Full Term - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! 37-weeks today

Had an appt with my mw yesterday & she told me if I were to go into labor last night that I could still give birth at the BC. Luckily that didn't happen. As much as I'm "over" this pregnancy and ready for the little man to get here, there's still so much to do. Of course it turns out that nothing will get done today as I have a full day of work. I really question the reasoning of coaches who schedule their games in the middle of the day on a Sat. I have to cover a 10 am baseball game, then a 2:00 & 3:30 lacrosse game. Seeing each one lasts about 2 hours, it kinda kills my day. Bummer. I'll just try to focus on the positive of being full term.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 PM

I'll be joining you on Tuesday...but by then you'll be half way to 38 weeks!

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 4 amazing girls, an awesome little boy, and a little surprise making a debut this winter.
#3 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Wow anytime now!!
I am 34 weeks and freaking out, I can only imagine what you all are feeling!

As for the games, I can understand on the parent side....The boys both have soccer today but BOTH games are at 3 on two different fields. The HOTTEST part of the day for these little guys and in seasons past games were never past 1 for the littler guys. I for one am not looking forward to walking back and forth in close to 90 degree heat to see both my babies play for an hour!

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!

#4 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! My midwife will do homebirths from 35 weeks on unless she has concerns about baby size (and I've been measuring a little ahead), so I'm cleared for my homebirth in a week. Every day I remind Bagel of how many more days he or she has to stay in there (although I'd like to make it to at least 38 weeks and change).
#5 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
Congratulations! My midwife will do homebirths from 35 weeks on unless she has concerns about baby size (and I've been measuring a little ahead), so I'm cleared for my homebirth in a week. Every day I remind Bagel of how many more days he or she has to stay in there (although I'd like to make it to at least 38 weeks and change).
yes, our midwife kinda rocks. when i had 48 hours of regular contractions just shy of 34w it was nice to only have to pray to hold the baby in 1 more week instead of 3! she estimates my baby at just under 6lb now so we're looking good!

i am 37w on monday! i kind of can't believe it. i am in denial that the baby could come any day now. luckily i don't feel like i'm in imminent danger of labor...i had more ctx at 33 and 34w than i do now. i am really hoping to make it to 39. in my heart of hearts i'm hoping to make it til may, actually which would be 40, but i'll take 39.
#6 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Awesome job, mama! Way to grow a baby

Like Robina, I am 37 weeks on Monday.

When I was at this day in my pregnancy with DD my water broke and I gave birth ON the 37w day. I can't imagine that happening twice but it would be amazing if it did!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#7 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yay! So Stoaked! I'll be term in 8 days. 8 DAYS! Wow! Although I'm hoping baby will stay put until after 4/21 which is my final divorce hearing. I'm super nervous about it just because I've never been to court before and don't know what to expect. I also have no idea what fits me that's professional looking. I'd rather go before baby is here so that I won't have to be away from her.

BFPChart2.gif

#8 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM

So excited for you!! I'll be term next tuesday so I've got a little longer to go but it's a relief knowing my baby will be term soon and if I go into labor, all would like be well

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#9 of 9 Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM

I thought I was officially 37 weeks on this coming Monday, but my midwife said that today is the magical day. I'd still prefer he wait to appear until at least Monday, just because we have what will probably be our last date night for a long time tomorrow. And, the birth tub doesn't arrive until tomorrow, either. I can't imagine giving birth without it.
Soon, it'll be like the April DDC around here - things are really busy with them.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page