Crabby and Cranky: leave your whining here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just needed a generic whine thread.

My toddler won't sleep and I am exhausted which means nothing getting done around the house. DH is overworked and I feel bad for him. DD1 is in the throws of preteen hell and I have no idea how to deal effectively with it. That is really it. Mostly I am just SO exhausted that everything seems out or proportion, ya know? Like I need to pay 3 bills (which we have $ for) and water the flowers and I feel like it is climbing mount everest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM

I have so many whines I don't even know where to begin. I guess my major whine is that I'm having a ridiculous hard time sleeping now and I wake up so tired the next day I can't even function. I hope I can find my zen feelings again but it's starting to get harder and harder.

I'll just stop there.

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Well.
I have been cranky off and on for a few days.
First of all, this is my 5th baby. You'd think...(you'd think!!!) that I'd go "on time" for once. Here I am...40 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting) and pregnant.

I can't stand the comments. You know the "are you still pregnant," "whoa! You look like you're about to POP!", and so on and so forth. I have NEVER been able to stand people hovering over me at "the end" - calling me every day to ask "anything yet???" like they are going to randomly call me during labor or something. It's bugged me since baby #1 - nothing new really. I think it has become more annoying. lol.

I am so excited and ready for this baby to come that it makes me annoyed and anxious that I am "waiting"!! I know that probably is the most retarded thing ever....but it's my retarded thing. lol. I mean - everyone else "waits" too. Although, I suppose that I could argue, that some women are just cruising along at 39 weeks and 2 days and not a care in the world and they go into labor. Me? NOT SO MUCH.
Baby 1 - 42 weeks exactly.
Baby 2 - 41 weeks 3 days.
Baby 3 - 41 weeks 6 days
Baby 4 - 43 weeks and 3 days (YES! you read correctly!)

I took castor oil with my 1st and 4th. My 4th was 10 pounds even. Not doing that again (not that it was horribly hard, but pregnancy was hard those last 2 weeks! she was big!). This baby isn't that big, but still, I am NOT waiting!

I carry high, and so I think without the pressure of the baby's head down on the cervix I just don't go into labor well... it takes longer. I don't know. That is my theory.

So anyway, I am cranky because of annoying people, and being of my annoying labor pattern, and I just want to start!!! I love labor and birth! I love knowing my baby is coming soon. I want to meet this little girl or little man moving around inside of me!! I'm just ready!!!!!!!!!
Ok.
End Vent.
Thanks =)

Amanda, wife to my best friend Josh, Mommy to Jenna, Lukas, Adam, Livea and Ethan!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM

DeChRi, I love how you said everything feels out of proportion. Perfect! I'll have to keep that in mind when I feel ready to melt down.
Athough this week we've had to spend about 30 hours in the basement cleaning from the flood: pumping, sweeping, mopping, cleaning, throwing out, repeat. Now I'm so worried about mold. I could go on, of course, but won't.
But I think I'll take my flooded basement over dealing with pre-teen angst any day !
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM

gentle - i hear ya! i don't understand why ppl feel the need to comment. i have gotten the "you look like you are about to pop" comment too. it's so annoying.

i was terribly cranky all last week. but this week i feel like i'm in better spirits (of course i did take mon off from work b/c i was exhausted so maybe that helped). but i'm still tired, and this waking up every 2 hrs to pee is REALLY getting old!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 PM

OMG - I so need this thread today....and I have only been up for 1 1/2 hours.

No sleep for 2 nights in a row...

1st night because DH was up till almost 3 in the morning troubleshooting our fax line (ok, couldn't he have waited till morning)....I had just finally fallen asleep in the boys room on a little roll out bed, and he friggen wakes me up to tell me to go to bed...Oh, and I had to get up yesterday at 8.

2nd night (last night) because the roofers were here till almost 9:30, which means my kids were up 2 hours past their bed time (hard to get them to sleep and calm down for sleep with people pounding on the roof)....so, kids went to bed about 9:30, thankfully were tired and feel right asleep. Then, it took almost another hour to get DD2 calmed down and asleep.

DS2 is driving me nuts today...he has had too many disruptions in routine between yesterday and this morning already. The last straw with him, is he see's the roofer's wife and assumes she has the kids with him....while I am on with DH on the cell phone, he jumps out of the car, runs across the street (and we live on a very busy street), and I just loose it on him. He did the exact same thing yesterday. He fully understands how dangerous the street is and can even tell you why....but he has no ability to put that knowledge into practice...basically he knows it is dangerous and what can happen, but when given a chance to practice his safety he just ignores it and goes for what he wants. So, if a ball rolls into the street and goes across the street, he would run into the street after the ball to get it...even though he knows he could get really hurt.

Then, on top of that...I just forked out almost $400 in money and still have no working vehicle. I paid $172 to a repair shop to be told they couldn't find anything wrong or get it to replicate. Go to meet DH at the rental car company to return the rental car, and shut the car off while waiting for him. Go to turn it back on, and it is doing the exact same thing we took it to the shop for in the first place....

Then, they have 1 person working the entire rental car company place, and we are talking major national chain. I got there about 9:05, and had to leave to get DH home so he could go on a job site. I then go back to finish the return. Almost an hour after I originally get there, they are still working with one of the people that was there before me, and another one is sitting on the side in a chair waiting for a vehicle still....I have 2 kids (DS2 and DD2 in the car, so I am kid of just standing there with the door open....and the girl was so rude...she just grab the keys from me, takes a note pad, writes something down, goes back in, and ignores me....then starts riffling through paperwork on the counter, then on her desk...someone else walks in, and she jumps up to help them....

At that point, I say to myself "screw it" leave the credit card there and figure they will eventually get back to my transaction and do whatever the heck they want with it and they can scan the card and pay for it...since obviously no one is willing to communicate anything to me.... Yes, I understand that the person who walked in after me, was the girl who was there when I first got there at 9, and had come back....but still, you are in the middle of working with someone, it would at least be polite to acknowledge me and give me some idea of what the hold up on checking me out is, before jumping to another person who had come back from earlier to change out vehicles...and leave me hanging.

Oh, and I am with gentlestrengths on how she feels...especially with being a long gestator...for me...I am 38+6 today.
DS1 42+5
DS2 42 exactly
DD1 (full term loss) 40+2
DD2 40+6.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM

I'm right there with all of you on the fatigue factor...not sleeping at all at night, so my days are exhausting. But more than that, I'm stuck on bedrest for high blood pressure- grateful to be at home and not in the hospital, but every day my hopes of a peaceful waterbirth are going out the window and it's looking more probable that this will not end well. My super awesome, crunchy and not-hasty midwife is pretty sure we're going to the hospital soon, at least for observation and most likely induction- we're just trying to let baby girl cook another few days so we can be officially full term before we make a decision- I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday.

My whine is that I'm mourning the possible loss of another perfect birth. DS1 was a hospital induction- wasn't horrible, but when compared to my perfect, blissful birth with DS2, there is just no comparison. I'm so against medical births at this point, that I am fighting a huge internal battle between what I beleive in and what's safest for me and my daughter. I keep having little crying outbursts when I think about all the things I wanted to do in my last month of pregnancy that bedrest is robbing me of, including some special things with my boys. It just all feels too big to handle today!!!

Jessica- married to David- parenting our 3 monkeys- DS #1 (age 7) DS #2 (age 4) and a brand new DD (born 5/10/10)
Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 PM

I need this thread, too. It seems like people in my support system are letting me down, one after the other, through either circumstances or just flaking out. The latest is my doula, now not available after injuring her knee. I understand this isn't something she wanted to happen, but it's just the latest crap.

Now I'm 37 wks and scrambling to find someone that I can meet and like and feel comfortable with to help birth my child.

Also, my mom just basically told me she doesn't want to deal w/DD during my labor since she will be freaking out to be with me. Thanks a lot.

Sorry that you other mamas are having a hard time, too.

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlestrengths View Post
I can't stand the comments. You know the "are you still pregnant," "whoa! You look like you're about to POP!", and so on and so forth. I have NEVER been able to stand people hovering over me at "the end" - calling me every day to ask "anything yet???" like they are going to randomly call me during labor or something. It's bugged me since baby #1 - nothing new really. I think it has become more annoying. lol.
THIS!

This is also my 5th (earthside) baby and I am so sick of people calling/hovering in the last few weeks. I have a tendency to go beyond my EDD, too, but they still start "checking in" around 36-37 weeks... as if I will secretly give birth and never tell them; I live in the SAME TINY town as my parents, grandparents, sister, and in-laws... I think someone would notice!! PLUS, for the first time in any pregnancy, I am SO ready to be done--tired of all the physical side effects, tired of being so tired I can barely function, ready to meet this little guy! So, it doesn't help when people are calling/stopping by all the time... even if they try to thinly veil their intentions. "I was just calling, uh, to, ummmm, see if you were, uhhhhhh, still planning to um, go to church tonight. Yes, that's it. Are you going to church?" yup. Maybe I'll bring the baby I secretly birthed during the 15 minutes I wasn't on the phone this morning.

I'm also SO done with being up half the night with very convincing contractions; crampy, tight, back-wrenching contractions that will wake me up out of a dead-sleep, be regular every 5-10 minutes for hours, then just STOP. GGRRRRRRRR!! Then I have to function the next day,with minimal sleep and all these kids around here still expect me to do all the regular things I usually do... I feel like I am going to fall apart.

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

After 2 hrs of pouting, being angry at To Do list and struggling to control my 2yp, I just grabbed her, sunscreen and a bottle of RRL tea and we are driving 45 min to the zoo, lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post

Maybe I'll bring the baby I secretly birthed during the 15 minutes I wasn't on the phone this morning.
I know this is the Whiny Cranky thread...but with this comment I just have to...
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeChRi View Post
After 2 hrs of pouting, being angry at To Do list and struggling to control my 2yp, I just grabbed her, sunscreen and a bottle of RRL tea and we are driving 45 min to the zoo, lol.
At least you have a car to drive to the zoo with....

*sigh*

Honestly, I think the thing I am most pissed about is the car situation.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:

I'm also SO done with being up half the night with very convincing contractions; crampy, tight, back-wrenching contractions that will wake me up out of a dead-sleep, be regular every 5-10 minutes for hours, then just STOP. GGRRRRRRRR!! Then I have to function the next day,with minimal sleep and all these kids around here still expect me to do all the regular things I usually do... I feel like I am going to fall apart.
I totally feel you on that, mama! Almost every night I'm wondering if I'm actually in labour this time, and then I'm exhausted the next day. How come these contractions never come during the daytime?

Also I have one extremely annoying friend who usually calls late at night, and after repeatedly asking her not to call after 9 or 10pm since DH has to leave the house at 5:45 am, and I tend to conk out early as well, she called this morning at 8:45. Most mornings I would be up, but I had just managed to get back to sleep after a long night of contractions. So frustrated!

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM

Okay, I've been pretty good about my zen. But since you created this easy outlet...I. am. so. freaking. tired. And you did say it beautifully...it makes everything out of proportion.

Let's not even discuss the sleep issue and the two year old that suddenly wants to sleep in our bed again after months of hard sleep training. He crawls in the middle with all twenty of his elbows and thirty of his knees.

Here's my typical night for the last week...

Can I just say I'm a bed Nazi? I love you, I love to cuddle, I love sex, (especially when it promotes labor) but then get the hell away from me. It's 800 degrees, I'm sweating like a pig the size of a cow and want my damn space. The one time of day I can be a big fat pregnant slob and snore or drool and sleep in my own private dreamland...except DH is up my butt! DH the most hands off guy. Like, it's my job to initiate affection. Which is cool, he's always reciprocal, just not an initiator. Until I'm 10 months pregnant and exhausted. Then he wants up my butt!

If you split the (California King sized) bed in half (which in my logistics, there are two of me so, technically, I should get like um 3/4 of the bed) but okay fine if you split the bed in half it would be "fair." Except DH lays right. on. the. line. Facing my way. This equates to about 75% of the bed in my book. (yeah I actually look at the 50% line markers like the center of the headboard and eyeball measure how much he is hogging in the middle of the night )And then, he coughs, and smacks his lips and rubs his hands over his face nearly elbowing my face about five hundred times through the night.

So, I can only lay on my left or right side to begin with. Now my alloted bed space is half gone, AND when I do finally choose my left side I get to deal with you smacking imaginary gum and throwing elbows in my face? ARGH! I ask him to please move back and he mutters that he can't because it's dark and he can't see. He's tired and can't even think...and I just think to myself, it must be nice to sleep so hard you give THAT for a response.

This is the point where I decide I'm going to get up to pee and hopefully the noise will wake him up enough to realize he is being an unfair bed hog. I flip on the bathroom light, slam down the toilet seat (that HE left up) trickle out my tablespoon of "really I woke up for that?!?!" and be sure to flush, wash, and shut the door loudly on the way out. Oh, it works, he wakes up all right and he has now taken my comforter hostage as his own personal body pillow. OMG I'm gonna kill! I grab my pillow and comforter and yank them from his tightly clenched fists. I will not have DH drool on my sacred bed buddies. He wakes up with a start and is pissed at me for being mean and waking him up so rudely.

About the time things settle down and I have at least 40% of the bed again, drift off into a peaceful slumber...this little two year old says "drink" about a foot from my head. Which really means "me and my elbows want the middle please-or I will wake up screaming every thirty minutes til dawn-so move over lady"

Okay so to complete my novel length rant is it that big of a deal the midwives are coming today and DH finally got around to painting the matte finished wall patches with glossy paint? No. But it's way outta proportion in my head. Is it that big of a deal that I'm 36.5 with no signs of dropping or impending labor at all? Well, no, it's pretty normal really. But it's way outta proportion in my head. Is it that big of a deal that suddenly DS's diapers are springing leaks left and right and I JUST spent a whole day romancing the carpets with a rented rug shampooer? Well, no, but damnit it feels pretty out of proportion to ME! I could keep listing, but really it's not all that big of deals it's just me. My bills are paid, there's food in the fridge, no one is sick and that right there is the start of a great list of gratitude, but man am I out of proportion right now!

Can I deal with three more weeks of these hormones?...if I don't get some sleep, probably not!

Is it nap time yet?

Thank you for the opportunity to leave my baggage behind. I'm going to let it go now, and move about my day

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Oh Crispie, your DH lip smacking in his sleep and all those great descriptions

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 PM

You know ladies...I really think this thread is theraputic...regardless if you are needing to vent/cry/whine/be crabby, etc...or just need affirmation you are not alone.

After reading through this and putting down my vent for the day...I am actually feeling so much better, and have looked back through a few of the posts and laughed. Because some of them are also how I feel.

Maybe we should have one of these on a daily basis.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
Maybe we should have one of these on a daily basis.
I totally agree!

And Crispie, I totally feel your pain but I lol'd through that whole post! I'm not as nice as you, though - I push DH back to his side. Forcefully.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM

Today was my "be a fun mommy and enjoy the last few days of having an only child" day. It took about five minutes to become "watch the movie, Mommy is drinking her coffee in the kitchen and trying not to yell" day.

I have no patience. My poor dd. She is such an awesome kid and I can't get it together lately. I hate being so critical. I need to remember to just let things go that don't matter. Maybe I'll try starting the day over.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:25 PM

lol I'd love to just shove his skinny but right off his side of the bed, but there are two issues with that. The main one being he wakes up like a damn bear you just poked in the sleeping eye with a stick...and that's on a good day after 10 hours of sleep. The second issue being, since he's already taking 75% of the bed I'd have a long way to push him and I can barely roll my big ole self over at this point. Maybe if I go on his side and push him off of my side onto the floor it would work...gonna contemplate this one...

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7swans View Post
I totally agree!

And Crispie, I totally feel your pain but I lol'd through that whole post! I'm not as nice as you, though - I push DH back to his side. Forcefully.
It can be a totally non-judgment post. Any little thing that is bothering you you can complain about on it to get it out...a sort of get the baggage out and let it go type of post.

I am sure about a month after the babies are born, we can all come back and have a good laugh at our own expense...because I am sure normal little things wont bother us as much any more.

*LOL* BTW - the poor rental car company we went through..DH went back to get my credit card, and they gave us a lower rate on the vehicle...I wasn't upset with them as much as I was with the entire fact that I just got my car back last night and it still was not fixed, and the only thing I was getting was well next time it happens run over here right away...umm..by the time I get to you, it will probably be perfectly fine.

The rental company was already taking a weekend day off, because the car we originally had, started grinding metal on brakes when we were driving, and they didn't have another vehicle till Monday (this was on Saturday)...

We put a new battery in the van, and see if that will change any of the issues we are having..
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Bean View Post
It seems like people in my support system are letting me down, one after the other, through either circumstances or just flaking out.
Me, too. I think some of it is just me (justifiably) expecting a lot right now, but some of it really is just my support people letting me down (like mom "forgetting" she was to babysit ds while I have a cervix check at the ob an hour's drive away. Hello! Wake up please! I reminded you TWICE!) It's disappointing.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Oh boy do I I've something to be cranky about. About 3 weeks ago I got pulled over by the cops for having a clear license plate cover on my car. I got the cover several years ago because someone stole the registration sticker off my car which I still got a ticket for even though I showed proof I had paid for
it. (before anyone tells me the trick to slice the sticker to avoid having people steal it, I actually did that and the idiot took all the little pieces and took older stickers under it as well so it looked like I had not registered in years). So I was in the car with my pregnant sister, and my prego self and my 2 yr old and the chp officer didn't let me off with a warning or anything even after i told him the above story. I got a fix it ticket. I removed the cover and went to my local chp office to have them sign off on it that I removed it and they did. He told me I would still have to pay a $25 court processing fee. Although it's a small amount I still feel i shouldn't have to pay a dime but whatever that's the way it goes. He told me to go to the courthouse and drop off my payment and that would be that. I get there and wait in a super long line for over 30 min. I can't stand for more than a few min before feeling light headed so I had my dad come and wait in line for me while I sat on a bench. When we made it to
the window you will never guess what happened. The chp officer that originally gave me the ticket had changed it after i left to a NON fixable ticket. The clerk showe me a copy where "yes" had been crossed out and changed to
no. WTF? How is this not fixable? So because of this man I have a bail of $174.00 and have to come back after I have the baby to schedule a court date that would be in 1-2 months from that date. I just left crying. This is so unfair just because he wanted to be mean. Now that trip there was a waste despite how hard it was for me to go. I have to make another trip while I'm supposed to be recovering to wait in that horrible line again to schedule a court date only to have to go back again... Leaving my newborn who I plan to exclusivly breast feed at home with my mother who will surely give her formula! (that formula bit is a whole other post) gosh idk why these things happen to
me. I know they happen to everyone but I get it so much. I've gotten horrible bad things happen to me for the last 3 years... Starting with losing my daughter. And as a single mom each one of these blows feels like it's x10. Sigh.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM

I don't feel great today- icky stomach again and sort of feeling like there's an egg in my esophagus. I hate that.

And as long as I'm in the whining thread, I'll just mention that I'm tired of super-pregnant sex. It's really just not as fun and I totally build it up in my mind only to be sorely disappointed with what actually happens... lol. I should add this is not because of any type of failure on the part of my partner, just the reality of "oh, that's not good/ that won't work/ that's uncomfortable/ he can't breathe/ i can't breathe/ I can't actually move like that anymore/ the baby's kicking and distracting me", etc, etc. We still do it, but it's just not what I want, KWIM? Lol. I guess I should shut up and be happy that we're still doing it, right?

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:38 PM

OPM--I am so sorry about all that red tape crap.

HennyPenny--WTH with all the flakiness? I am so over it!

feministmama--I hear you about being uncomfortable, but yes, be grateful you are still doing it. My DH is so not pulling his weight w/the conjugal stuff. IDK why, maybe it's pg stuff, but I have been really disappointed the whole pregnancy!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'll bring the baby I secretly birthed during the 15 minutes I wasn't on the phone this morning.

I know, right? I have taken to answering the "no baby yet?" question with "yeah, it's upstairs/in the car."
As they're looking at me, gigantically pregnant, with OBVIOUSLY no baby yet. That's the answer they get.

My biggest gripe is the carpal tunnel. I am SO. Over. Having a numb hand. Worst pregnancy complaint I've ever dealt with.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM

We SOOO need this thread! I agree that it's theraputic. Sometimes you just need to get it all out, whether it solves anything or not. You just feel better with it off your chest.

My baby girl is due in 11 days and I am so ready it's crazy! I want her here today, now, yesterday, etc etc, you get the idea. I am always so "zen" about "being the vessel" and "baby knows when to be born". Today Im like "what a total wad of BS, do I really say this to clients that my mentor and I work with??" LOL. Right now I feel sick of being an incubator, but then in the next instant I wonder "can I do this again?" "what if.... what if.... what if....". This is my 4th planned UC, and all my friends and family think that with this being baby #7 Im just going to drop the kid in mid squat then get back up and carry on with my dishes/laundry/maid duties. And if my MIL comes home from work (yes, she lives with us, *very* scary at times) and asks me just one more time "any contractions?" Im going to commit ritual murder. DH is totally less than supportive. I went on a mad cleaning rampage today and he says "uh, I dont think the baby really cares one way or the other if the baseboard heaters are clean". NOT the thing to say when your very pregnant, very crabby wife is on her hands and knees in "clean freak" mode.GRRRR. Also tired of peeing 3-4times a night and finding no comfy spot in the bed! I woke at 5:30am this morning (and I am the farthest thing from a morning person) to ctx 7mins apart that lasted till 11am then came to a dead stop. Im just ready to see this baby! All my calm-cool-and collected zen BS has flown the coop and a possessed psychopath has taken her place!!

I just keep saying "11 more days" HAHAHA. Like that means anything to this little girl happily cooking away. Ive gone as late as 42wks+1 and never any earlier than 39wks, so no way of guessing...

Hang in there ladies. We'll get there.... eventually

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 AM

I am so, so, so sorry that everyone here feels the same way I do and so, so, so happy that everyone here feels the same way I do. LOL

How's that for end-of-pregnancy hormones?? At least, this BETTER be the end.!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 AM

Thank you for this thread. I was just about to post one of my own, but now can just relate with all of you. Am feeling a little better now after reading the posts, but overall still SO frustrated.

So, this whole waiting for true labor thing is driving me nuts! I'm sure it doesn't help that this is my first, I have no idea really what to expect, and I'm now 40w+4. The mw stripped my membranes yesterday afternoon & I almost immediately went into contractions which were consistent most of the evening at about 15 min apart. I did everything she said - relaxed, got a good night's sleep (thanks to wine & Benadryl per mw suggestion). Got up this morning to find my mucous plug. Contractions were down to 30-60 min apart. Still optimistic that today could be the day. Rested, walked, ate... and then things picked up this afternoon -- contractions 7 mins apart for an hours. Lots of "show". Then they taper off again (15 min apart). My back was killing me so I took a bath & now I got nothing. Maybe 1 an hour.

I'm trying to remind myself that this is a normal thing and it will happen when it happens, but I just want it to be go-time already! And, my crankiness has kicked in too. The little guy keeps doing head-butts to my cervix & I just want to say "OK body, why don't you help him out a little with some contractions".

OK, I feel better getting that out. I'm going to try to relax the rest of the night & will continue eating this very large bowl of pineapple that's in front of me as I wash it down with some RRL tea Hope everyone else feels better. Thanks for letting me vent

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 AM

Oh yes, I'm trying to remain very zen... of course, I checked my cervix tonight and I am now 4 cm. Yes, 4 cm. I have never been dilated AT ALL prior to real-no-questions-asked labor, so I'm a little nervous... I have gone from 2-3 cm to delivered in 1 1/2 hrs, so I'm really on edge with my husband working nights all week... I'm nervous that by the time my stupid, frustrating BH ctx turn into something REAL and I become convinced of their "REALNESS", call my husband and have him drive 25 min home, then try to get back in the car and drive 25 min to the hospital.... heck, even if I become convinced and call someone else to drive me in... I don't even want to think about the possibility of having this baby in *my* car, much less SOMEONE else's car!!!
Of course, of my 4 labors, 2 were inductions and the other 2 started in the middle of the night. One of those middle-of-the-night labors was only 3 hrs from first ctx to delivered... nervous! I wish my hubby could just take the rest of the month off!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, this may be the most posted on thread I have ever done, lol. Too much zoo and new stroller action yesterday has me in awful pain this morning. Which is a doulbe whammie as FIL asked me last night if he could take DD this morning to give me a chance to finish my final nesting bits. And now I hurt so bad that I am not going to be able to do much of anything. Bah.

MY GBS test results should be back today so I am anxiously awaiting those, as I lots a second round of mucus plug last night and am getting nervous. Fingers crossed for negatives.

User Tag List