Mr Potato head's interchangeable sasquach feets - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Um, I would like my feet back please. These salamis with vienna sausages cannot be my feet. Who made me a Mr Potato head and why?

Yesterday I had normal pre pregnancy feet. Today, I poked them to see if they really were me!

Of course today is the baby shower and I get to REALLY waddle like this.

Anyone else's body doin weird things?

Oh and by the way, the midwife says the baby is big. I said that's great. She asked if I had any of my children early. I said no, then she said well you might.

LOL thanks!

Well I'm "due" (four dif due dates, thanks docs) May 17 but I don't think I'm goin that long. Just have a feelin I'm gonna have her in about a week to two weeks.

*le sigh*
Olivia

(reading post cards from the Bump)
#2 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 AM

I hear you. My cankles are out of control!!!! My vag is feeling pretty swollen up these days too.

I'm due the 11th but I feel Jack is coming sooner. Also in the next 2 weeks or so.

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#3 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

oooh maybe we'll have em on the same day! My first date was supposed to be May 11th too They've given me 4 (the last one was the second sono date). I've had four of those too

Anyway, I hope you have an awesome delivery!

Mine is a waterbirth. I'm so excited! Hot bath for me! lol Ooh yes, the pressure on the vag. sometimes I want to pick up the belly and hold it like that instead
#4 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM

my sister calls my feet "stay-puft marshmallow feet." by the end of the night they are INSANE. actually the past few days they've been relatively good comparatively but if you saw them and heard me say that you'd feel really sorry for me.

my nose also gets bigger in pregnancy. luckily this all goes back to normal within a few days of birthin' (or did last time, anyway).

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#5 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynkenblynken&nod View Post
oooh maybe we'll have em on the same day! My first date was supposed to be May 11th too They've given me 4 (the last one was the second sono date). I've had four of those too

Anyway, I hope you have an awesome delivery!

Mine is a waterbirth. I'm so excited! Hot bath for me! lol Ooh yes, the pressure on the vag. sometimes I want to pick up the belly and hold it like that instead
That would be awesome if we had them on the same day!

A water birth sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn_warbler View Post
my sister calls my feet "stay-puft marshmallow feet." by the end of the night they are INSANE. actually the past few days they've been relatively good comparatively but if you saw them and heard me say that you'd feel really sorry for me.

my nose also gets bigger in pregnancy. luckily this all goes back to normal within a few days of birthin' (or did last time, anyway).
Mine are pretty bad, too. I can't wait to get back to normal!

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#6 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 01:06 PM

My feet were/are the most alarming part of the final stages of my pregnancy b/c they are/were so gigantic! Stay Puft Marshmellow man is a great description! I liken my feet to the people from WALL-E who are stuck in their chairs on the spaceship and have ridiculous looking feet.

My right one is slowly losing it's fluid but my right foot is just as swollen--no fair!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#7 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Yeah the phone rang this morning...it was Shrek. He wanted his feet returned. That pizza I ate last night did me nothing but evil. First the heartburn crept to my ears and had me literally gagging. Now my feet AND fingers are all swelled up. Why did I eat pizza? Blah!

I'm very much going to gorge myself on straight protein this week with some greeny greens from Trader Joe's, loads of water and tea and some light chores/movement. At 34.2, I'm not willing to have BP creep in and ruin my home birth so swelling is on my red flag take action list.

That and it's really uncomfortable! Walking around the house I can feel how tight my ankles are. Booo for swelling!

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#8 of 8 Old 04-18-2010, 09:17 PM

Okay, now I feel better about my puffy feet, cause I ain't as bad as you poor mamas! But seriously, all the sudden, here comes the swelling. I don't remember getting this w/DD last time until AFTER I had her. Then, holy cow!

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page