and our 20 month-old DS. No pets due to allergies.

Occupation? Mom

Hobbies and other activities? When I'm not chasing a toddler, I love to read, crochet, decorate cakes, clean (yes, I love to clean), garden, and dance. Oh, and cook.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.
#3 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Would you like a paid vacation in snowy, cold Baltimore? All it would cost you is doing one of your favorite things: cleaning!

I love that both of your boys will be May babies possibly. August must be a great month for you and your DH

Are you reading anything right now? What's your favorite book?

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#4 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM

LOL. DS1 was actually due in June. I bake my babies quickly. I had planned to go out on maternity leave with him at 39 weeks, but I never got that far. My co-workers had a lot to do!

I just finished the third Harper Connelly book by Charlaine Harris. I'm not normally into mysteries, but I really like her writing. I got hooked on her with the Sookie Stackhouse books. I can't say that I have a favorite book... I really loved East of Eden by John Steinbeck, but I love his writing. I tend to get hooked on authors and read everything by them and then move on to someone else. Jonathan Rosen is a wonderful writer and he hasn't written enough for my taste. In Sci-Fi, I love Octavia Butler.
I don't get as much time for reading books as I would like, so The New Yorker satisfies most of my needs.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.
#5 of 7 Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 AM

I do the same thing with authors

Is there a big ticket item you'd like for this baby?

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#6 of 7 Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM

For the baby specifically I would love a Boon high chair. We have a Svan Anka for DS, and it drives me nuts. So many nooks and crannies, and the wood doesn't stand up well to cleaning. The Boon seat is one piece of molded plastic - easy to clean.

This is one of the best parts about having another boy. There is really nothing we need. We could use a king-sized bed, but I don't see how it would fit in our tiny bedroom.

#7 of 7 Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM

That Boon chair looks awesome! I love that it looks like you would find it in a hair salon due to its sleek look

King-sized beds are super for sure but they do take up a LOT of room!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page