Saying Goodbye to Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, pregnancy didn't come easy for me - and I am so so so grateful to be growing this little baby and have really enjoyed (almost) every moment of having this little one inside me. I'm not sure I'll ever get pregnant again.

odStarting around midway through the second trimester I started to get a bit sad thinking about not being pregnant anymore. As much as I'm looking forward to meeting this baby and starting the next phase - I'll really miss being pregnant. Of course, over the last several weeks my by has been preparing me to let go, I can feel it. The design of pregnancy really is amazing! Moving more slowly, feeling the discomfort a bit more acutely, etc - I can feel the physical changes affecting my emotional readiness - but still. I don't want it to end.

Maybe these last few weeks will get me there, but I was wondering if anyone is doing anything special to say goodbye to pregnancy? Any kind of rite of passage for you and baby (besides the obvious - birth!) that you are planning to acknowledge this time ending? Any experience with these feeling leading into or being wrapped up with PPD? I'd love to hear of others' plans to let go.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 AM

Nothign special planned but I'm having the same feelings. My pregnancy was a breeze (after 6 years of work to get pregnant) and it's only been since week 37 I've had any discomfort. I think my body is getting me ready. If I birthed before 37 weeks I know I would have missed it terribly. Maybe now I'll be able to let go gracefully and just concentrate on the next great stage.

Alicia - Mother to DS (12) and finally expecting another
Living on 100 acres with the love of my life, our son, goats, chickens, ducks, a cat and 2 Chesapeakes!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM

nothing planned either. Just enjoying everyday. I must say though, the title of your post made me want to cry. I cant believe its ending. Wow, it felt like we just got on this ride.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 PM

I'm in the same boat too - struggled to get pregnant, enjoyed these wonderful 8 months and am now thinking ahead, wondering if I will mourn no longer being pregnant. I hadn't thought of a ritual or something to help ease the transition. I have a month to go and still feel good, although a little more tired out and some swelling in my feet. I have been counting on the same thing you all are - the likelihood of more discomfort in the final weeks to help me move on. I also worry that I'll forget how this all feels physically. I wonder if taking some time each day to simply enjoy the sensations will be helpful - not taking for granted what's going on.
Thanks for bringing this up, pleasantlyfurious...you're not alone and I appreciate that others are struggling with the same thing.

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 PM

This pregnancy I plan on FINALLY getting maternity photos done. I am just cherishing everyday and loving every movement. I have known since we got pregnant this will be our last and I have just tried to enjoy every step of the way.

I also want to do a belly cast this pregnancy, and plan on writing bean a letter in my last days. (this is my first girl so it means a heck of a lot being our last baby and first girl).

Most of all I am trying to come to terms that this WAS hard, and that yes I definitely am DONE.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!

User Tag List