How often are you peeing at night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 36 weeks and the last couple of nights I have been up every 2 hours to pee!! To make matters worse my DD still gets up a few times each night (she is three in one week), so between those 2 factors I am getting zero sleep.

Is anyone else's bladder ridiculously small right now? I did have about 500ml+ a couple hours before I went to bed, but I feel like I peed a litre during the night. Today DH and I were out running errands and I had to pee at every place we went to... sometimes twice.

UGH!!

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#2 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 06:36 PM

I'm 39w4d & I started peeing every 2hrs at about 38w or so. i don't seem to need to pee so often during the day -- dunno what's up wtih that.

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
#3 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Every two hours is normal for me, too, and I'm only 36 weeks (as of tomorrow!). That, plus the nursing 2yo in bed has made for some very rough nights. Uf.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#4 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM

Maybe once an hour? Its pretty bad...

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#5 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM

Every 2-3 hours. But I drink water before bed and through the night. I get very thirsty. And I'm 39 weeks today.

BFPChart2.gif

#6 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 08:07 PM

wow.... I must have a bladder os STEAL. I'm up 1-2x a night to pee at 36 weeks. It's just gone up to 2 most nights and I've been complaining guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
#7 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblette View Post
wow.... I must have a bladder os STEAL. I'm up 1-2x a night to pee at 36 weeks. It's just gone up to 2 most nights and I've been complaining guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
Lol that reminds me of when I was pg with ds. I NEVER got up to pee at night. Not once. Now that was a bladder of steel ha ha!

BFPChart2.gif

#8 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Every once in a while, I have a rogue night where I sleep through but last night was more typical, 4-5 x. I have a hard time doing errands and going for good walks because the pressure is so intense. I have to not drink to plan those things and then I feel like I am catching up on water the rest of the day. And if I am totally honest, I did not fully make it to the bathroom on Sat. when I was outside

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#9 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 PM

yep, every 2 hrs for me too!! but ive also had terrible heartburn, which has caused me to lose sleep, so i actually dont mind the pee-ing if i dont have to deal with the heartburn
#10 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM

I'm 36 weeks also and noticed just the past 4-5 nights, the peeing increased from 1-2x per night to going every 2-3 hours. I pee less in the wee morning hours (like after 4am) because I guess by then my bladder is finally empty, but I too get very thirsty and drink sips of water through the night.

I really hate getting woken up at night, but I've been sleeping like hell the last few nights and my 4yo has decide that it's a good time to wake up at 6am. i am so grumpy about it!! i want my last few weeks of sleep before baby!

Jessica- married to David- parenting our 3 monkeys- DS #1 (age 7) DS #2 (age 4) and a brand new DD (born 5/10/10)
#11 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM

For me it's usually about 3-4times at night. It sucks. I also have really terrible heartburn/reflux that wakes me up about the same number of times to gobble down a few Tums and I always get up to pee then too. I dont want to restrict myself on fluids at all since I had some issues with low AFI a few weeks ago, so I try to drink more rather than less . I couldnt be without a big glass of ice water on my nightstand, I get way too thirsty during the night.
Well, I am 38weeks, so hopefully it wont be an issue for too much longer. Hang in there Mamas, we're in the home stretch.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#12 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM

About every hour & a half. It coincides with about how often my hips wake me up.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#13 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 10:57 PM

I'm 36 weeks and also peeing about 4 times a night. The other day I went to take my dogs for a walk. I had just peed like ten minutes before. By the time I got their leashes on, I had to leave them on the porch so I could run back in and pee before I left.

So for me it's not just night time but all the time. I'm also a teacher and we have block scheduling at our school so if I don't go right before and right after each class, it's total torture!
#14 of 18 Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 PM

I must have a bladder of steel, too. It was once, but last week or so it has increased to at least twice and sometimes three times. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.

The worst thing for me is the urgency. If I don't go as soon as I feel the urge, I might have a mess to clean up. And, please don't make me laugh if I haven't been to the bathroom.

Home water birthing, non-circing, delayed vaxing, co-sleeping, babywearing, extended nursing Mommy to DS1 5/08, DS2 5/10 and wife to sweetest hubby ever.
#15 of 18 Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie77 View Post
I am 36 weeks and the last couple of nights I have been up every 2 hours to pee!! To make matters worse my DD still gets up a few times each night (she is three in one week), so between those 2 factors I am getting zero sleep.

UGH!!
We should start a night time posting thread. My DD is on the same cycle. I am waking to pee every two hours and she wakes about every two as well, but like Everly, they are opposite my pee breaks. Maybe I should start waking her when I get up to pee. LOL.
#16 of 18 Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 AM

I'm 40 weeks now, but started waking up about once an hour at about 39 weeks. Still getting up about once an hours. Add insomnia to that & it made for some short nights. Luckily I'm on maternity leave now (even though LO isn't here yet), so hopefully I can catch up with some naps throughout the day.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#17 of 18 Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 AM

I'm 38 weeks with twins and I am up about every 45 minutes to hour and a half to pee, every night since about 30 weeks. There have been a few nights where I somehow managed to sleep for 3 hours straight and I woke up in horrible pain from my bladder being too full. During the day I am going every 30 minutes or so. My DH teases me because I can literally go to the bathroom, go upstairs start laundry and come back down stairs and have to go to the bathroom again. And I am now worse than my kids as far as I have to make sure I go before I leave the house or else I might not make it to my destination without pain.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#18 of 18 Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM

I almost posted yesterday about how I, too, have had a "bladder of steel." Well, last night I was up 3 or 4 times out of a dead sleep. Ack! I hope this is not the start of a trend!

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page