spotting after cervix check - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It this equal to bloody show at this point, or normal? I never in my life have had spotting after a pap or cervix check. OB checked during GBS test today w/ my consent and I was 3-4cm and 50% effaced. I ust wiped after bathroom trip and had blood. Not mucusy blood. Just spotting. Did lose chunks of mucus a few days ago.

I'd be stoked but I'm only 36w2d. I could handle an early baby but prefer it be in 2-3 days when GBS test is back and of course I would prefer baby cook another couple weeks.

Should I be concerned at this point in the game or is that normal for someone poking at my cervix?
#2 of 5 Old 05-03-2010, 08:46 PM

It can be very common after a cervical check or nookie even. Your cervix is ripe right now, and aggitation to it can cause bleeding, as small blood vessels break. They are small and very engorged with blood in there right now in preparation for birth.
#3 of 5 Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 PM

I also had a cervical check today and was told that there may be some spotting - and not to worry.

New Mom to little G May 16, 2010.
#4 of 5 Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I feel better. I spent so much time fighting for them to move my due date a week LATER based on O date vs LMP, now I am worried it will come back to bite me if she comes early. If I went with LMP I would be 37w2d but 0 date says 36w2d. Since my Dr pushes 42w inductions and she knew I would fight her, she let me go w/ my best guess O date.

Glad to know that while the spotting after check/DTD isn't normal in my past, it is still normal in general.

Who knew it would take 3 pregnancies to turn me into the Last Month Crazy Woman?!?!
#5 of 5 Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeChRi View Post
Glad to know that while the spotting after check/DTD isn't normal in my past, it is still normal in general.

Who knew it would take 3 pregnancies to turn me into the Last Month Crazy Woman?!?!
Don't worry, I have already called my OB once in the middle of the night (not kidding it was like 1:30 am). I had wiped and saw bright red blood, a nice 1/2 dollar sized spot on the paper. There was no mucus, just blood.

I totally flipped out, because I had the exact same type of bleeding/blood loss when I lost DD2.

I had a couple more incidents through the night but it stopped by the morning. My OB checked and everything was fine, and I was re-assured at home by my dopplar.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page