Does bloody show have to be mucousy? possibly TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been having some pretty strong BH this afternoon. They are happening more regularly and lasting a little longer. Earlier I noticed blood when I went to the restroom. It seemed thin, more like menstrual blood. There was not a whole lot of it but it did seem odd since I have been expecting mucous tinged with blood.

It just reminded me of when my period first starts, kinda freaked me out a little but I don't want to go off on a ignorant first time mom scare.

I am going to sit tight and see what happens - no sense in calling anyone about it I guess.

Trying to make my grand scheme a reality!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM

I would think everyone is different. With my bloody show with ds there wasn't really what I would call mucus. It was like a jelly glob that was clear.

BFPChart2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Your cervix could have effaced a bit or even dilated a bit, which could have caused a small blood vessel to break....it is very common in pregnancy, especially this late in the game....

But if you are worried you could always call provider.
#4 of 4 Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM

It could very well be a capillary break Mama. This far along things are pretty sensitive "up there". Not being nosey, but have you had sex recently? Even if it's very gentle that can result in some light bleeding, as well as having had an internal exam from your MW/OB/HCP. It could also be your bloody show/mucus plug. Sometimes a mucus plug is just mucus, sometimes just bloody, sometimes boody mucus. There are so many variables. I would just keep an eye on things and monitor your BH, they might very well pick up and become stronger. If so, expect to see more "show" as things pick up the pace. On the other hand, you may have to sit tight for awhile longer. You can have a show/lose your plug and still stay pregnant for awhile longer. Just keep yourself as comfy as you can and keep aware. Best of Luck!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page