Weight gain - how much so far? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've gained about 20 lbs (ETA: It's actually 25lbs as of 29 weeks)
Started out 20lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight
I usually gain 50-60 lbs with each pregnancy (I get up to 232 lbs everytime LOL) so I'm surprised I haven't gained more yet
My MW's aren't concerned with weight gain, only with nutrition and the kinds of foods I'm eating
And I'm not concerned either about weight gain (other than making sure I am not eating too much fast food and sugars which in the past couple of weeks I have been). I lose about 20lbs right after the birth and then the other 30lbs stick around for the first year of breastfeeding, after that my body starts having AF and then the weight starts dropping off when baby starts to eat some solids and I have to chase them. That's also about the time my libido and baby fever kicks in and I get pregnant again LOL I figure I have my whole life to lose the weight, I'm not going to worry about it, even though I have PCOS and it is VERY difficult to lose it. It has been tough fluctuating so much tho from having babies every 2 yrs. I am looking forward to having a nice long break after this one (which is possibly our last)

~ Dana ~ Mommy to Madelyn, Jonas & Hudson & wee one #4 due late Spring!!!
#32 of 36 Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM

1. How much weight have you gained so far?
12 lbs (9 of those were over the holidays )
2. How far along are you now?
28w5d
3. Do you need to gain more or less then average for any reason?
I started out a little overweight so keeping the gain on the lower side would be good but my midwife and I aren't too concerned one way or the other.
4. How do you feel about your weight gain?
I'm pleased so far. I don't have a scale so only weigh at my appts. Each time I think I'm going to go up a lot but I'm keeping it pretty low and steady so far (except for that Christmas weight gain )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly View Post
Not worried - it came off like gangbusters when I was nursing my girls last time - I just have to be careful b/c after they weaned I put a bunch of weight back on. Don't want that to happen this time.
I was the same way. When my son finally weaned I had gotten so used to eating whenever/however I wanted that I started to put on some weight. With my other two I lost the pregnancy weight pretty quickly but I'm looking forward to nursing in hopes that it will melt off some of the extra fat I've acquired in the last couple of years. (fingers crossed) I just have to make sure I keep healthy eating habits and don't give myself license to eat any and everything.

Sara:  Playing ref to my jumpers.gif    Sweet Pea 10 read.gif Tootle Pants 7 bouncy.gif& Trouble Monkey diaper.gif 18 mo

#33 of 36 Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1./ How much weight have you gained so far?
I've lost 3-5 lbs. I've stayed at that weight since about 16 weeks
2./ How far along are you now?
32 weeks
3./ Do you need to gain more or less then average for any reason?
Not specifically
4./ How do you feel about your weight gain?
It is what it is... I eat regularly and pretty well, so I'm not really sure why I'm not gaining. Since I'm a bit overweight to start, no one seems to be too concerned about it.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#34 of 36 Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 PM

5.5lbs so far.

29wks 5days

No, although the MW Im seeing for prenantal care (we are UC'ing) gives me grief about not having gained enough. I have a very small frame, average height, and have never gained more than 25lbs with any of my pregnancies. Never had a premature baby, and they range in size from the smallest being 6lbs to the biggest being 8lbs 14oz. Im just "all baby weight" and accept that this is the way my body grows babies.

Im fine with it, this is totally on target for me, i'm loving my round beach ball belly, and it's great to have boobs again! Lol, this is the only time I do, they always shrink down after about the 4th month post partum even though my milk supply has always been very abundant.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#35 of 36 Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM

At my 27wk appt. I had gained 30lbs.

29w5d

Nope. I was generally average, perhaps thinner than average, for my height to begin with.

Well, I don't LOVE having gained this much already but it seems to be par for the course with me, as I've gained 33lbs, 50lbs, and 45lbs with each of my pregnancies, respectively, and managed to lose it all each time (my first/least weight gain I credit with the fact that I was only 17yrs old ) Also, with this pregnancy I was extremely sick from diverticulitis in my first trimester and was on lot of antibiotics for months...I really didn't eat much at all, however the weight just packed right on, 15lbs while barely eating! SO, I chalk it up to the fact that my body knows what it needs/wants to do while I carry my babies.

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
#36 of 36 Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 PM

I have gained 30 lbs to date

30 weeks as of today

nope. I had a BMI in the normal range before I got pregnant.

I am quite surprised at how much I have gained. I eat well, eat more a day than I would have in the past, but not by much. I am measuring 2cm higher than expected consistently (32cm yesterday). I'm still a bit perplexed about where the weight has gone...I will admit my butt and thighs are slightly bigger, but not dramatically. no swelling. It is what it is I guess.

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page