so...anyone else "overdue"?? LOL - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
No baby here either. I'm 40+3 today so no particular reason why I *should* have had a baby yet but I'm still getting a bit impatient. Especially as my brother's friends, whose baby was due the same day as ours was born the morning after her EDD. I have had a few little "Wah! Where is my baby [stamps foot]" moments since then

I have an appointment with the midwives tomorrow and my next appointment, in a weeks time, will be with the obstetricians to discuss induction. The hospital policy is to induce at 41+3 but they are pretty relaxed about other options and will also offer daily CTGs etc if a person doesn't want to be induced - which I don't! I'm hoping I won't need the appointment next week and that just making it will be enough to shift her.

Babies come when they're ready. Babies come when they're ready. Babies come when they're ready.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 60 Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here! 40+3 today..so ready to hold this lil nugget. Everyday my dd and I tell baby we are so ready to meet him/her!!

My arms are aching!! And plus, I'm super excited to have my home VBAC!! Yay! I have been dreaming and desiring this for almost 4 yrs!!! (since dd was born).

I knitted another hat, went walking yesterday, DH and I dtd and still nothing!! Boo!! I did have a huge glob of plug come out this morning and been contracting all day but that's it! Come one baby, I want to meet you!!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#33 of 60 Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 AM

40+5 here. It's like we're under siege, lol! Lost lots of plug last night and feeling like today is the day. 2.5yo DD says baby sister is coming out to play today so I may as well believe her. I'm still not contracting though, it's so weird. It was like this with DD too and I ended up on pitocin at 41 weeks after my water broke. I hope that's not the case this time.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#34 of 60 Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM

How are the "overdue" mama's doing this morning?? I woke up, and couldn't believe that I am still pregnant. I thought for sure I would see things pick up over the weekend. But no. My body is very content being pregnant and so is baby I think. But my hips are not!! They hurt like nothing else. uuugh!!

40+5 and I never thought I would be this pregnant. sheesh!! I am praying this nugget comes in the next couple days. My dad has to head down to southern CA later this week to be with his mom as her husband just passed away unexpectedly yesterday. Made me really heartbroken and sad for my grandma.

So now that baby missed being born on May Day, Cinco, my dad's birthday, Mother's Day..I guess he/she can have its "own" day. hehe

Now off to clean my house for the "100th" time in preparation for baby's arrival..

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#35 of 60 Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post
How are the "overdue" mama's doing this morning?? I woke up, and couldn't believe that I am still pregnant. I thought for sure I would see things pick up over the weekend. But no. My body is very content being pregnant and so is baby I think. But my hips are not!! They hurt like nothing else. uuugh!!
I hear you on the hip pain. I'm so tired but out of bed by 6 or 7 every morning because my hips hurt so bad I can't lay there any longer than that. And I sound like a broken record with the carpal tunnel, but I wake up and the fingers in my right hand won't bend, they're so stiff. Not swollen, just numb. It really sucks.

41 weeks right now. With my last pregnancy, I was having definite signs that labor was impending, and he was born on what would be tomorrow (41+1) but nothing here. I have this feeling like I'll see 42 weeks.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#36 of 60 Old 05-11-2010, 03:20 PM

40 + 2 here. I went to water aerobics yesterday and the instructor announced it to the class. The old ladies who work out with me had several encouraging words to say about first babies, but the teenaged lifeguard looked seriously, seriously concerned that I was going to have the baby right there in the pool on her watch.

Made an appointment with the chiropractor for tomorrow, but we might just do a massage and hold off on acupuncture just yet and I haven't decided about a membrane sweep for my appointment this Friday yet either.

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#37 of 60 Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_buffaloe View Post
40 + 2 here. I went to water aerobics yesterday and the instructor announced it to the class. The old ladies who work out with me had several encouraging words to say about first babies, but the teenaged lifeguard looked seriously, seriously concerned that I was going to have the baby right there in the pool on her watch.
Hee hee, this happened with my last pregnancy. It was too much fun to go and swim my laps and tell the lifeguards that I was due, oh, 5 days ago! They always got this panic-ed, nauseated look on their faces. It was really the only thing that brought me joy in those last, tough, days of pregnancy.

I'm officially one day past my EDD. And I now have a job interview scheduled for Thursday. Stay in, baby, stay in!

Mom to retired nursling Lily (6/22/07) and wife to my wonderful DH since 3/19/05
Baby Aerick is here! Born at 40+6 on 5/16/10
#38 of 60 Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM

40+3 here
My pubic/pelvic bones HURT. I had acupuncture done on Saturday, nothing. My next m/w appt is tomorrow and I'm so hoping I don't make it

I haven't had a single 'nesting' instinct at all and as weird as it sounds I keep waiting for it, thinking maybe *that* will be a sign, since I'm getting no other signs.

I'm just TIRED.

Today ds dumped OIL all over the bathroom floor and all over himself, so that was fun, crouching and scrubbing and wiping. Didn't hurt at all :

GET her out, seriously!

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#39 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow(Wed) and I think I am gearing up..I have been contracting all day today..my lower backs is sore, if feels like my hips have spread, and they look it too, yikes! And I have been having loose BM's all day so my body is staying cleaned out. My pubic bone hurts too.

Please pray or send some good, easy labor vibes my way..I feel like this should be it tonight..but ya never know until it is really happening, of course.. I'm ready, BRING IT!!!

Thank you, mama's!

#40 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 AM

Hello everyone! I'm officially past my due date so now I can join the pity party over here. May 10th has come and gone. And I feel nothing. Nothing. Except super irritable and crabby. I feel sorry for my sweet sweet two year old son. I'm snapping at him for no reason! I can see I'm hurting his feelings but I can't control myself. I am the worst mother in the world. I hope my mental state changes once this baby is born. I had a few hours of being my normal happy self today, but now I'm back to crabass land. Maybe I just need to go to bed and pretend I'm not pregnant. . . Oh I can't wait to sleep on my back!

40+almost 2.
#41 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

This is where I start to lose it, I think. in 32 hours I'll be more pregnant than I've ever been before, and that would be my daughter, who was 40+10. I have no mucous, not even a pink tinge after two days of DTD, no nothing, and my cervix is still tucked back there posterior. I am so incredibly frustrated right now. And sick of tweaking my nipples, so here I am posting here at 3:30am. *sigh*

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#42 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Oh Em, I know I shouldn't laugh, but that last bit about tweaking your nips made me giggle.

I'm also having no "signs". Well, I've been having BH since 19 weeks and some have been intense since 32 weeks, so I no longer count those as "signs" of impending labor.

I've decided I'm holding this kid in at least until Friday, when my fave MW goes on-call.

Mom to retired nursling Lily (6/22/07) and wife to my wonderful DH since 3/19/05
Baby Aerick is here! Born at 40+6 on 5/16/10
#43 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM

I just found MDC boards recently, so I'm very new here. However, today is my due date. I have an appointment with my OB later this morning and hope I can hear about some progress. I hate saying overdue. That's for library books and oil changes.

I've been off work for a week and a half because I started swelling and feeling crampy. I was also done with some projects and felt anxious just sitting around at work all day, waiting. sooooo, this baby needs to come on already so I don't spend my leave sitting around the house, not getting paid!
#44 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

The worst part is that I'm under a lot of self inflicted pressure to either have this baby today/tonight, or wait until Friday night/this weekend. My sister's kitchen is being renovated downstairs, and demolition started yesterday...not a big deal at all, the contractor is a friend of ours and the noise doesn't travel upstairs to my bedroom. However, found out today that they need to reroute our water pipes tomorrow. So, my water will be shut off for ?? amount of time tomorrow while they remove the old pipes and reroute the new ones. Not good for a planned waterbirth. Then on Friday my photographer is not available during the day, she is graduating and has her "final" during the day. So, I obviously want her to be here, so I don't want to go into labor tomorrow or Friday.

Man, I could use a beer right now.

#45 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM

Em, Am I right in thinking you have a La Bassine? Do those have heaters and for how long can they hold water? The aquadoula I rented supposedly can stay filled for 2 days and if I were in a situation where I knew that my plumbing would be turned off for a good chunk of a day, I'd fill it in advance just in case.

I came home from work a couple of weeks ago not sure whether I was in labor (I wasn't), only to be reminded when I called my husband in the cab that our water was shut off. I was really, really unhappy about that. It did get turned back on quickly, thankfully, and I took a (regular) bath to try to calm everything down and then took a nap, which helped.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#46 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
Em, Am I right in thinking you have a La Bassine? Do those have heaters and for how long can they hold water? The aquadoula I rented supposedly can stay filled for 2 days and if I were in a situation where I knew that my plumbing would be turned off for a good chunk of a day, I'd fill it in advance just in case.

I came home from work a couple of weeks ago not sure whether I was in labor (I wasn't), only to be reminded when I called my husband in the cab that our water was shut off. I was really, really unhappy about that. It did get turned back on quickly, thankfully, and I took a (regular) bath to try to calm everything down and then took a nap, which helped.
I do have the la bassine but no heater. I feel better after talking to the contractor/my friend, he showed me what needs to be done, and basically it's just our kitchen sink drain pipe and a vent pipe that needs to be rerouted. He said they shouldn't even have to turn the water off for that. The pipe that runs water to our upstairs bathroom, the one that we will be using for the tub, does not need to be touched. They know that I'm planning a water birth and due like a year ago so they are being very helpful. So I'm stressing less about that.

I had a chiro appointment today and she worked on me for awhile, and sharpie'd the pressure points on my ankles so we can find them at home so here's hoping.

#47 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Here I am at 41 weeks and no labor in sight. *sigh*

With all those contractions yesterday, I figured it has to be close. Well, baby was LOA yesterday..and baby flipped sometime in the night and is now ROA so the contractions are dead. Nothing happening what so ever. ugh.

So now I think I need to clean my house today, make a run to Trader Joes for more "last minute" things and work on getting baby to flip back into LOA so we can get those contractions going again..

I know my body is on the verge..but what is stopping it??

#48 of 60 Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

It occurred to me that Friday May 14 is the new moon. Both my other two were born on or the day after the new moon. Think I have a shot??

My midwife called to check in this afternoon, she likes to recommend an u/s at the end of the 41st week, if I'm okay with it. I decided I am (after all, she's the one looking at it) so we're doing that Friday morning after the non-stress test (which she does at her house). I'm terrified that the tech will slip up and tell us the sex of the baby. We will warn and remind them repeatedly... I will be heartbroken if that happens. And by heartbroken, I mean crying and ripping someone a new you-know-what with a full on almost-42-week-pregnant style TANTRUM.

I actually don't want to see the scan at all. Does that make me weird?? I've gone so long without seeing this baby, I really want the first time I see him/her to be when it's born.

Also, this is the most pregnant I've ever been without being in labor. DD was born 10 days late on what would be tomorrow morning at 10am, I was WELL into labor with her at this point in my pregnancy with her.

ALSO...edit #85938
I am having let downs like CRAZY. Like five times today, tingling let downs with about 1/2 tsp of colostrum. COME ON BABY, boobies are ready for you!

#49 of 60 Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM

So crazy!! I am 41+1 and still no baby...I never thought I would be this pregnant. With dd, my water broke on her due date and she was born 3 days later. Granted, it ended in a c-section due to FTP and my body was not ready to birth but still. For some reason I just never thought I would be this far along.

I was really sore yesterday and getting really frustrated that I am still pregnant and so uncomfortable. But today is a new day and I am feeling much better physically and mentally. I really hope I'm holding my baby in the next week. Sheesh!!

#50 of 60 Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emnic77 View Post

My midwife called to check in this afternoon, she likes to recommend an u/s at the end of the 41st week, if I'm okay with it. I decided I am (after all, she's the one looking at it) so we're doing that Friday morning after the non-stress test (which she does at her house). I'm terrified that the tech will slip up and tell us the sex of the baby. We will warn and remind them repeatedly... I will be heartbroken if that happens. And by heartbroken, I mean crying and ripping someone a new you-know-what with a full on almost-42-week-pregnant style TANTRUM.

I actually don't want to see the scan at all. Does that make me weird?? I've gone so long without seeing this baby, I really want the first time I see him/her to be when it's born.
Not weird at all. I haven't had an ultrasound this whole pregnancy and I still don't want one and if I were in your shoes I would be the same way! I hope the ultra-sound tech keeps his mouth shut. Wear earplugs if you have to! LOL

#51 of 60 Old 05-22-2010, 11:54 PM

40w2d losing my peace....

made brownies tonight smothered in pink frosting just because I have nothing else to wrap in pink YET

Getting nervous and worried about ending up in a doctor's care and them freaking over my fused spine and try to section us.

Trying to remain calm and rational but I feel as if I'm on a slippery slope.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#52 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emnic77 View Post
ALSO...edit #85938
I am having let downs like CRAZY. Like five times today, tingling let downs with about 1/2 tsp of colostrum. COME ON BABY, boobies are ready for you!
I know this is old, given not only the date but also that Em has her baby now, but I still had to comment. I had SO MUCH boob tingling yesterday evening and it didn't even occur to me that it was a breastfeeding readiness thing. I was all, "Huh. Is that a labor symptom? I don't think so. Maybe my boobs just feel left out because the rest of me got a massage and they didn't?"

Mommabean, good luck. 40 weeks is made into such a goalpost in contemporary society and there's a lot of anxiety that gets ratcheted up because of that. I'm 2 days behind you and feeling it.

With May heading into its final full week, I wonder if it's time for us to start our own pregnancy roll call/island/competition for the golden birthing stool...

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#53 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 AM

I'm only a day "overdue", but I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable. It's the false alarms that are really getting to me. I had 7 hours of real, painful contractions last night, then when I finally got up about an hour ago to time them, they kind of petered out. I managed to sleep in between them but I'm still tired and sore and frustrated. Either come out or stay in, baby! Make up your mind.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
#54 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 08:34 AM

I'm sitting here four days past the due date, with no signs of impending labor. Last weekend I had some contractions but since then nothing. I'm trying my very best to be zen, and in fact, her lateness might be ok since my family can't come visit/help until June 9th and my husband can only take off one week of work. So maybe the lady baby knows this and is staying put to make my life easier?

Who knows? I do know the lateness is made harder by the fact that I was convinced she would come two weeks early like her big sister. 38 weeks pregnant is a lot more attractive than 40 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I'm swelling up like a giant uumpa loompa.
#55 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 AM

I am 40+1 today and think it is so funny how concerned people are that I am "overdue" That being said I am ready to get this show on the road. I've had pink tinged mucus since Friday and random contractions, none of which I experienced with DS and none of which seems to indicate I will begin labour soon.....or maybe it does who knows lol

femalesling.GIFMama to intact DS Dec 06 and intact DS May 10......Looking to declutter 2012 items in 2012! (27/2012)

#56 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 11:18 AM

I'm still here too! According to my LMP I'm 40+2 but my midwife switched my "due date" about a week ago since the baby is measuring smaller than my LMP date. So she's going by the 20-week ultrasound date of May 30th. That would make me 39 weeks today so who knows. It's kinda nice having such a vague "due date" since they don't really matter anyways.

Nothing going on at all except BH contractions have picked up significantly yesterday. I REALLY hope to have a baby this week though - I'm losing my zen very quickly.

FULL MOON IS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#57 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
With May heading into its final full week, I wonder if it's time for us to start our own pregnancy roll call/island/competition for the golden birthing stool...
Count me in, although I'm doing everything humanly possible to avoid going to 42 weeks, which for me would be the holiday next Monday. I really, really, really don't want to wind up anywhere near a hospital on a long weekend!

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#58 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Im still here, still very pregnant and 41weeks today. I have had some disappointing hcp visits, being only 1- 1 1/2cms dilated, not effaced at all, posterior cervix and LO with a high head. Ive been doing EPO for the past week and havent felt any results from that, sad to say. Ive had a few "twinges" here and there, but nothing to really pay attention to. Lost my plug about 2 weeks ago, have had 2 days of bloody show (not consecutive) and still here I am!

The OB I have been seeing tells me my edd is 5/28 based on how "small" I have measured throughout (totally normal for me tho) and the results of 3 BPP/AFI ultrasounds. I put 0 faith in his dates. I am 100% sure my last LMP was August 9th, and am 99.99% sure that conception occured on August 23 (happy b-day DH lol). That would have made my EDD 5/16. This LO is my third girl, and having both my other DD's come a week early set me up for thinking the same was gonna happen here. All my boys were late except the last one at: 40+3, 41+1, 42+1days, and 6days early.

Ive gone from being really crabby (to put it mildly), to overly weepy and tried everything under the sun (other than the dreaded castor oil.... bleech!)to convince little miss that things arent really that bad outside the confines of the belly. She however is not inclined to agree with me. People are *really* starting to bug me with their "comments" . Im trying very hard to let go of being in control and just let things happen, but so much easier said than done. Physically I am still feeling great. No real discomforts to complain of other than some foot swelling by the end of the day (but with 6kids im pretty much on my feet from the time I get up till I hit the pillow). Im even not peeing as much during the night as usual which is a nice break.

Hope everyone else who is still waiting is doing well and that we have some wonderful birth stories to report soon. Hang in there Mamas

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#59 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 PM

I'm still here too, 40+3, am trying to not stress about it, and use the extra time as effectively as possible to get things done, so I can spend more time relaxing once baby arrives.

Have been feeling very crampy, and finding I get lots of very painful 'twinges' in my cervix when I walk a long way, but otherwise nothing else happening. My Cervix is still only 1cm dialated, and very high and prosterior.

Baby is moving ALOT, he hardly has any room in there any more, poor little guy!

WAHM, Married to my best friend, Proud Mama to our sweet baby boy 29.5.10, Addicted to and loving
#60 of 60 Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 PM

Tonight I'm dealing with ONE swollen foot...doesn't hurt and it's just my ankle but it's huge and weird....nothing hurts....bean is kicking me HARD....and I've been laying around all day trying not to think of ways to force her out....I'm at peace that she won't come this week.

Since she decided to stay put I get to go lay down now and watch the series ending of Lost with no interruptions and enjoy myself.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page