head up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DO you remember when your babies turned? I am 34 weeks tomorrow and my little guy is still head up, under my right rib ( a whole new level of discomfort lol) and I have started "exercises" to try and get him to turn. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check if he is still breech. Does anyone else still have a head up baby?

femalesling.GIFMama to intact DS Dec 06 and intact DS May 10......Looking to declutter 2012 items in 2012! (27/2012)

#2 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM

My little one flipped to vertex just 2 weeks ago at 31 weeks. I have a prenatal today, so hoping he or she has remained vertex.

I went to the chiropractor and she performed a Webster adjustment in hopes of encouraging the little one into the right position. Just two days before that, baby was breech... I had my chiro appointment and then a prenatal immediately after and she confirmed that baby was vertex.

Here's some info I found by googling Webster Technique http://www.worldchiropracticalliance...g/aug2001l.htm
#3 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM

my ds turned during labor. this lo has been in position for months.

BFPChart2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM

My midwife wasn't able to tell definitively if mine is head up or head down (I'm 33 weeks, 5 days). Evidently this one has a boney little behind (which it gets from my husband- if it were my behind it'd be nice and squishy )

So, I was given the option of an ultrasound to confirm position. We've decided just to wait until my next prenatal appointment to see if it is more clear (at 35 weeks), and meanwhile to start the Webster Technique with the chiro as well as some of the pelvic exercises. If the baby's position is still not obvious at my next appt, I'll consent to the ultrasound to check for position so we know whether or not to move onto other techniques (accupuncture, etc).

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#5 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Mine just turned head down a couple of days ago, at 34 weeks, 4 days. I wasn't sure she had turned(honestly her little butt feels pretty much the same as her head did to me) but I'm having 2x a week NST and bpp's so u/s confirmed that she had flipped that day. I *thought* something felt a bit different that morning, even though I thought I was still feeling her head up top, she seemed just a bit lower than normal(I felt like I could breathe a bit easier) and then at my u/s that afternoon we saw she had turned.

Ricki (36) wife to R (35), mommy to 6 year old DS and baby girl born April 24, 2010
#6 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM

My DD didn't turn until 34 weeks I went to acupuncture and it really helped.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#7 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Mine is still breech and is VERY comfortable. I'm 34w5d.
Both my boys turned vertex around 28-30wks so this is abnormal for me, but everything has been during this pregnancy
I'm working on getting some moxa sticks (easier said than done!!), DH has started helping me with some acupressure points, hopefully I'll have some pulsatilla by tomorrow evening to take as well.

I had been doing inversions, tried the music and light as well and ice packs/heating pad but that had little effect.

I got my hopes up at my midwife appointment this week, she was telling me that there are TWO OB's that would be okay with a vaginal breech birth. Okay so it's not the home birth/uc that I'd like, but sounds pretty good right? Until she got to the part where they have a mandatory consent form for episiotomy and forceps. That's not cool with me.
So now I'm getting serious about turning this baby.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#8 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

My last turned at 36w1d with the Webster Technique. Good luck!!
#9 of 9 Old 04-08-2010, 04:59 PM

My baby is transverse (sideways) and his/her head is under/against my ribs most of the time, so I hear you on the discomfort (not to mention I'm always wondering if I'm squishing baby when I bend down!) I had my 34 week appt w/ my mw yesterday & she explained that as long as the baby isn't snuggled down in the pelvis (and mine is definitely floating high!) there's a very good chance baby will move on its own, up til the day of delivery! Inversion excercises (check out spinningbabies.com) help lift babies out of the pelvis so they can move more freely. Good luck!

Emily, wife to Todd, mommy to John Isaac (May 2007) and excited for #2 in May!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page