The possible labor symptoms thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 173 Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7swans View Post
Where is this nesting urge I'm supposed to have?
Yeah, ditto. Nesting energy longggggggggggggggg gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 173 Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Had my first real go around with "I think this may be it" this morning. Been spotting a touch since exam yesterday morning, but lost a couple huge globs of bloody mucus this morning early, after being up with new low back pain all night. For about 3-4hrs I had intermittent low back pain (luckily had None of that this pregnancy) the was accompanied by period-like cramps. I felt the same way the day before I went into labor with DD1. I was sure that was it, just because it felt SO similar.

Laid down at noon with DD2 to sleep, dozed off right after what I would call a first solid starting in the back moving to the front with a definate peak and reallly hurt contraction...... woke up, and while I am still having a low back dull ache and some cramping, the intenseness has subsided, dangit. At least I got an hour nap, if nothing else.

Going to get dinner in the crock pot, pick up DD1 from school, go to the gym and pretend like it didn't happen.
#123 of 173 Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Since I had NO (like zero, nada, zilch) indications of labour before DS was born. I have no idea what to be looking for lol ( well besides reading all of your posts and seeing who delivers ) But I have been having bouts of painful contractions in the evenings and this afternoon which makes me worry that I really won`t know when it`s real. so I am doing "forced nesting" on the off chance I don't hold out for the next ten days.... you know since we moved 4 weeks ago there is plenty of stuff to be done. I am currently making a few meals for the freezer which will make me feel a little more "ready"

femalesling.GIFMama to intact DS Dec 06 and intact DS May 10......Looking to declutter 2012 items in 2012! (27/2012)

#124 of 173 Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM

randomly spaced mild achy contractions since last night I did get to sleep and slept ok. I might be gearing up, or not this is my first so I have no idea really.....
#125 of 173 Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Lost a lot of blood tinged mucous today and have had a lot of contractions... although none of the contractions seem to be "it" and I've stopped timing them out of sheer frustration. Surely after hours and hours of contractions they would feel stronger by now. I'm still functioning fine.

Went to grocery store this afternoon to stock up. DS is plopped down in front of a movie and I plan to keep him there until bedtime -- which unfortunately won't be until 9 or so since he took a great nap today.

I feel like a watched pot and this royally sucks.

2.2006 * DS 12.24.2006 * Newbie due 5.19.2010 * planning our first
#126 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Is nausea a possible symptom of labor?

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010
#127 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 AM

well lots of cramping low tonight...back aches...and tons of mucous....no other signs yet but I'm trying to breathe through the waves...

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#128 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 09:00 AM

After contrx all evening, culminating with 2 around 2am that woke me up and doubled me over, I fell back asleep and NOTHING this morning.

With the exception of a handful of BH with my first two, I never had painful contrx prior to labor, and only had the low abdominal cramping and low back ache a day or two prior to labor.

So BAH for this one breaking the mold. Back to the normal life races today.
#129 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM

last night was a long one here too...the back cramps intensified and then I dealt with sharp cramps in front....was able to sleep few hours at a time but was woken to some hard ones twice....about 4 hours of sleep later I'm up dh got called out last minute to a rig...and I have an appt at 11...and he seemed nervous to go...You could see it in his eyes though that he is getting excited...he hasn't said anything to me other than last night of "you having a baby yet" to which I grunted and moaned at him as I worked through another cramp...but yeah this morning he looked pretty happy...who knows where this is leading us...but my back is still cramping this morning and I'm getting waves of them in my lower stomach.....all I want to do is curl up in a ball in bed and ride it out...but I KNOW that it won't help only walking will....but man my bed sounds so GOOD right now...but ds2 isn't having that desire either

..Fused & Fabulous!
#130 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
last night was a long one here too...the back cramps intensified and then I dealt with sharp cramps in front....was able to sleep few hours at a time but was woken to some hard ones twice....about 4 hours of sleep later I'm up dh got called out last minute to a rig...and I have an appt at 11...and he seemed nervous to go...You could see it in his eyes though that he is getting excited...he hasn't said anything to me other than last night of "you having a baby yet" to which I grunted and moaned at him as I worked through another cramp...but yeah this morning he looked pretty happy...who knows where this is leading us...but my back is still cramping this morning and I'm getting waves of them in my lower stomach.....all I want to do is curl up in a ball in bed and ride it out...but I KNOW that it won't help only walking will....but man my bed sounds so GOOD right now...but ds2 isn't having that desire either
I hear you about just wanting to curl up. My FIL took my 2yp for the morning and I thought about just going right back to bed. But I dragged booty to the gym. If a little stair master can't irritate her enough to come out, then she can just stay there till August.
#131 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM

ugh!

well appt went great...MW told me to go home in case this picks up tonight and we get a baby! I am still SO sore in my lower back and the cramps are killer....nothing regular yet and I am just roaming the house trying to walk them out...

I am really wondering if this even WILL pick up...I never felt like this with my other two...didn't know labor COULD even start like this till talking it out with the MW few weeks back even...and getting more and more antsy as I cramp more and more.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#132 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Had some spotting just now. Reddish pink. How much spotting is considered to be bloody show? I'm guessing this small amount isn't very notable.

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#133 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDoulaMama View Post
Had some spotting just now. Reddish pink. How much spotting is considered to be bloody show? I'm guessing this small amount isn't very notable.
That counts, in my experience. With DD1 I had one wipe w/ reddish pink, not much, and was in labor w/in 24hrs. I predict you go into labor in the next couple days.
#134 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Yep! I concur with DeCHRi!!!!

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#135 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carliegirl View Post
Yep! I concur with DeCHRi!!!!
See? It's official!
#136 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 PM

ah, i just had a bit of bloody show a couple hours ago...within 24 hours is not soon enough!
I want to meet my baby

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#137 of 173 Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeChRi View Post
That counts, in my experience. With DD1 I had one wipe w/ reddish pink, not much, and was in labor w/in 24hrs. I predict you go into labor in the next couple days.
Awesome. Within the next couple of days would be fantastic!

Crossing my fingers!

#138 of 173 Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDoulaMama View Post
Awesome. Within the next couple of days would be fantastic!

Crossing my fingers!
Sending labor vibes down to you from NW KS!
#139 of 173 Old 05-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Woo! Thanks! No labor yet... Headed to my last day of work!

#140 of 173 Old 05-14-2010, 11:29 AM

Woot! Bloody show this morning!

I tried a new tactic. Instead of keeping on top of everything (it only takes 36hrs for everything to go downhill around here!!), I just let it slide. 5 loads of laundry to fold and put away, kitchen floor to mop, 8 pies to bake, sink full of dishes, bathroom that needs cleaning... and it appears to be working!

Truck load of cement was postponed from last week until today so DH is off work at 1pm and cement shows up at 2.

Reverse psychology is awesome!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#141 of 173 Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM

After losing a ton of mucous at 35 weeks and then nothing until this morning, I wiped a bit away earlier. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. Tomorrow is also hubby's birthday. I'm hoping to wait until the 23rd to have her because 3 of our 4 were born on the 23rd of their month. I would be 40+1. Pretty different from wanting to stay in now that we are so close to "due date" when I was dealing with preterm issues and expecting her to come and she didn't. Last pregnancy I lost the plug the day before DS2 birth though.
I haven't had a prenatal appt since 36 weeks-was at 2cm and 40%effaced-because we lost our health insurance, so I don't know where I'm at but I don't care anyway, it's not going to tell me when I'll go into labor.
Other symptoms-bh's, having to pee more often especially at night when I drink more water, after emptying my bladder having to drink more water otherwise it feels horrible when her head rubs up against my bones like there is no water bag there to protect her-ouch, very painful, feet swelling up alot-usually they don't hurt and go back to normal by morning but last night it hurt so much to walk and were still a little swollen when I woke up. Need to stay off my feet until tonight so I can go up to the farm and clean out the chicken coop. Other then that doing pretty good.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#142 of 173 Old 05-14-2010, 04:38 PM

I have bloody show this morning too!! wohoo!!! Birth is just around the corner!! yay, finally!!!!

Oh yeah, and i let my laundry and vaccuming go too!! hehe Now I am playing catch up!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#143 of 173 Old 05-15-2010, 11:04 AM

Congrats, Melissa!! Hope to be reading your birth story soon!

I had some brownish-tinged mucus yesterday and several VERY large chunks last night... how much is IN there?? LOL I know it can regenerate, but this is a LOT of mucus chunkage in a short amount of time... Nothing else to even hint that labor will be coming soon. EDD is tomorrow. *sigh*

In related news, my DD2 turns 6 today! With her, I was 41+1, went to bed at midnight a little peeved that I was still pregnant. At 1:35 AM, I woke up and had to get out of bed because I was having a contraction that was so intense I felt the need to be on hands and knees. The ctx came every 5 minutes; within a hour I had woken up DH, called my sister to meet us at the hospital to get DD1, gotten DD1 and myself dressed, called the midwives. Got to the hospital around 3-ish, checked at 3:15--I was 3 cm and they told me I could stay or go back home. I decided to stay because it was very intense. Worked through each intense ctx till 4:30 AM when I told my DH I would DIE if I didn't get some drugs!! MW came in to check me to "see if I was dilated enough now for the epidural" and I was 9.5 cm. My bag of waters was bulging on both sides of my cervix, keeping me from dilating anymore and she asked what I wanted to do. I still briefly considered the epidural! LOL! I told her to break the bag and she did, then went into the hall to gather the birthing supplies. I started YELLING that I needed to push and she ran back in, grabbed some gloves from the box on the wall, washed her hands and said "Go ahead!". She sat down at the end of my bed just in time to catch my girl; she shot out all at once on the very first push!!
I can't say I wasn't hoping for a repeat performance last night/this morning, but, alas, I am still pregnant with this little guy! I really hope I don't make it to 41+1 again, but I wouldn't mind another short labor!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#144 of 173 Old 05-15-2010, 11:28 AM

We've stopped again...30 hours of constant cramps that got up to 7-10 mins apart after the first day...had some that doubled me over or would wake me...constant back cramps...today nothing...I feel so pain free this morning and GREAT. So the boys and I are heading out to a Museum this morning and a park to play for awhile...The goal is to walk walk walk.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#145 of 173 Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 AM

Well, I had the pink spotting for a couple of hours and then it went away. Nothing else has happened.

Today is my EDD, and yesterday was my last day at work. During this time I will enjoy resting and relaxing before our baby girl comes along...

#146 of 173 Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 PM

KSdoulamama - Same boat exactly Today is my due date, I had bloody show this morning for an hour or two and I got a excited only for that to be the most eventful thing of the day!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#147 of 173 Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 PM

Today is my b-day and tomorrow is my due date. But....Absolutely NOTHING going on labor-wise. No mucus, no show, no Bh, no ctx, no twinges. I feel great: lots of energy, no real complaints of major pain other than the usual end of pregnancy uncomfies. My mood bounces around a lot, and of course peeing all the time, but that's typical. Looks like this is going to be my first girl that is going to be be born on her EDD (which I kinda doubt), or late (looks more and more like that's how things are gonna be). Im only abut 1 1/2cm, cervix still posterior and baby girl's head is still high. Im a bit frustrated, but Ive gone 3 days late, 8days late, and 15days late with my 3 of my 4 boys, so if she stays in I will do my best to hold onto my zen. Maybe I will take a scrounge around in the medicine cabinet b4 bed and see if I have any EPO left over from my last late baby. Heck, can't hurt to try...
Going to enjoy some chocolate cake with caramel frosting and mini snickers bars that Dh and the kiddos made me and just try to relax and enjoy my day. Hope to have more encouraging signs soon. Hang in there everyone still waiting!!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#148 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 07:02 AM

Happy (belated) bday, sweet tart! It was my DD2's birthday, too. Today is my EDD, so it's yours, too. Hope you enjoyed your cake; it sounds absolutely DIVINE!!

I am wondering about this little guy. I'm up WAY too early; SO not a morning person, rarely up before 8 unless the kids are, and I got up this morning at 5. Feeling a little crampy, but nothing to get worked up over. I've never had a baby on my EDD, so that would be cool/weird/new. All my girls were late, my son was early due to pre-e, so I'm wondering what this new guy is up to in there. Hubby working nights all weekend has had me quite anxious, especially sitting here at 3+ cm... I've never been more than 1 cm before labor started and generally go from 3 to delivered in about 2-3 hours, but I've done it in as little as 1.5 hrs...
The plan is for church this morning, maybe a cookout this afternoon (if I feel like it, I've been swelling so much lately, afternoons are not so comfortable with temps in the high 90s), church this evening... maybe some labor and a baby sometime?? Ha. One can hope!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#149 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 08:31 AM

I am still 12 days away from my due date. In the last couple of days I have gone from feeling quite good to feeling very slow and having a lot of pain in my pubic bone and inner hips. I have a feeling the baby has gone a bit lower into my pelvis.

I have also had a real urge to clean and get everything super organized.

Baby was LOA at my last chiro appointment. My cervix is still really high, barely reachable. When I do reach it it is really soft and more then a finger tip open. I have a lot of milky white discharge (I thought it was supposed to be egg white?!).

Tons more braxton-hicks, especially when DD is nursing. They can be more crampy then the typical tightening.

Ideally baby won't come until my due date, but feeling so uncomfortable is making me hope she shows up earlier!

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#150 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie77 View Post
I am still 12 days away from my due date. In the last couple of days I have gone from feeling quite good to feeling very slow and having a lot of pain in my pubic bone and inner hips. I have a feeling the baby has gone a bit lower into my pelvis.

Ideally baby won't come until my due date, but feeling so uncomfortable is making me hope she shows up earlier!

Yeah this. We are due at the same time and this is the first of my three pregnancies that I am truly this miserable at the end. Back hurts, everything is a struggle. I never hit this point with the other two. I am TRYING to stay zen, but it isn't working. I want her to come when she is ready. I just hope she is ready ANY DAY, lol.

I have had tons of chunks of mucus plug (add me to that list of people posting: How big is that sucker!?), had a crud load of contrax until yesterday, now yesterday and today Notta. I have slept well the last couple nights which is a nice break.

My first came at 40w, my second at 39w, so being 38w now, I really hope she comes in the next few days.

REALLY hoping this drive over an hour away with my fam today to sit at a ball game in the rain will convince her to make a break for it, lol. At this point I would rather have her a professional baseball game or on the side of the interstate than be pregnant a bunch longer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page