If ONE more person remarks about how huge I am, I am going to threaten to give birth on them... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mean, really, if you say this to any normal woman she'll belt you one. Why is it considered ok to do to a pregnant frazzled and self conscious woman???

I don't want to hear:

Wow, can we both get down the hallway at the same time

Oh gosh you're waddling

It keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Are there more than one?

Is it normal to get that big?

GROSS, ITS MOVING

And if they say any one of those things I swear I am going to threaten to have my water break on them. I have no qualms about waddling down the hallway with my legs farther apart than normal saying "no its ok come here, I want you to experience this"

*somewhat calm now*

lol

Olivia

Lydia expected any day now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDC crashing! I get huge when I'm pregnant, so I get that ALL THE TIME. And it drives me insane. I'm only 15 weeks right now, but I look more like 5 or 6 months, so people are already like GEE YOU'RE REALLY BIG! THANKS I HADN'T NOTICED

Uggh. With dd3 I was at a LLL Leaders conference and 5.5 months pregnant. Some lady was all "Oh are you having twins" and when I said no she got snarky and was like "Well I've had twins, I'm positive you are. You're enormous." I was like "Well lady I've had 2 u/s and they only showed ONE BABY."

Gah.
#3 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

My grandma told me to be like "what do you mean?"
when they say well when are you due

I should just say "Oh I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat" and let them wallow in itI adore my grandma
#4 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM

TWO co-workers asked me if I was having twins on Friday, including one who had twins. They also expressed amazement that I have more than another month to go.

THEN a "friend" on facebook commented, "I'm flabbergasted that you can still move! Holy smokes!" He's a nurse. You'd think that he'd have some idea of what a pregnant woman looks like.

Gee thanks, people.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#5 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Someone actually said "Gross, it's moving!"? That is really weird and disturbing. Many of these comments are just thoughtlessness. People can't keep their mouths shut anymore.

I actually don't mind when people say I'm huge. I have a great big belly and I love it. I'm in awe that my body can stretch so much to grow my kids. What I do mind is the comments about if I've dropped or not. This is only valid with first-timers. With subsequent pregnancies, babies often don't drop until labor begins. You'd think the women who have had multiple kids would know this and not ask.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.
#6 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM

Right there with ya, had it with the comments. I am more hormonal this time and it's really getting on my nerves. I try to say something to make them feel stupid for making the comments now. So not my personality, but I have been really sassy lately. It's like they look at you like you're crazy for getting out of the bed in the morning with this "condition". :-P

Proud Mama to my boys Noah and Elijah, my angel baby, and baby girl due May 7th, 2010.
#7 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
Someone actually said "Gross, it's moving!"? That is really weird and disturbing. Many of these comments are just thoughtlessness. People can't keep their mouths shut anymore.
I was at out local nutrition/supplement store the other day, chatting with the owner...a guy my age I am friends with. There was some dude in there kind of joining in our conversation about the pregnancy, babies, etc. He said "yeah, when my ex was having our baby I could actually see it move in her stomach....it was really nasty."

We both were like, uhhhhhh, I bet your ex is really bummed to you are the ex, lol.
#8 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM

This thread is making me

Especially the mental image of OP waddling towards someone threatening to gush amniotic fluid on them. LOLOLOLOL I will steal this line if needed.

My own DH has said, "ew, freaky" when he sees the baby move. Goofball.

Give em hell, ladies!

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#9 of 16 Old 04-19-2010, 05:14 PM

My grandmother is the worst at this... whenever she sees me all she can do is talk about how big I'm getting. And than she calls my mom and tells her about how big I'm getting and it's amazing that I can get any bigger!

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
#10 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 01:57 AM

I havent had anyone say I am big except for get this.... a clown at farmers market! She was making a balloon spider for my son and asked how much longer I had to go. I told her 4 weeks and she screams "Oh my gosh how can you last that long, you look so uncomfortable and can hardly walk!" And she says this in front of about 10 other people.
#11 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 AM

If one more person tells me that my belly looks small, I am going to snap .
Every single person that I know says that my belly looks small. And it doesn't!!! It is perfectly average! So annoying

Sophie

Sophie, wife to DH, AP mama to DD1 (12/07) and DD2 (04/10)
#12 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Sophie - me too. Everyone tells me I look small, not ready to deliver in 2 weeks. I am long waisted and just don't get very big out front. But like you, I am measuring right on target. We all get the comments - just glad mine haven't been so rude!!

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#13 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM

AMEN!

I am so tired of people asking me how long I have and then responding with an incredulous look when I tell them a few more weeks.

Most of my family is convinced that I won't make it to May because tomato has dropped and I am staying active. I am so tired of people in general. Tomato will come when the time is right. Meanwhile I will waddle around with my big belly and keep on keepin' on.

Trying to make my grand scheme a reality!

#14 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 PM

I've been told "you're ready to pop any day now" since about 19 weeks. I get the twins comment all. The. Time.

BFPChart2.gif

#15 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM

I know! I just want to hide at home so I don't have to hear it anymore.

It was incredibly cute and endearing, however, when my four year old told me today "Mama! Your belly is getting WAY too big for all your shirts."

Silly boy!
#16 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 PM

My biggest pet peeve right now is the "Bless your heart dear"

I am bigger than a house right now and rightfully so carrying 2 babies, LOL!
My fundus is measuring about 47-48 cm right now so I realize it is going to attract some attention, OK a lot, but it still bugs me. You'd be surprised how many people feel the need to say "Bless your heart" to me on a daily basis! And I've been getting the "Your gonna pop any time now" for months. No one thought I woud make it full term because of how big I am and everyone felt the need to tell me so. Well I am 36 weeks now so poo on them!!

Kind of funny though my niece was in the hospital about 3 weeks ago (that's parts not funny of course) and I went to go see her. I had to go through the ER because she had not been admitted to the pediatric floor yet. When I came in the nurse at the ER thought I was there in labor. She was about to get a nurse to bring me a wheel chair! I think it is kind of silly because I was casually talking to my mom while walking in and trust me if I had been in labor I would have never been that calm.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page