Why do I keep encountering customer service failures! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to have an u/s sometime in the next week or so. This is how the system works here - the midwife fills out the requisition, I call the hospital to book the appointment and they forward the results to my m/w.
So I called the hospital and the lady got right snarky when I told her I'd be 35weeks. I listed off what the u/s was for and she said the soonest she could book it was 2 weeks away! That's absurd considering the size of this town and how busy they are.
Then she tells me "Well, have your midwife call me directly so we can work something out." WTH! It shouldn't make any difference if it's my midwife or myself calling!
So I called the other hospital that is further away and they happily offered the next day (I didn't have childcare) or middle of this week which works perfectly.

Then I called the local acupuncture clinic to see if I could buy a couple moxa sticks to get this baby turned. She sounded like she didn't even know what moxa sticks were and when I clarified she said I'd have to see the Dr. about it. When I told her that my midwife had given me the instructions she promptly said she couldn't help me and hung up the phone!! Wouldn't it have made more sense to offer me an appointment or something rather than just hang up?!
Now I have to plan a trip today to find them elsewhere, I really would have rather shopped local or even booked an appointment with the acupuncturist.

And being so preggo, I'm having a really hard time letting these little things go

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#2 of 2 Old 04-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzy View Post

And being so preggo, I'm having a really hard time letting these little things go
This is totally me, too! I am not good about maneuvering things like this anymore. I am annoyed FOR you! The receptionists at my m/w practice are on my last nerve, too, so I just breathe deeply and remind myself that my little sea monkey can hear my tone of voice I don't want him to arrive bitchy like his mama!

BTW, love the moxa sticks for so much. My favorite thing about healthcare after giving birth to DD was the moxa treatment. I hope they help!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page