The possible labor symptoms thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woke up at 4:45 am to some pretty convincing cramping/contractions. Thought maybe this was the beginning. Went back to sleep and they went away. Got up at 7:30 to pee, found a big wet spot in my undies. Thought maybe I was leaking amniotic fluid. Spot smelled like pee. I guess the baby nudged me in the bladder a little too hard while I was sleeping or something. Gross!

Pregnancy is so weird.

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#152 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDoulaMama View Post
Woke up at 4:45 am to some pretty convincing cramping/contractions. Thought maybe this was the beginning. Went back to sleep and they went away. Got up at 7:30 to pee, found a big wet spot in my undies. Thought maybe I was leaking amniotic fluid. Spot smelled like pee. I guess the baby nudged me in the bladder a little too hard while I was sleeping or something. Gross!

Pregnancy is so weird.
LOL! After getting to the end of my 3rd pregnancy here, this morning was my very first ever sneeze/pee episode. Blech.

I remember with DD2, I was so done, hadn't slept in a week, and at 2am I rolled over and realized there was a wet spot. I smacked DH and muttered "either my water broke or I wet the bed and either way I am going back to sleep until something forces me to deal with one or the other" lol.
#153 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Pregnancy is so weird.
This happened to me this morning!! At 5:45am. I seriously thought, "this is it, I'm cramping and contracting". Yeah, went pee, went back to bed and now nothing..little bit of cramping..and some more bloody show..I had bloody show Friday, had good contractions all day. Petered out at bedtime. Lossed chunks of plug yesterday and now more bloody show today. Where the heck is this baby?? Taking its sweet time I guess.

My cervix is very soft. Still interior tho, so hard to reach and I would guess 1-2 cm dialated.

Bleh, so tired of the on and off braxton hicks getting my hopes up. I totally ignored them yesterday. same old story.

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#154 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 04:33 PM

I've been leaking SOMETHING all day which leads me to believe that perhaps it IS amniotic fluid and I just thought it smelled like pee? Little dribbles here and there, and I haven't had any pregnancy-related incontinence before. Also, I had a major bowel clean-out about an hour ago... I think my body just moves in baby steps.

#155 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
Happy (belated) bday, sweet tart! It was my DD2's birthday, too. Today is my EDD, so it's yours, too. Hope you enjoyed your cake; it sounds absolutely DIVINE!!!
TY And Happy Belated B-day to your DD! Hope hers was wonderful. Yes, the cake was superb.... even too sweet, but that didnt stop me! Lol.

Today is the big "due date" and still a big fat nothin'. I looked for some EPO last night and didnt have any so took 4 of the 6 kids with me to the grocery store today and picked up a bottle. Made sure I lifted the 50lb bag of dog food into the truck and carried it into the house along with the 20lbs of cat food. Of course that did squat. Took my oldest DS to the pet store to buy food for the turtle and carried my 16mo old DS the whole time (up 2 flights of stairs and back down) and that also did nada. This will be the first girl that has decided to come late, and I am super frustrated. I still feel fine, great in fact, and there is just nothing going on to even give me a hint that labor might be around the corner. DH has been more than accomodating of my "requests", my house is clean top to bottom every day, I go for a long walk every evening after dinner and I check my cervix (with more and more "insistence" every day in the shower. About the only thing Ive noticed is that it has come forward a bit (and only a bit), is very mushy , I can extract some stringy mucus after a check, and Im maybe 2cm tops. Still no Bh's/twinges/ctx. Trying to be patient, I know she will arrive when the time is right but I'M ready NOW!!!e Grrr.. Back to the waiting couch with a rather pouty face.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#156 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Add me to the list of people who woke up at 0530 yesterday morning to pee and had a wet patch. How bizzare is this? I had crampy lower abdo/back pain (not contractions) until lunchtime and some Braxton Hicks with back pain then nothing. And no more fluid loss.

Decided to go and visit the midwives as I was a bit worried that my waters had broken and I wanted to know. So we went in after dinner and the midwife did a speculum - no fluid. Not a surprise but a bit disappointing. As I was 41+3 she offered me a strip and stretch which I said yes to. Unfortunately my cervix is so closed she could not even get one finger in the external os. So, lots of cervical stimulation but, no strip and stretch. When we got home I had quite a few more BH + back pain (and I was starving!) but nothing overnight or this morning except a bit of cervical pain.

We have an appointment with the obstetricians this afternoon so I will ask them to try another s&s.

Very disappointed about the way things are [not] progessing around here.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#157 of 173 Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Is the desire to destroy in a firey rage, every human I come in contact with, a labor symptom? Because if this is going to be awhile longer, I need to either send my children away (and husband, parents, people at the grocery store, people in cars around me, dude directing traffic at ball game, idiot sitting behind us at ball game, idiot sitting next to us at ball game, and every other person in a 3 mile radius of my life today). I am not just grumpy, but purely angry. And at nothing really. Angry. Bitter. I pray for sleep to come swiftly tonight, for my whole house.
#158 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 AM

Still leaking fluid.
Now having some pink spotting getting darker over the past hour.
Contractions every 5 minutes all evening, starting to become sharper and more defined.

Wife has insisted on putting the plastic sheets on the bed and the midwife might start driving soon. (She comes from 4 hours away.)

This might actually be it! I'm going put on some hypnosis and go to bed. We'll see what happens.

#159 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 03:53 PM

I just found out my primary midwife might not be able to attend my birth. She is away a few days before and after my EDD. I feel really sad about this because I really have a better rapport with her... although everyone raves about my backup.

I wasn't going to let her check me, but after she told me the bad news I let her. Apparently I am just 1cm and she can stretch me to 1.5. It is also posterior, which I already knew... but hard which I am confused about since when I have felt it it feels softer then it ever is when I am not pregnant?! I let her do a stretch and sweep, thinking I might regret declining it if I go past May 25. It was horribly painful, and since then I haven't had any increase in anything.

Anyways overall I am having a lot of BH and the babies head isn't moveable, although she didn't say it was engaged. Baby is in a good position too.

I feel pretty discouraged after this appointment. And at the moment with SO many things all needing to get done at the end of the month I am feeling like there is no good time to go into labour (we are closing one house, doing a home reno, need to update health card and drivers license, see our lawyer, real estate agent... UGH)

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#160 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie77 View Post
I just found out my primary midwife might not be able to attend my birth. She is away a few days before and after my EDD. I feel really sad about this because I really have a better rapport with her... although everyone raves about my backup.

I wasn't going to let her check me, but after she told me the bad news I let her. Apparently I am just 1cm and she can stretch me to 1.5. It is also posterior, which I already knew... but hard which I am confused about since when I have felt it it feels softer then it ever is when I am not pregnant?! I let her do a stretch and sweep, thinking I might regret declining it if I go past May 25. It was horribly painful, and since then I haven't had any increase in anything.

Anyways overall I am having a lot of BH and the babies head isn't moveable, although she didn't say it was engaged. Baby is in a good position too.

I feel pretty discouraged after this appointment. And at the moment with SO many things all needing to get done at the end of the month I am feeling like there is no good time to go into labour (we are closing one house, doing a home reno, need to update health card and drivers license, see our lawyer, real estate agent... UGH)
I'm bitter with you. Cept I get to wait until my appt tomorrow to be truly discouraged. If it makes you feel any better, I had an appt the day before DD1 came and was not dilated worth a crap and didn't have any signs. Then woke up the next day in labor. I almost thing this is better that walking around for a month at 3-4cm and the baby's head near falling out, thinking it could be anytime and then it isn't.

Or maybe we are all just crazy at this point????
#161 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Still leaking fluid.
Now having some pink spotting getting darker over the past hour.
Contractions every 5 minutes all evening, starting to become sharper and more defined.

Wife has insisted on putting the plastic sheets on the bed and the midwife might start driving soon. (She comes from 4 hours away.)

This might actually be it! I'm going put on some hypnosis and go to bed. We'll see what happens.
Can't wait to hear an update, good luck mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#162 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 PM

I am 40+1 today and right there with wanting to kill every human I lay eyes on: DH, kids, store clerks, mail-man, anyone that breathes wrong!!

I am either in a red rage, or black depression. I can not ever remember feeling this way with any of the other 6 kids. I have no signs that I can expect a baby soon. I either am crying for no reason, or biting someones head off for no reason. I am beginning to think if I ever do have this baby, that she will be born in an insane asylum. Surely DH and the kids are ready to have me committed at this point.

If I am lucky I think I may be 2cm's tops, still posterior, LO is not engaged (not that I would really expect that with her being my 7th). No BH's, no ctx, nary a twinge in spite of my frantic OCD cleaning, walking, lugging around a very clingy 16mos DS.

So sorry to be so doom and gloom. I am normally very upbeat and zen. I think maybe I have been possessed by the spirit of a madwoman or something. Well, Wed I have an appt with my MW (who is finally back from her maternity leave) and I am going to request a sretch and sweep, I figure it cant hurt anything. Ive been doing internal EPO and night and oral during the day, so maybe that has ripened things a bit. We shall see. Until then I will keep on hanging on. Hope all us mamas-in-waiting have some more birth stories soon.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#163 of 173 Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Right here with ya, Sweet tart. 40+1. Having my nightly contraction-fest as we speak. Hoping against hope this goes somewhere this time! My next appt is Wed, too, and I SO hope I don't make it to that one!
I requested a stretch and sweep last Thurs since my fave OB was on call ALL weekend... nada. Had decent ctx all afternoon that day, followed by my nightly ctx-fest, but... well, I'm still pregnant! My OB is awesome, she told me to go ahead and try another stretch and sweep myself on Thurs evening if nothing was picking up... but, alas, I can't reach far enough to get my fingers into my cervix. I can feel the os, tell that I'm still abt 3.5 cm, but can't get any farther than that...

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#164 of 173 Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 AM

Well, 4 full days of bloody show and still not in active labor. I have had contractions all day today 5-7 min apart. They are sharp and down low but true labor is NOT kicking in. ugh, this is sooooo frustrating!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#165 of 173 Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM

Hang in there ladies! I swear, our anxiety is all about the "due date" which is truly an estimation, at best!

If it became normal in the World of Obstetrics (and ACOG!) to make the due date 2 or 3 weeks later than it currently is, I think we'd have a lot more healthy babies not pulled out for being "past due" and a lot more happy mamas who wouldn't be all fretting about being "late".

I know how hard it is to wait -- it's the height of annoyance. The babies WILL come out.

(((((hugs to all))))

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
#166 of 173 Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

I am feeling very crampy and had really strong and painful BH while DD was nursing this morning. Part of me is so excited that my baby will be in my arms soon... then again I am like "ARRGHHH" I still have so much to do!!

#167 of 173 Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I am feeling very crampy and had really strong and painful BH while DD was nursing this morning. Part of me is so excited that my baby will be in my arms soon... then again I am like "ARRGHHH" I still have so much to do!!
I ping pong between HURRY BABY and NOT READY!! I think it is part of the pregnant crazy. And the fact that after one kiddo you realize you are NEVER really ready.
#168 of 173 Old 05-19-2010, 10:16 PM

tons of cramps tonight that are hurting down low but making my entire stomach hard...I feel confused as to whats going on...trying to just ride them out...they're about 7 to 10 mins apart the last couple hours now....we're due tomorrow...have our 40w appt at the MW...so we'll see.

the house has fallen apart almost so it figures I would have her soon right?

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#169 of 173 Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeChRi View Post
I ping pong between HURRY BABY and NOT READY!! I think it is part of the pregnant crazy. And the fact that after one kiddo you realize you are NEVER really ready.
Right now I so torn... if baby holds off until next week it means i can peacefully watch the LOST season finale! On the other hand I am getting more and more uncomfortable. I am sure I will pregnant FOREVER at this point.

#170 of 173 Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM

I'm 38+4 today. I've been feeling like I need to hoist my belly up to carry it with me for a while, which I'm sure is just a late pregnancy feeling. For the past few days, my ladybits feel sore when I sit to go to the bathroom, like there's something weighing on them.

This morning I woke up with grumbly low back pain. I haven't had any kind of show or anything, but I also have very mild low cramping in the front.

I'm not due until the 30th. I know it doesn't matter because he'll come when he feels like it. But I think these kinds of things could go on for days. We'll see. I'd like it if he stuck around until at least tomorrow for a gemini baby.

I'm sure it will still be a bit, as I'm just really aware of things going on with my body. Although, I'm a little nervous because I have a really high tolerance for pain, and I hope I know when it's the real thing. I've had BH but they don't hurt at all, just tightening.

Grad student Expecting #1 due date May 30th
#171 of 173 Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Is a weird sleep spurt a symptom?

I have not been able to sleep more than an hour or two at night, and have NEVER been able to sleep during the day, even if insanely sleep deprived.

I slept straight through the night last night with the exception of one pee break. Then FIL took DD2 this morning for a couple hours, I sat in the chair and fell asleep for 2 hours! She came home at noon, I laid down with her at 1pm to get her to sleep and crashed hard from 1-3:30pm again!!

Either I was wayyyyy more tired than I thought I was, or my body is fueling up. Other than that, I have actually had my first two contraction free days the last couple days. Had finicky bowels the last couple days but they are finicky in general, so who knows.
#172 of 173 Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM

I lost a big glob of my mucus plug today!! With DD I didn't notice any of it ever, or any blood show...ever. I just started having contractions, and my water was broken when I was about 8cm. I am also having a bit of the runs since yesterday.

I know it doesn't mean anything but for me it does make things feel closer. I do feel a HUGE desire to get everything organized for tomorrow. With DD that happened and I started having contractions that night and had her two days later. If I have this baby by Monday at the latest I get my primary midwife which I would really like.

#173 of 173 Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I lost a big glob of my mucus plug today!! With DD I didn't notice any of it ever, or any blood show...ever. I just started having contractions, and my water was broken when I was about 8cm.

I know it doesn't mean anything but for me it does make things feel closer. I do feel a HUGE desire to get everything organized for tomorrow. With DD that happened and I started having contractions that night and had her two days later. If I have this baby by Monday at the latest I get my primary midwife which I would really like.
OOOOOO, good luck!

I have resigned myself to the fact that this baby won't be here till next week. Oh well. I have crossed over to Totally Defeated, lol.

I hope she comes asap for you!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page