If you feel like hell, does it mean labor is near? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You would think I've never done this before. With my daughter, I don't remember having these symptoms. Maybe it is because I have a toddler this time. Maybe all pregnancies are just different. In any case, weigh in.

I suddenly feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am exhausted. The baby is pressing down against my pelvis. My lower back aches. I have loose bowel movements. And a weird sort of barfy feeling to boot.

Standard feelings for the last weeks of pregnancy or a sign that labor can't be far away?
#2 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Oh dear lawd how I wish I had the answer for you b/c I feel the same.

I am crampy, contracting with backache, headache, dizzy, hot flashy, queasy, upset stomach. As of Thursday, 3 cm dilated w 70% effacement and as of yesterday, losing bits of mucus. Oh how I wish this meant I was going into labor!

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#3 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 05:04 PM

I have been feeling like that but I think/hope labor is far off for me. I will however say that the day before I go into labor I feel like I was hit by a bus and that I am getting the flu!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#4 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 PM

Ohhhh I can totally relate! I've been nauseous, crampy, I have lower back pain, BH, loose bowels and I feel like a zombie... I can't stay awake during the day and I barely want to move... even to get up and go to the bathroom is a chore right now Plus, the baby is so low that any movement I feel is like right on my cervix which feels like electric shocks. I'm 37 weeks as of yesterday... it would be nice for baby to stay in for another week... but part of me wants this to be all over with also
#5 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyj-m View Post
You would think I've never done this before. With my daughter, I don't remember having these symptoms. Maybe it is because I have a toddler this time. Maybe all pregnancies are just different. In any case, weigh in.

I suddenly feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am exhausted. The baby is pressing down against my pelvis. My lower back aches. I have loose bowel movements. And a weird sort of barfy feeling to boot.

Standard feelings for the last weeks of pregnancy or a sign that labor can't be far away?
Oh my gosh!! This is exactly me right now to the "T"!!! I am sitting here wondering the same exact thing!! Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough, huh?? I did a massive clean up of my house yesterday, did my grocery shopping today and had a massage and I am feeling like poo!! Every time I eat, nausea takes over and my body is keeping itself cleaned out..very loose bm's. Crazy!! If anything, I know things are stiring up. I didn't have any of this with dd.

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#6 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyj-m View Post

If you add in "crying every morning b/c not sure how you will make it th rough the day" then you have exactly how i felt the week I went into labor.

It's happening soon for you all, mamas. I think I am as excited as you all are!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#7 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
If you add in "crying every morning b/c not sure how you will make it th rough the day" then you have exactly how i felt the week I went into labor.

It's happening soon for you all, mamas. I think I am as excited as you all are!
Music to my ears Starfish! I am losing it over here!

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#8 of 14 Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm right there with you, mamas. Feeling like crap. Feeling pukey sometimes. Tired. SORE as hell!

Come on babies!

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#9 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 02:45 AM

Well, sounds like me before I had Ava Mae on Tuesday, so I bet it means you are close. I had 1 week of just awfulness and then went into labor the next day.

Proud Mama to my boys Noah and Elijah, my angel baby, and baby girl due May 7th, 2010.
#10 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 02:56 PM

Thanks for posting - I have good days and bad days, keep asking DH if I was this miserable w/my previous pregnancies. (He said yes btw). The nausea is new, I know.
#11 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM

oh wow I was just going to post something about this. I woke up today with a splitting headache, nausea, feeling barfy and some swelling. Textbook blood pressure symptoms, but my bp looks good. Then I thought maybe cause I overslept and didn't my coffee, but it's not helping. I still just wanna crawl back into bed and ugh....not even sure I can sleep, cause laying down is miserable as well. I'm only 36 weeks and one day I can't imagine this is labor coming on, even in a week or two, but I cannot imagine feeling like this even for the rest of today. I hope I don't go into labor feeling like this-it sucks. I totally feel like I'm getting the flu. oh lawd, I hope it's not that either! Blah!

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#12 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 03:47 PM

I had a couple cycles like this the week or two before each of my last two. A few days of feeling horrid and I just rested...and in between those were a couple days of lots of energy to get things done. I think it is natures way of forcing us to rest up but still get stuff done! I feel like I was hit by a car the last couple days, after my 2 day garage cleaning, grout cleaning, carpet cleaning, kitchen juggling, yard work marathon. I am now sitting in bed hoping this baby is going to be a 38wker
#13 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Add me to the "I feel like crap" list! I've been really nauseous in waves for the past couple of days, mixed with pretty intense heartburn and fatigue. Ugh.

The nausea is really what's doing me in to be honest.

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#14 of 14 Old 05-02-2010, 02:11 AM

I'm right there with you all! I'm at 37w on Monday and I'm thinking horomone surge? I've been feeling hot, sleeping in sweat, slightly nauseous, RIDICULOUS heartbearn in the night and loose poo. My gut tells me that I've got three more weeks but who knows? I'm also feeling really sore in my pubic bone anytime I walk. I also ditto having energy some days and then the next I'm DONE! I nest like crazy for a day and then I spend the next day on the couch!

Sarah, SAHM to dd C (8-9-07) and C (5-27-10), happily married to DH for 10 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page