Feeling so lucky! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am feeling Lucky today because it has again hit me, my DH is HERE. He has been deployed in Iraq and missed two births but this time, this baby, he is here the whole time! I find it hard to complain about things because for a change I am not alone in it. Now to help him have the confidence I have in birthing without letting his fatherly worry get to me.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#2 of 3 Old 02-22-2010, 03:14 PM

It is a totally different aspect having him around. My DH is pretty much hands off when it comes to birthing. He cannot get a cap on his anxiety, and it spilleth over into my space lol. I usually end up barking at him to get get get about halfway through. When he reappears I know I am getting close to pushing. (which never takes longer than 90 seconds) He has an odd way of knowing when to come catch. It was funny last pg too because I still had 9 days til my due date and he was washing the mandatory stash of towels for our home water birth. I was so mad cause I felt like he was saying my grouchiness was due to pregnancy and not taking me seriously 12 hours later my water broke and 10 hours after that he was catching our son.

Totally different from my first two which were very much solo (different DH)

Anyway, I hope you have a beautiful shared birthing experience, and things go smooth and full of joy! Very Exciting!

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#3 of 3 Old 02-22-2010, 05:06 PM

Oh that is WONDERFUL mama!!!

My DH never deployed to Iraq/Afgan and I am so thankful for that, but the women who do it while their husbands are deployed always AMAZE me.

I'm glad he's here, and that your happy!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page