The possible labor symptoms thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got another one for you ladies. My boobs really are starting to hurt the last few days. sore like in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Im also pretty nauseous today. oh and yesterday and today the tiredness hit me like a truck. I was typing at work and i started to doze of at the computer. That NEVER happens. I remember being tired like this just 2 days before I had DS, I nearly fell asleep standing up in the shower!

BFPChart2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM

One day until EDD & I surprisingly feel good today. Got more sleep last night which I'm sure helps. Still having crampy ctx (period-like). Both my DH & sis had dreams that I delivered last night. Maybe it's a sign.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 04-30-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I just had 4 pretty painful contractions back to back.... maybe its something? just maybe???

BFPChart2.gif

Old 04-30-2010, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

so contractions have been here and there, some bh but def painful ones too. Im having loose bm, upset tummy and I just checked the tp in the bathroom and looks like my mucus plug is coming out! something is def happening.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 04-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Wow, OPM! Sounds very cool. Keep us posted.

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
so contractions have been here and there, some bh but def painful ones too. Im having loose bm, upset tummy and I just checked the tp in the bathroom and looks like my mucus plug is coming out! something is def happening.
Ohhh I hope this is it for you!! Keep us posted!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

things have slowed down a bit since my last post. But I think it may be in the next few days... we shall see.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 PM

I am still having low low cramps in front w backache, bits of mucus coming out every now and again (one time was pink-tinged), a bout of projectile vomming/acid reflux is bad, having hot flashes and bewbs are hard as rocks with now milk coming out too if I press (I never ever leak!).
I was over 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced on Wednesday...been having sex and doing EPO ever since...even took a clary sage bath (w lavender and neroli) today. *knocks wood*
I would love love love to have a Beltane Baby on May Day...

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Things seem to be heating up around here!!

I have had BH's all.day.today. As in from the moment I woke up. And they are making me feel sick in my stomach. Lots of nausea. I feel like it could be any time..baby's has been in good position and putting lots of pressure on my cervix today. I'm ready whenever you are baby!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
got another one for you ladies. My boobs really are starting to hurt the last few days. sore like in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Im also pretty nauseous today.
Same here. Sore boobs, totally nauseous. Last night from about 12-6am I had sporadic but serious contractions. All I could think about was trying to sleep through them because I have to wrap up a freelance project this weekend. I can't imagine trying to work during actual labor or post-baby! Erp. Things calmed down and I finally slept after 6, but still feeling crampy and blah now. But I'm take all of these symptoms as I never felt a thing before induction with my first. It's really such an amazing process and I hope to experience it all w/o another hospital induction for going post-date.

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Having upset tummy/ cramping. I was in the middle of eating my yummy breakfast and all of a sudden I wanted to barf. I have the BM feeling again and nothing going on. More mucus plug this morning.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Well after yesterday's appointment MW said I am most definitely in early labor...up to a 2 and the crampiness that I am having isn't BH but some great work being done by my body to efface my cervix even more...

She said she'd be surprised if I hit my due date, I could honestly go at anytime. So now we're just waiting it out, trying to ignore the waves of cramps, and see when bean decides she's ready.

Baby shower is tomorrow..ds2 has his end of the year program Friday and my ds1 is getting baptized on Mother's Day...I SO have to be there for both!! (I just haven' t planned on having a baby with me too )

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
Well after yesterday's appointment MW said I am most definitely in early labor...up to a 2 and the crampiness that I am having isn't BH but some great work being done by my body to efface my cervix even more...

She said she'd be surprised if I hit my due date, I could honestly go at anytime. So now we're just waiting it out, trying to ignore the waves of cramps, and see when bean decides she's ready.

Baby shower is tomorrow..ds2 has his end of the year program Friday and my ds1 is getting baptized on Mother's Day...I SO have to be there for both!! (I just haven' t planned on having a baby with me too )
This was me at week 37...was 2 cm dilated, effacing and feeling cramps. My OB said I would likely have birth that week.
Its now week 38 + 4 days and as of Wednes. I was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced...still cramping and having backache, losing plug but no baby.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Today I woke up with a sharp stabbing pain on my right side. Totally feels like RL pain. But it won't go away. It's there weather I am sitting, standing, movin or still.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Today I woke up with a sharp stabbing pain on my right side. Totally feels like RL pain. But it won't go away. It's there weather I am sitting, standing, movin or still.
I had a similar pain, but more in my pubic bone. Still felt a lot like RL pain more than anything else. Mine went away once I got up. Also had some on & off period-like cramping & back pain while lying in bed, but it seems to have disappeared now that I'm up. Back pain is still there and LO is moving ALOT.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Oooo lost a big chunk of mucus plug today btw how big is that sucker anyway? Lol

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-04-2010, 09:04 AM

Don't know if I'm really having any symptoms, but seeing I'm up at 4:30 am for no good reason, thought I'd post.

Reason I'm up?? Moderate pain/achiness in my pubic area & back. It's not ctx, but uncomfortable enough to keep from sleeping. Think bad menstrual cramps. Couldn't find a comfortable position in bed, so I finally just got up. I've been drinking some water and sitting on the birth ball for about a 1/2 hour. No relief, but no progression either. I have an appt later today, so we'll see what the mw says.

On a more positive note, I was able to get some things done for work (even though I'm on leave), so I can relax more today when I finally crash

Old 05-04-2010, 09:19 AM

please please please don't let this tiredness, achyness, intestinal (maybe) campiness, moodiness, chunky streachy mucusy discharge, and generally feeling "odd" be impending labour....

I need to make it to the 13th.....
Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Oooo lost a big chunk of mucus plug today btw how big is that sucker anyway? Lol
It regenerates daily mama, so it can keep coming out and keep coming out.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM

I am so frustrated right now. Was up last night with what felt like real contractions, but they never got regular and eventually tapered off, leaving me with period-like cramps. I finally got to sleep with the help of a hot water bottle. During the couple of hours that I was having contractions, bub was moving tons. This morning she feels way higher up. She dropped noticeably almost two weeks ago, and the OB confirmed that her head was in my pelvis at the last appointment. Now the lower part of my tummy is softer, and the higher part is hard and bumpy, like her little butt is back up under my ribs. I was having tons of cervical pressure last night so I don't get it. She's also super quiet so I'm going to try having some juice and lying down for a bit. :/ I just wish I knew what was going on!

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

This may not be a symptom but last night was the worst night ever for hip/leg pain. You know when you lay on one side for too long your hip starts to hurt? Well I had to turn every 30 min from how bad my hips hurt. The pain would wake me up. Then the backs of my legs would ache like growin pains. What is this? It's not leg cramps I had plenty of those with ds this is more of aches.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

So I did a ton of stuff around the house yesterday. Add to that chasing after my 2 yr old and my sister left her 3 week old with me to babysit for the whole day. I should have been pooped but I was full of energy the whole night and had a hard time going to sleep. This energy surge carried over to today where I am totally nesty! I've dusted, vaccuumed, washed dishes, organized the pantry, cleaned the fridge, cleaned the windows, cleaned the stove and oven, cleaned the kitchen walls and I'm still going!! I have to do the bathroom, mop the floors, clean the dog cages... This list goes on but I'm pumped I feel awesome to do all this. I have to be getting close. (I need to be close lol) I'm 39+4 today.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
This may not be a symptom but last night was the worst night ever for hip/leg pain. You know when you lay on one side for too long your hip starts to hurt? Well I had to turn every 30 min from how bad my hips hurt. The pain would wake me up. Then the backs of my legs would ache like growin pains. What is this? It's not leg cramps I had plenty of those with ds this is more of aches.
i had a rough night last night for this exact reason.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Lo has been super active the last few hours. I had loose bm and now I have slight cramps coming about every 10-15 min or so. Lots of pressure. Just went to the bathroom and lots of clear mucus.. Maybe early bloody show before the blood??

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Awful cervical pains....almost like I can feel it getting some work done. Baby is insanely active. Bowels are a bit skiddish. And lots of loss of mucus chunks in the last 48 hrs. After Dr telling me Monday I was between 3 and 4cm I am a bit more paranoid about symptom analyzing.

Only 36w5d right now and really would like baby to cook until 38w+. At the very minimum, getting through this weekend would break me past 37wks which would make me feel better.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:25 AM

This is my first post in here. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. I lost some of my mucous plug this morning. After that had about three hours of low back ache, menstral cramp ctx. As I was going thru my bag to make sure I had it all packed I noticed the ctx disappeared. They have some back some but they are more bh ctx this afternoon. I have had a good bit of pressure down there but I keep pulling in my stomach muscles without realizing it. I constantly feel like I have to go to the bathroom. I have been tired today and just not feeling quiet right. I am hoping this is the start because if I do not go into labor soon my doc is going to do a c-section on me because of the baby's size. We shall see.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:14 AM

It must be the day for all this crap... *sigh* I don't know why I'm in such a hurry for this baby, but he sure is taking his sweet time anyway!!
Today, I woke up feeling crampy and with a low, dull backache. Felt this was interesting after having a HUGE chunk of mucus show up late last night during a pee break. Had a few bouts of BHs throughout the day, felt sick-stomach-y... had several loose BMs (TMI, I know, but who cares at this point?!). Then, tonight, the ctx suddenly organized and I was having quite intense, crampy ctx every 5 minutes, lasting about a minute each. I was getting excited when I passed the one-hour mark & still contracting. Thirty minutes later, NOTHING. Had a couple more ctx, maybe 20-30 min apart? Another trip to the potty for upset stomach... blah. I'm so sick of this. I took a hot shower, hoping to quell the stupid BHs for tonight. I'm SO freaking exhausted from being up every.single.freaking.night. for HOURS with these ctx. I don't need anymore "prep" work to be done; here I sit at 4 cm. My cervix is more than ready. I just need REAL, consistent contractions.
Really. I don't know how much longer I can do this. I feel like crying!!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
Old 05-07-2010, 01:45 AM

I hit my wall. 40w1d here and I just want this to be over. I have been the biggest whiner today but I.AM.DONE. And I have been crying off and on today. I feel like poop. Yesterday was amazing, I felt amazing, did my grocery shopping, cleaned the house, did laundry etc. and felt amazing until I went to bed at 11pm. And today, complete opposite. I can't walk due to the pressure..my tummy hurts from all the tight BH's. Laying down is uncomfortable..uuugh, this isn't fun anymore. I am having nausea and have a slight headache. muscles are all complaining..

Is this considered a possible labor symptom??

It would be cool if baby came tonight/tomorrow..its my daddy's birthday tomorrow.

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 AM

I think labor may not be far off for me either...

The pressure down there....the heartburn....

And now I want to puke and have the runs as well....

There is only one day I do not want this baby to make in appearance on --- May 8th....
Old 05-08-2010, 05:16 PM

Lost a huge glob of plug this morning!!! Baby is super low and I am very achey/crampy down there. I'm 40+3 so I am hoping that this is the beginning of the real deal. *fingers crossed*

User Tag List