Crabby and Cranky: leave your whining here - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so glad I am not the only one in pain right now....

I feel like my front pubic bone is about to split in two....and the pressure is horrible...

And on top of that the roofers were here again till 9:30 at night...and eldest is totally attitude because of short cycled on sleep.
#32 of 54 Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 PM

I have been in a GREAT mood with getting sleep thanks to no contractions and BH....then today happened.

Yuck. It's 100 here and I'm losing my mind!

MW appt not so good...now I have ketones in my urine and I was told to eat MORE MORE MORE.....ugh I don't even feel that hungry and I am eating three meals a day plus a snack or two.....last weeks appt I had LOST 2lbs...and this week I gained nada.....I am SO used to gaining 2-4lbs a week and being MAD hungry in my last weeks of pregnancy but this one I'm just not into food. So now I need to start getting in more protein because well I'm due in 2 weeks and she said I can't have my body starving at the moment I'm trying to start nursing.

So I'm irritated with my body...hot and moody.

My who-who area is in PAIN...my bones are killing me...and her but has stretched my skin tender again....nary a BH in sight for 3 days now....I have to drink 100oz of water a day...watch my iron intake because it's still low....on top of all the other.

2 weeks till my due date and I just know she'll be late just to make me even CRAZIER.

Ok now I have to go cook dinner, get the boys ready for soccer practice and find clothing that will not bake me while I sit outside for 75 minutes with them. Oh and wait I've only had 64oz of water today so I need to get on that too.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#33 of 54 Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 PM

My day started out pretty good, but I just got crabbier as it went on.
I have come to terms that I am now a psychotic-freak-woman until this LO arrives and people will just have to steer clear. LOL. No more peaceful zen-couch-folded-hands-waiting-for baby crap for me anymore. Heck, maybe thats zen in itself in that I accept im not? LOL I dunno, too confusing for my preggo brain. Anyways... I had an OB appt today and was hoping for some good news when he did a cervix check since I was a 3 last week and had a good solid 5 1/2hrs of ctx 7mins apart the other day as well as losing my mucous plug before they petered out. So he checks, even though he says there's no real need to, (he's much more hands off than the other OB that tried to scare me with "low fluid" and "super small for dates") and I am barely at 1cm and that was the external os, internal is closed, cervix is high, babe's head is high. WHAT??? I was at 3cm last week with no BH's at all, and after all yesterday's nonsense it CLOSED my cervix and sent it running for the hills????? GRRRR. I know that with this being baby #7 for me this doesnt mean much. Things could happen in the blink of an eye, or there may be no changes at all until labor kicks in. Still really frustrating tho!!!.
Im *still* waiting on packages of stuff to come in the mail that I ordered almost a month ago, DH is *still* being an unsupportive/unsympathetic butt-hole and the 6kids are driving me batty!
Please little girl, come as soon as you can or I may be giving birth at the looney bin!
Ok Im done. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hope it's good for all you other mamas-in-waiting too!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#34 of 54 Old 05-07-2010, 06:50 PM

I don't even feel guilty for my bad behavior anymore. Does that mean I've turned a corner? LOL

I snap at everyone, including my dear children and my husband... maybe I feel a TEENSY bit bad about that, but why can't they all stay out of my way??! I have ZERO patience and I feel like I am constantly on the verge of tears, even though I am NOT a cryer... I'm mad at myself for feeling so fed up with everything since I'm just 38w5d and I've been more than 41w pregnant before... but, I just don't care enough, I guess. I go into the bathroom for one of my 247 daily pee breaks and just get pissed that nothing is going on... no new mucus chunks, no water breaking, no spotting... just these ridiculous, erratic BHs that are so painful now, pushing the baby's giant noggin up against my poor, sore cervix and pulling on my very sore round ligaments... *sigh* I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO freaking DONE! And part of me feels like I'll be pregnant for just as long as I was with the first two (41w), maybe LONGER.........
I'm also very bored. NOTHING can hold my interest for longer than a few seconds. I can't get engaged with playing with the kids, can't find a single thing I have any interest in on TV or the net--I find myself sitting at the computer, staring at my FB homepage, waiting for someone to post something interesting... LOL It would be funny if it wasn't so sad & true!
I don't know what is going to happen to me or my family if I have to be pregnant another 2+ weeks. I shudder to think. Already, the 7 yo is making lunch pretty much daily because I just don't WANT to and the kids have watched more Sprout in the last week than probably in the previous 3 months!
I'm also getting pissed that this baby isn't coming during this part of my husband's work rotation (nights). It would be perfect for him to take off these nights and then go back to work on days. Instead, if I continue to be pregnant past next week, he'll end up being off on his days and it'll be time for nights when he goes back. And that would SUCK big time... who wants to be ALONE with 5 kids for 13 hrs at night for days in a row... a 7 yo that has frequent nightmares, 4 yo that rolls into the wall almost nightly (results in waking/crying/consoling/patting back to sleep) and a 2 yo that must be touching me in order to continue to sleep PLUS a newborn??!!?! ugh. EVERYTHING SUCKS. Everything sucks. There. I said it!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#35 of 54 Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 PM

I got a great night sleep the night before last. Though that meant my Zen would return.

Last night, I bit the heads off of every single soul in my house, including my dogs, just for spite. I then laid in bed, bawling, literally bawling and sobbing at the hormonal fluctuation and how frustrated I feel. "Frustrated" pretty much sums it up-although I can't tell you what I'm frustrated over. Just walking around frustrated and aggravated over it-some imaginary "it." ????? And guilt. Physically I feel damn good, best pregnancy so far. Why I feel aggravated and frustrated in the last 24 hours, I've no clue? I'm having a lot of BH's but nothing to write home about. I'm certainly in better shape really than most on the board as far as feeling physically really good. No SPD, no massive pelvic pain, no out of control heartburn...really pretty good...

My emotions on the other hand are flipping ridiculous and I feel stupid for being so out of control. I keep texting DH to pls just shoot me like a sick animal being tortured that needs out of it's misery. Smart ass replies with sexual comments about shooting me... at least he thinks it's adorable. I can't stand myself.

This is sad...

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#36 of 54 Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
I am so, so, so sorry that everyone here feels the same way I do and so, so, so happy that everyone here feels the same way I do.
LOL!!!!! Me too!
#37 of 54 Old 05-08-2010, 12:22 AM

It took me a few days to feel like posting this... I was just so irritated!

The other night I woke up to contractions. They weren't regular but they were coming every 2-5 minutes, so they were ANNOYING. I knew they weren't labor contractions, but they were painful enough to keep me awake. When DH got home from work, I told him about them and then he fell asleep rather quickly while I laid there, in pain and wishing they would either get organized or just stop.

After 2 hours, I finally was able to fall asleep. Then a little bit later, DS came into our room and I poked DH so he could take the boy back to bed. DH sat up and looked around. He was sleepy and confused. He picked up DS and said "Huh? Am I taking him to my mom's?"

NO YOU'RE NOT TAKING HIM TO YOUR MOM'S. DO I LOOK LIKE I'M IN LABOR? RUB IT IN WHY DON'T YOU?

Okay, so not really a big deal, but it irritated me just the same.

2.2006 * DS 12.24.2006 * Newbie due 5.19.2010 * planning our first
#38 of 54 Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM

I can't even walk out my front door (literally my neighbors yell my name to tell me how huge I am!)
Can't avoid every single day hearing "When is your EXACT due date?" WHAT are you having? Where are you having the baby? ( "You shouldn't have the baby at home, the hospital is safer"...) Blah!! Also I'm sick of discussing my belly size.
Insomnia, braxton hicks that start and stop with pain. Constantly refilling the fridge and freezer.
Feels good to vent with women who understand!!
#39 of 54 Old 05-08-2010, 10:16 AM

I'm tired of doing the "last big grocery shop" every week. Silly, I know, but we live out a ways and if I'm not going to the market for a few weeks after the birth I really have to stock up. Seems I've been stocking up and hauling home tons of stuff for weeks! I guess that means I'm eating more........ahem.
#40 of 54 Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispie View Post
I got a great night sleep the night before last. Though that meant my Zen would return.

Last night, I bit the heads off of every single soul in my house, including my dogs, just for spite. I then laid in bed, bawling, literally bawling and sobbing at the hormonal fluctuation and how frustrated I feel. "Frustrated" pretty much sums it up-although I can't tell you what I'm frustrated over. Just walking around frustrated and aggravated over it-some imaginary "it." ????? And guilt. Physically I feel damn good, best pregnancy so far. Why I feel aggravated and frustrated in the last 24 hours, I've no clue? I'm having a lot of BH's but nothing to write home about. I'm certainly in better shape really than most on the board as far as feeling physically really good. No SPD, no massive pelvic pain, no out of control heartburn...really pretty good...

My emotions on the other hand are flipping ridiculous and I feel stupid for being so out of control. I keep texting DH to pls just shoot me like a sick animal being tortured that needs out of it's misery. Smart ass replies with sexual comments about shooting me... at least he thinks it's adorable. I can't stand myself.

This is sad...
Oh, this is so me the last few days. I was biting everyone'e head off yesterday, and I can HEAR it coming out of my mouth and while it's happening I want to slap myself across the face, but I just can't stop it. It sucks.

The funny thing is that I'm not in a hurry to have the baby, I'm frustrated and tired and cranky and got up this morning to pee, and my hand was so numb I had a hard time GRIPPING THE TOILET PAPER. I mean, frigging seriously...so I got back into bed and cried. Dh kind of woke up and asked what was the matter, and I wanted to punch him in the face. I'm perfectly fine letting baby hang out for a few more days but the numb hand is absolutely putting me over the edge. Plus, at my chiro appointment last week, after she asked how I was feeling, and I told her about my hand being puffy and the carpal tunnel still being an issue, she actually said to me "Yes, this is the first time I've seen you where YOU LOOK PREGNANT IN THE FACE."

PREGNANT. IN. THE. FACE.

How she didn't get knocked out, I'll never know. So now, when I look in the mirror, I see a puffy face and that's not helping my mood.

I'm trying to get back to my zen spot today, dh and ds are making me both a chocolate cake AND brownies, so maybe that will help. I ate four eggs for breakfast this morning and am thinking about hitting up some decaf just to help my sour mood. I don't want to be like this for mother's day.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#41 of 54 Old 05-08-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm itchy - sweet mother of pearl how I itch

I'm tired of GD food- I want CARBS - cake, pie, ice-cream, pasta. I really want stuffed shells with really good red sauce

I'm tired of testing my blood sugar 4x a day

my hips feel like they are unscrewing

I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow but I WANT TO MEET MY BABY!!!

why did I not find out the sex??? I wanna know NOW!

and yet nothing is organized! I don't have my HB supplies ready and I still have school - lots of school

How can I simultaneously want the baby to come now? and wait another 5 weeks....
#42 of 54 Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I am crabby! BabyGirl is *still* ROP with a totally undescended head. Not just not engaged but floating! I'm sure it's because of her position. I am trying to do everything I can to help her get her head flexed but all the good positions are uncomfortable, hard to sustain and make it impossible to do anything else like read, sew etc etc. Most of them also involve being on the floor which is hard to get on and off and my feet go to sleep in about 2 seconds.

And the Spinning Babies website is annoying me too. In my current mood it seems vague, inconsistent and hard to navigate. Just what I need.

Grrrr. Sorry for the whine.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#43 of 54 Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
I am crabby! BabyGirl is *still* ROP with a totally undescended head. Not just not engaged but floating! I'm sure it's because of her position. I am trying to do everything I can to help her get her head flexed but all the good positions are uncomfortable, hard to sustain and make it impossible to do anything else like read, sew etc etc. Most of them also involve being on the floor which is hard to get on and off and my feet go to sleep in about 2 seconds.

And the Spinning Babies website is annoying me too. In my current mood it seems vague, inconsistent and hard to navigate. Just what I need.

Grrrr. Sorry for the whine.
My babe just flops from ROP to LOP & back. And I have the same feelings about spinningbabies.com. Nothing seems to work. I feel helpless and hopeless.

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
#44 of 54 Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM

arg! I'm so frustrated
DH has started up the I can't have sex with you because I'm not in a hurry for baby crud WEEKS back...this last week I don't want a baby but yes I want to DTD...finally he's in the mood this morning and I wasn't but well I thought well shoot I better go for it...and well it wasn't much because of course he's afraid it'll start labor..and he basically laid there...how fun . Who cares buddy I'm losing my mind in frustration...I haven't had my drive in 7 months and it turned on 3 weeks ago and he won't touch me with a 10ft pole...I'm nearing 39 weeks and won't get to have sex for WEEKS....Ugh Men.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#45 of 54 Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
arg! I'm so frustrated
DH has started up the I can't have sex with you because I'm not in a hurry for baby crud WEEKS back...this last week I don't want a baby but yes I want to DTD...finally he's in the mood this morning and I wasn't but well I thought well shoot I better go for it...and well it wasn't much because of course he's afraid it'll start labor..and he basically laid there...how fun . Who cares buddy I'm losing my mind in frustration...I haven't had my drive in 7 months and it turned on 3 weeks ago and he won't touch me with a 10ft pole...I'm nearing 39 weeks and won't get to have sex for WEEKS....Ugh Men.

Not at you...but I can so relate. Except for us it's rather fast these days when we do finally have all the stars aligned. He doesn't want to smoosh baby, but he knows I'm in the mood and also like the "labor encouraging effects" of sex so he consents. And then about two minutes later(when he's done and I'm just getting in the groove) he complains that we don't do it enough and he can't last so long anymore. Now there's some frustration for ya!

Let me say this since sex is the subject. Don't lay on your back. I was sick of other positions and thought-gee what's a minute or two on my back? I literally started to get tunnel vision and black out! I rolled over to my side and told DH what was going on and that pretty much sealed the deal that night.

I can't wait for normal sex.

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#46 of 54 Old 05-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperfox View Post
My babe just flops from ROP to LOP & back. And I have the same feelings about spinningbabies.com. Nothing seems to work. I feel helpless and hopeless.
I am right with you, mamas. How is my LO moving this much? She's just floating wherever she pleases. I feel hiccups in my hips, under my ribs, etc. She's so tricky!

Bubblette--If I eat chips or a tortilla w/cheese and beans, it doesn't mess w/my bG at all. Mexican food, thank goddess! However, I still dream of huffing down Girl Scout thin mint cookies.

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#47 of 54 Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Okay I've totally posted enough to this thread...but I just let off some anger at my mom in an email. She keeps flopping between being great and being in massive fear over our home birth. She just sent me a bunch of pictures along with a "horror" story about a lady she works with that had a ten pound baby...mind you mine come out 9.3oz ish...and even in her horror story it was a vaginal birth. She ended her letter with concern over the "12 pound baby you're carrying"

After how she acted on Mother's Day on top of it...I had it. It's like she's on a mission to piss off everyone in my family or hurt people's feelings. I told her that I'm just not up for all the negative energy and fear and calming other people's feelings for MY birth...where I need to be supported...I basically said I hope she can find her trust and faith before this little one decides on a birth date.

The last month is just whacky. It seems that when I'm in a good space, other people around me aren't and when they finally get a grip, I lose it!

DS seems to be coming down with a cold too! I'd like to leave the cranky crabby thread now...where's the Zen? You know, I think I see it in the quesadilla mentioned above...mmmm

#48 of 54 Old 05-17-2010, 01:21 PM

I need to resurrect this thread....

Last night I was up between 1:30-6:00 am for no reason. I was just AWAKE. So I got a total of about 4 hours of sleep. Went to school, functioned (kinda). By the time I got home I was exhausted, dehydrated, and having regular some painful some not painful bh. Oh and found out my midwife has fallen ill....

So I drank a bunch of water, and took a nap, could only sleep for about an hour. I felt better. We had dinner, all was well. I took a hot bath and drank some tea. I go to get in bed and now I'm nauseous...... my intestines are writhing around and my stomach is turning flips. I've got chills... I feel like crud. It's past midnight. I need SLEEP....

I've got 4 more days of classes, and I've got 6 finals to study for. I could keep plugging along if only I could get some sleep.

I'm afraid of going into labor.... how can I possibly do it if I haven't slept?
#49 of 54 Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 PM

My daughter found the cat had barfed down the stairs. And he must have walked in it because I found traces of it downstairs in the living room. Why does he only do this when my husband is at work?

It was so nice and cool over the weekend but now it's back to that muggy, getting hot way. So over trying to wear clothes.

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#50 of 54 Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

I got on to stalk down this thread and it was already bumped. :-)

Wanna talk irrational crazy and bitter today? I think I would administer my own pit drip this very second if there was one accessible without me moving from my recliner. That I just sat down in after fighting my 2yo for TWO HOURS to go down for a nap. And my MIL to 2 hours off her demanding job to come spend quality time with her, and now she will be sleeping through it. It also means that my normal 2 hrs of nap or house stuff is gone because now I have to shower and get ready to leave before MIL arrives. But still have to clean enough that she isn't appalled.

I truly don't have life things to complain about, but I am not a person that enjoys being pregnant and on a discomfort scale of 1-10, I never exceeded a 5 with my first two. This one is like a freaking 9 every day that this point. My hips feel dislocated. My lower back is shot. Pubic bone is splitting in two. And when I got DH to DTD last night, whatever motion I was engaging in was causing this gawd awful repetative cracking/grinding sound in my hips and tail bone area and now he is afraid that DTD will paralyze me. Who the hell knows, maybe he is right.

I am considering pulling a Forest Gump and just heading out walking and not stopping until she comes out.

So if you see a very pregnant woman, with a scowl, waddling through your area, feel free to join me.
#51 of 54 Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 PM

I am so, so very grumpy today. I'm not sure where the impatience came from. I'm hoping that it's gone again tomorrow. But for today, I just want this kid OUT OUT OUT.

I want to meet my child and to know that this one will actually make it. I want to finally be a mom. I want to figure out what's next. I also want to be able to lie on my back and roll over without pain. I'm sick of cleaning, sick of nesting, sick of reading the internets, sick of time to myself, even. I want to be overcommitted and pooped on and to know that all of this has actually been for something.

My due date isn't even until this weekend, so I don't have any good excuse to be this impatient. I just am.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#52 of 54 Old 05-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
I am so, so very grumpy today. I'm not sure where the impatience came from. I'm hoping that it's gone again tomorrow. But for today, I just want this kid OUT OUT OUT.

I want to meet my child and to know that this one will actually make it. I want to finally be a mom. I want to figure out what's next. I also want to be able to lie on my back and roll over without pain. I'm sick of cleaning, sick of nesting, sick of reading the internets, sick of time to myself, even. I want to be overcommitted and pooped on and to know that all of this has actually been for something.

My due date isn't even until this weekend, so I don't have any good excuse to be this impatient. I just am.
ditto all of this (and my due date is next weekend).
#53 of 54 Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM

due tomorrow...feeling like a watched pot.....MIL calls daily for the any baby yet...ppl keep messaging me I'm losing my MIND.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#54 of 54 Old 05-20-2010, 01:29 PM

Hi ladies,

Glad there is a place to whine. I have been up and down, having a great day and then a down-and-out day. This morning I did 15 mins of work and feel completely wasted. No real labor symptoms. I'm due on Mon and I'm also crabby b/c I know, based on last wk's appt, that they will start talking about induction. I even have a MW and I am feeling really stressed about this. They aren't pressuring me to do anything now, but they will if it goes too long. Then one of my friends started asking innocent questions about it and I just took it too personally. I just feel like my feelings or wishes are being invalidated. Why make going over 40 wks something so awful? Argh.

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page