polyhydramnios - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
between today's appt and my mw appt two weeks ago I grew 6 inches. I measured 30 at my last appt (about a week behind) and today I measured 36. I actually measured 39 at first and she kept working to get a better measurement as she was worried that the ob would send me to the hospital right away.

With DD I had polyhydramnios and often measured several weeks ahead. My water broke right before a scheduled u/s.

I do not want to have this baby early, too. I'm so bummed that I might have this again. I reluctantly agreed to an u/s next week to determine the severity of the issue if it is the issue.

Anyone else gone through this?

It doesn't help that I am also all the sudden swollen beyond belief. I feel like the staypuft marshmallow man from GHOSTBUSTERS.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 PM

No personal experience- just

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#3 of 6 Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 AM

Oh no! I am so sorry. No personal experience, either, but big hugs from me. What is the plan for you now? Just u/s and wait????

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#4 of 6 Old 03-20-2010, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

The u/s will give the m/w more information regarding what to do. Oddly enough, given that my water broke early last time, I don't really know what the options are. From what I have read,it's dependent of the amount of extra fluid. I scheduled my u/s for LATE next week in hopes that it gives me more time to understand my options.

The m/w group I go to is great about not rushing anything unless necessary and not forcing labor to start so I feel good about that aspect as I know I can trust them if they head down that path.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 6 Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM

I had it with at least one pregnancy officialy diagnosed, but think I had it for 2 more.

I have never had my water break unless broken by OB or right before the baby was born. All mine were born at 41-43 weeks gestation.
#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM

sending you lots of love mama

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page