I am feeling pretty proud of myself! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am NOT a details person. I make lists and don't do them. Always scattered and such. I'd made a Monster list of house stuff to do before baby. Including our kitchen remodel (gone wrong).

My goal was to get everything done by 37wks so from then on out I could feel free to nap with my toddler every afternoon, not feel like I "had" to do anything, walk, all those feel good things...rest my body and get it ready. However, I pretty well knew I would never get through half the list.

After a couple weeks of craziness, I am 36w1d and am about 3-4 tasks away from being totally done! And they are easy tasks. Then regular house keeping items. And our kitchen will be done 100% by Friday.

For the first time in my life I will be on schedule and finish something. And can relax and enjoy my last few days with my kiddos just napping, baking, walking, relaxing.

I am feeling pretty darn proud of myself!
#2 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 05:27 PM

Kudos!! I know I have several things I need to get done but I always seem to want to do them in the evenings so very little gets done before I crash out for the night lol. It must feel great momma. Enjoy your kiddos and relaxing
#3 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Go mama! You should be proud of yourself! I've procrastined my list in my usual fashion- I keep thinking I'll be nesting soon and it never happens, so nothing much is getting done.

Thanks for the inspiration...maybe I can plow through my list this week so that I can enjoy the last few with my kiddos!

Jessica- married to David- parenting our 3 monkeys- DS #1 (age 7) DS #2 (age 4) and a brand new DD (born 5/10/10)
#4 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM

YEAH!! That is awesome. I still have so much to do it is really depressing me. My daughter is into everything and I can't leave her for a minute without her ruining, spilling, opening etc. something.

Hopefully I manage to get more done this week, so I can feel awesome like you!! Today I got some lanishoh cream and a few diapers (for before we start with cloth) and just doing that I felt such a sense of relief.

How is your reno going? We start a reno June 1st on our new house.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#5 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 PM

That's awesome!

My timeline and lists got thrown out the window with some bumps in the road this pregnancy. I still hope to at least get the baby's room done and organized by next weekend when I hit 37 weeks.
#6 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 PM

everything seems to be happening right at the last min with me this time around...last week thi stime I was freaking out cuz I had nothing done, now I can say I'm almost done..cept for the stuff my b/f has to take care of (which I refuse to worry about cuz if he doen't do it he will be dead meat!) I just have a few more things to get and I'll be done! yaay!
#7 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Hey I'm doing pretty good with my list too and feeling groovy about it. I'm down to the obscure stuff that makes my DH look at me suspiciously. Clearly, I have never set a precedent for "dusting the ceiling fans."

for crossing things off, and if that's not quite happening, I assure you that in the scheme of things, plenty of this stuff could easily go undone.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#8 of 12 Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Good job accomplishing so much, especially with renovating going on. That must have made things hard. It is always such a good feeling when you can look around you and see the progress that you've made.

AFM: I keep finding more and more to do in spite of all I have done (and I had thought I had accomplaished a lot LOL.). I guess that's nesting for you. Our birth pool is here, the cloth diapers are on their way in the mail, bought a baby "cocoon" on ebay, and waiting arrival of the diaper covers. I have filled the downstairs freezer with extras, and have the pantry stocked. Now to just clean DH's "office/man-cave" on the 3rd floor which I am stealing for my birthing space. He's one of those people that are super-smart but an absolute slob when it comes to domestic chores. I usually just leave that area alone but Im feeling really anxious about needing to have it cleaned "now". lol.
14 days to go!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#9 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 12:49 AM

I'm right there with you. I finished up most things at 38-weeks. But, I've hit 40 weeks & now am looking for things to do. I keep picking up around the house -- goal is to make sure things stay clean so when I go into labor I won't come home to anything that needs to be done.

Funny thing... I spent so much time cooking and freezing last week that I never really bought any food for us to actually eat throughout the week We made due, but I'm going to so a small grocery shop tomorrow.

I've been working up to this point, so tomorrow I go from working 10-15 hours a day to being on maternity leave. I have some papers to grade still, but I have a feeling that the dogs are going to get a lot of walks and I'm going to be napping alot

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#10 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie77 View Post
How is your reno going? We start a reno June 1st on our new house.
Holy crud...I suddenly don't feel so bad about our kitchen project! LOL. It is going great. After staying up until midnight with DH to seal the slate floor (3 hrs on hands and knees....baby best be in super good position now, hehehe), the ONLY things left are for the painters to get the last 3 coats of stain/paint on our bench seat (which are in our garage), have that installed and placed by our carpenter, then buy our table...which I found this week finally. ALl of that should be done by Friday.

I just feel really good that I started and finished something! The only things to do now are basic house keeping items. The big stuff: org projects, garage cleaning, baseboards, blinds, closets, cleanse of undie and bra drawer, clothing season juggle...all of that is done!

My plan is to spend the next 3 days or so cleaning up (like vacuum, dust...the weekly stuff I have put off while doing the big stuff) then just chill....AND READ ABOUT ALL OF THESE BABIES!!!!
#11 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Anyone else doing a strange thing where you can't stop buying groceries? I have way exceeded our food budget, but I find myself at the grocery store justifying one item after another lately. I guess I do the shopping and maybe I don't trust DH to find the things I like pp.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#12 of 12 Old 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Anyone else doing a strange thing where you can't stop buying groceries? I have way exceeded our food budget, but I find myself at the grocery store justifying one item after another lately. I guess I do the shopping and maybe I don't trust DH to find the things I like pp.
LOL, yes!! What is that??!! It started with doing freezer food for me. Then transitioned into "well chicken is on sale so I will buy that to have in the freezer after baby" to just plain old mass purchase food hoarding. You would think we were entering a bomb shelter for a year. DD2 this morning was like, "mom, why do we have 5 things of syrup". Um, cause I am pregnant and nuts and what if we run out???? DH thinks it is funny as we live within 5 minutes of 5 major grocery stores, a CVS, a Walgreens, Walmart, Target, etc. And my inlaws are 10 min away and always happy to do errands. Like we will ever be stuck w/out something, lol.

My conclusion? I am crazy right now and that is okay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page