I feel like a moron...possible TMI (update) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but ok I don't THINK that it was anything...I'm thinking I'm good maybe I'm in denial?

So I was out with ds2....I was walking around and then noticed woah I was wet and I felt it on the inside of my legs (I'm wearing a skirt)...nothing big it didn't reach my feet for petes sake

So we got home and I checked so not urine...clear odorless...and well just enough to soak me.

Am I crazy to think it's nothing, I am so not ready for babe...I need to lay down before I freak out....but what would cause this other than PROM?

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 PM

at 37 weeks, I would be calling my OB/MW or whoever. No labor/birth is exactly the same, and my two were completly different.
#3 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM

hmmm, did you have sex recently? a couple weeks ago (tmi!!!!) i ended up feeling a leak and it smelled like nothing. not sweet, not urine, just odorless. i haven't had it since, so i assumed because we had dtd a couple hours earlier it was just some fluid that had found its way out. that's the only conclusion besides rupture of membranes i can think of?

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#4 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Enough to soak you? You know you've gotta make the call, kiddo! Keep us posted.

Jezza, wife to T, oldmommers to E (7), A (4mos.) and three kitties
#5 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Knowing when your water broke can be important so I would call your care provider so you can get the PH test done!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#6 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Give 'em a call! Sounds like the big one to me!
#7 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldmommers View Post
Enough to soak you? You know you've gotta make the call, kiddo! Keep us posted.
, i didn't catch the 'enough to soak' part, i would call.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#8 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

no sex I don't want it...dh doesn't repulse me but I haven't seen him enough for it

Well my undies were soaked...my belly is crampy but I'm not hurting...it was an hour ago...I guess I'll call to just check...I feel so stupid this is my 3rd for petes sakes.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#9 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I'm on a leak watch

MWs are 2 hours away but coming back into town....I am to monitor my cramping and well leakage...if I soak again I'll get checked out...

Called dh at work told him we're on a leak watch...he sounded so thrilled ....told him I was going to go back to doing laundry and cleaning up just in case.....he knows me I am not a worrier...but it's still funny to have to call your dh and tell him Hey we're on a leak watch and him ask a what?

..Fused & Fabulous!
#10 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Don't feel stupid! This is my third too, but my water's never broken before labor (with DS, his head was out before it broke) so I have NO idea whatsoever what it would be like.

Will be anxiously awaiting news

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#11 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM

If you can bare it...you may wanna lay down an hour. Usually standing or sitting will cause baby's head to plug the cervix and no more leaks will occur. If you lay down it gives it a chance to pool and then will give you another little puddle when you get up (sometimes it takes a minute after sitting up, don't expect instant wetness)

The only time my water broke, I got up from a nap, heard an audible pop, kinda laughed at myself for even thinking my water would break before my due date...waddled into the kitchen, got a glass and some juice from the fridge, poured the glass and was taking a big drink....and then I leaked all the way down my legs. It had a total delayed reaction from the pop to the leak!

Keep us posted!!!

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.
#12 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 05:26 PM

OMG, so excited for you!

I know what you mean about feeling like a moron, though. This is my 2nd baby. I was having regular stomach pain that would then turn into a backache this morning. It took me an hour to figure out, duh, those might be contractions. I started timing them, and sure enough, they were coming about every 7 min. They kept coming for a couple of hours, then petered-out after lunch. *sigh*

Hope this is the real thing for you!

Mom to retired nursling Lily (6/22/07) and wife to my wonderful DH since 3/19/05
Baby Aerick is here! Born at 40+6 on 5/16/10
#13 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 05:35 PM

OMG that's so cool!!

FWIW, I heard an audible "pop" when my water broke with my 1st (in the hospital).

With B, I had something running down my legs several times while outside chatting with neighbors and thought my water had broken, only to realize I was sweating enough to wet my undies and it run down my legs LOL Glad that's not the case here mama. Can't wait for an update!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#14 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

So far keeping bean in....dh made the comment "thought you were keeping her hostage in there for a few moreweeks"
...told him that I'm trying!

No more leaks...laid down for little over an hour....been chugging water....but my back cramps are staying and my stomach cramps are easing up in intensity but not frequency (about 2-3 an hour only) if that makes sense.

I keep telling myself this is our first of many false alarms...but in the back of my mind I keep feeling crazy nervous and start cleaning more just in case.....we'll see how this weekend pans out.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#15 of 23 Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM

Wow, mama! Very exciting!!!! I look forward to the update

FWIW, my water has broken with both of my babies and it's an experience that you don't question. Meaning, it's dramatic both in how it feels and then the output.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#16 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with you Dell! It's nice that you were positive, but I see women all the time who aren't sure- some who have indeed ruptured, and plenty who haven't!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#17 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 AM

DDDC...

I had (in retrospect of course!!) a slow leak the night before I went into labor. It was very similar to what you describe, and I did have some mild cx through the night...then when 8am hit I knew it was d-day!! Midwives were called around lunchtime and baby was out before dinner!

You have loving arms to welcome this baby and that's as ready as you can get!! Everything else will wait if it is time. And if not, it'll give you that boost to nest right?!
Best wishes to you.

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#18 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Well my back cramps are still holding on...but the crampy feelings in my stomach under my belly button petered out around 8 last night....No more signs of a leak but I was laying down most of last night.

I'm going in this afternoon for a ph test and I think I will let them to see if I progressed at any rate. I have a very high posterior cervix and last night I could have sworn I actually felt it. Never been able to do so in any of my pregnancies but I'm not holding out hope. I'm the queen of false alarms

..Fused & Fabulous!
#19 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 AM

With my last pregnancy, when my water broke it was unmistakable. Woke up whilst a huge puddle of clear warm water was pooling around me in my bed, and it just kept coming and coming...pretty much your classic presentation. With my first baby, he came flying out so fast that the midwife ended up breaking my water on the way out, so I never really felt it.

I think it would be confusing if you had little leaks here and they, KWIM? I know I can sweat enough on a hot day to cause confusion, which is really gross but being 9 months pregnant in Florida at this time of year tends to have that effect. I think the distinct difference is that amniotic fluid is quite a bit thicker than sweat.

I think you're doing the right thing by monitoring, and going in to get checked. Good luck mama!

Jessica- married to David- parenting our 3 monkeys- DS #1 (age 7) DS #2 (age 4) and a brand new DD (born 5/10/10)
#20 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 AM

Not in your ddc....but....

Ooooo! Gonna keep my eye on this thread.
#21 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Hope its good news but it could be increased discharge as well. My discharge at this point is so thin and watery that it actually soaks through my underwear at times, sorry tmi. And I have had it get on my leg a few times when I am wearing dresses. It has been completely clear and odorless as well but doctor tested me last visit and said it was just excessive discharge. This is the first pregnancy that I have ever had this happen in. So it may or may not be a leak.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#22 of 23 Old 04-30-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Well no leaks today....she's thinking that we had a bubble...baby has been head down for at least 9 weeks and has irritated the heck out of my uterus....

But it isn't all in vain...we're at a solid 2 and so now we wait and watch....could be any day or2weeks...but seeing that my body is so active she said she wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next week....YIKES!! (guess we need to figure out this naming business and I need to get some bags packed)

..Fused & Fabulous!
#23 of 23 Old 05-01-2010, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
Well no leaks today....she's thinking that we had a bubble...baby has been head down for at least 9 weeks and has irritated the heck out of my uterus....

But it isn't all in vain...we're at a solid 2 and so now we wait and watch....could be any day or2weeks...but seeing that my body is so active she said she wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next week....YIKES!! (guess we need to figure out this naming business and I need to get some bags packed)
DDC....I'm so excited for you, Mommabean!! Going to be stalking you till she comes!

Living happily and embracing adventures.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page