Mothering Forum banner

No micro preemies

849 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  maydaymom10 
#1 ·
I'm 30 weeks! and due on the 30th. Which means our DDC all got through to 30 weeks with no micro preemies!!! I know any baby born around this time would still have a long hard road but I think it's pretty darn cool that we've all made it this far in.

#2 ·
Yes--it's very good news! My (3 1/2 yo) dd was 14 days after her edd. So I've just been assuming this babe (edd 5/27) will be late, born in June.

Suddenly I'm realizing that this babe could come early, every babe is different. And that I have sooooo much to do before its arrival!

I am wishing all of us babes who cook the right amount of time and come out strong and are perfect nursers!

Best wishes everyone!!!

#8 ·
This has been a personal victory celebration of mine, as well, as I have been having issues that could have resulted in an early babe for several weeks. I have made it to 32 weeks which means I don't have to worry about hospital choice now, either. With my conditions, homebirth was out of the question months ago, but the least interventive, most natural birth and breastfeeding friendly hospital only has level II NICU, so babies born before 32 weeks go to the big hospital in the next city.
Woot for us!! And here's to several more weeks of pregnancy and healthy babies for us all!!

#11 ·
I was thinking about this yesterday myself! It is a cause for celebration! Like Darci I was holding my breath for 32 weeks because of hospital choice. My choice also only has a Level II NICU and the thought of going any place else made me cringe.

But here I am and, as are all of us! Yeah!

#12 ·
Yeah May mommas

I thought about this the other day when I looked at the April birth updates. They had some micro premies and several more moms already delivering. Im praying for good little cookers who get all the gestation they need. But I am sure we will be seeing a Babies Here thread pop up in the next few weeks as some of our moms are now in the 34 week range.

#13 ·

I'm so happy for all of us. This was a big concern for me. One of my oldest friends had her daughter last year sometime between 25 & 30 weeks. Unfortunately she didn't survive, and that has been on my mind a lot during this pregnancy. I'm do glad that we've all been fortunate enough not to have to go through that, at least during our current pregnancies. Onward to the full-term mark .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.