4 am feedings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-13-2010, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boy they start early! I had to get up and eat a huge bowl of cereal because I woke up so hungry that my stomach was about to start eating itself
I forgot about this stage...I have so little room that I can't eat much for dinner, and even with dinner #2 I still wake up RAVENOUS.
Of course, now it's rave time in Club Uterus so it's a good thing I have my iPhone to keep me entertained until baby falls back to sleep.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 AM

Oh, wow. I start this as soon as I get pregnant. I am up every night usually between 3 and 6 a.m. depending on when I can escape the toddler who sleeps on me. I get up, go to the bathroom, have a bowl of yogurt with granola and a cup of tea.
With DS it was consistently 3 a.m., and that is also when I started labor with him. Maybe you'll go into labor at 4 a.m. with this one.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.
#3 of 6 Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM

Feeling your pain! I eat dinner, then make a point to eat a 300 calorie-ish high protein/good fat/slow digesting carb combo between 10-11pm. And STILL wake by 5am starving again. Like painfully hungry. My 6 small meals daily is now 8-9, lol.
#4 of 6 Old 03-13-2010, 06:49 PM

I went to bed the other night and an hour later realized I was starving and had to eat something else before sleeping.

I can't eat anything really until about noon every day b/c morning meals still make me so sick.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emnic77 View Post
Boy they start early! I had to get up and eat a huge bowl of cereal because I woke up so hungry that my stomach was about to start eating itself
I forgot about this stage...I have so little room that I can't eat much for dinner, and even with dinner #2 I still wake up RAVENOUS.
Of course, now it's rave time in Club Uterus so it's a good thing I have my iPhone to keep me entertained until baby falls back to sleep.
Your so funny!! I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and think, man am I hungry, but I don't ever get up and eat. If I had to guess I'd say it's because I'm scared of the dark NOT because I'm not really hungry. LOL silly I know, but I just come up with some wild stuff at night (like a kid almost!) and sometimes it's hard to even force myself to get up and pee LOL.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#6 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Rave time in Club Uterus! I won't forget that one!

I've been waking up in the wee hours to pee and sometimes I can't get back to sleep. Sometimes I eat and sometimes I don't. I have a feeling I'm getting plenty of calories though.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page