Can we talk about "the girls"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this thread is for boobie talk pretty much. My boobs never seem to get bigger in pregnancy. I don't mind because I'm a 40dd to begin with. However my nipples have a mind of their own. They have gotten SO big! They look like dinner plates! (think tribal women from the discover chanel) and I know darkening of the areolas is totally normal but mine have turned almost black! And I'm pretty light skinned to begin with. Do they get darker with each pregnancy? Also I've been leaking colostrum off and on and find that it is already clogging my ducts. I have to periodically massage to get clogs out during a warm shower. Anyone else have this? I've also found that my boobs are getting sore again like in the first trimester.

Any other boob stories to share?

BFPChart2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 10:33 PM

I am a bit disturbed by mine. There aren't a lot of people out there that are paler then me, so it seems to weird to see darker areoles on my body... and bigger ones too. At least I know they will go back to normal later. My nipples also seem a big bigger. My DD is still nursing and is quite happy I have some milk/ colostrum/ something now for her. I basically dried up right away.

My breasts are also a bit bigger now, probably entering C cup territory. Both my husband and daughter seem pleased.

I have never had a clog at all.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Yup, they're huge (I am also normally a dd). I am overflowing the 2 new bras I bought at about 4 mos pg. And the brown areas are almost purple they're so dark. I can express colostrum, but no leaks and I never had clogs except when I was actually bf before.

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM

I have a spot on my right one that gets clogged occasionally and it hurts and is sore when brused up against. It's fine now, but happens every few weeks and sucks!!! Bigger and darker YES!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 PM

My breasts haven't grown thank goodness. I'm usually trying to squish in to a 38DDD and I don't want more. My husband has commented on my freakishly huge nipples though. And yeah, they're darker too.

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

what about moles? Im getting what I think are moles on my areolas. and though they are not big and usually flat they are def popping up more than last time. These wont interfere in breastfeeding will they?

BFPChart2.gif

Old 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM

The bumpy things on your areolas are most likely montgomery glands, which are specialized sebaceous glands that produce a waxy substance to protect your nipples during the stress of breastfeeding. They can stick out like little bumpies when you get cold.

In order to let them do their thing, don't soap your breasts. They'll get clean enough with whatever shampoo runs across them naturally as you wash your hair. You want the skin to be well-nourished and moisturized.

One of the best out-takes from the birth of my daughter was my sister in law saying "your areola is the size of my whole breast!". Which was not an exaggeration.

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobit View Post
The bumpy things on your areolas are most likely montgomery glands, which are specialized sebaceous glands that produce a waxy substance to protect your nipples during the stress of breastfeeding. They can stick out like little bumpies when you get cold.

In order to let them do their thing, don't soap your breasts. They'll get clean enough with whatever shampoo runs across them naturally as you wash your hair. You want the skin to be well-nourished and moisturized.

One of the best out-takes from the birth of my daughter was my sister in law saying "your areola is the size of my whole breast!". Which was not an exaggeration.
thanks for the info. the bumps you are describing I think Ive seen that too. they come and go. These look like real moles. They are dark circular spots that do not go away... so idk.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 AM

34D - to 34DD before being preggo up to who know what now

They really didn't NEED to grow, but obviously they wanted too.... My nipples are larger, my areolas are larger and darker. I have a few flat darker bits that are not glands, and I have those glands. Plus they seem to be starting to sag, even though I've been so good about supporting them.

Oh and I'm leaking. It started at 16 weeks and now some days I have an almost constant drip drip drip from the lady on the right.

On the upside DH loves them, and no clogs so far
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaP8 View Post
My breasts haven't grown thank goodness. I'm usually trying to squish in to a 38DDD and I don't want more. My husband has commented on my freakishly huge nipples though. And yeah, they're darker too.
My husband commented on mine as well. he said, "Yeah, those are.............ready to feed the baby."
i've been leaking since 16 weeks pregnant. My nipples are always erect-and my areolas are pink and huge. quite a bit tender as well.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

User Tag List