Had my little GIRL this morning! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
June Lyra arrived at 1am this morning unassisted at home, after 4 hours of labor, 3 pushes and (highlight for me) no tearing.
She is just the sweetest thing, not that I'm at *all* biased , nursing like a pro and very serene.
Will post uneventful birth story later

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 AM

CONGRATS on having your baby girl! Can't wait to hear the birth story! And welcome June Lyra - what a beautiful name!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:02 AM

So glad you got your little GIRL mama!! Congrats, can't wait to hear more about your birth and see pictures of her!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#4 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Congratulations! Enjoy this bonding time with your daughter--I'm looking forward to hearing more later!

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#5 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Awesome awesome awesome! Can't wait to hear your birth story (uneventful is good!! ) Congratulations and happy birthday June Lyra

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!
#6 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Amazing!!! Sounds wonderful. Congrats, Mama. I love her name

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#7 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Hooray! Can't wait to hear the whole story. What a pretty name!

Jezza, wife to T, oldmommers to E (7), A (4mos.) and three kitties
#8 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM

Congrats, Mama! What a beautiful name and a wonderful sounding birth experience! Can't wait to hear more! Enjoy your baby moon with your sweet baby girl!

Free-birthing, un-schooling (Waldorf style), extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering Earth Mama to Kayleb, ( 10/07) and Anaya ( 5/10)! Joyfully married to my beloved I hug trees and plant seeds.
#9 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Way to go, mama and congrat's! Love her name and can't wait to hear more details! Enjoy your little one!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#10 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 03:41 PM

Congratulations... can't wait to read the "uneventful" story!!

Welcome to the world, little June!!!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#11 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Congratulations!!!

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#12 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Congrats Mama! Welcome to the world babygirl!!! An "uneventfu"l UC is actually an awesome thing! ( Im hoping for my 4th "uneventful" UC anyday now.) So glad to hear everything went well. Looking forward to all the "boring" details when you are up for it! Enjoy your babymoon!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#13 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Yay! Congratulations!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#14 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 PM

DDCC, Congratulations!!!

Had to come in and give you props on the most beautiful name (My DD's name is Lyra June, LOL)

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#15 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Congrats! Glad all went so well! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Mom to Isaac Arthur (May 7, 2010)
#16 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Congratulations!
Hoping to "copy and paste" your birth story as my own... LOL (not likely, but I can wish)
#17 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Congratulations Mama!! Welcome to the world June Lyra

I agree, that's a gorgeous name! I can't wait to hear your uneventful birth story
#18 of 22 Old 05-15-2010, 10:08 PM

That is just so super! Enjoy your babymoon!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#19 of 22 Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 AM

Sounds wonderful! I like the ring of "uneventful birth!"

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#20 of 22 Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM

congratulations!! june AND lyra were both on our list of potential girls' names so obviously i love her name!

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#21 of 22 Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Finally getting around to posting her birth story!

After my first son was 9 days "late", my 2nd son was 2 weeks early. So I was really not sure what to expect with this pregnancy. It was such a different pregnancy than my previous two - which were identical to each other. It was still quite easy, but just very different. Everything from the foods I preferred to my cute round belly that stuck way out. After 38 weeks I started to get a little antsy, I didn't want to rush labor, but I was feeling SO GOOD! I thought there was no way I'd have the baby any time soon because I just felt so awesome. No weird aches and pains, I felt so mobile, I was sleeping very well and I had lots of energy.
On Friday the 7th, DH had planned to get off work early and order a truck of concrete so we could do some work in the barn. I was looking forward to this because I was sure it would put me into labor. Instead, he got held up at work and we never got it done that week. I spent another week feeling great, keeping ahead on cleaning and laundry, baking and spending lots of time with the boys. We re-scheduled the plans for the concrete to the next Friday, the 14th.
That morning (the 14th), I woke up to a bit of bloody show! I didn't say a word to DH so he went off to work and planned to come home around 2pm for the concrete to show up shortly after. As the day progressed, I had light contractions every 10 minutes or so, so I knew I'd better do all those last minute things like dishes, laundry, mop the floor, bake some pies (I had an order for 12 that afternoon)... DH came home at 2 and said the truck may be delayed. This made me a little nervous because I was pretty sure as soon as that truck left, my labor would pick up. Thankfully it wasn't delayed very long and we were finished and cleaned up by 6pm. I had no intentions of making supper so we went up the road to the golf course restaurant. I figured I should tell DH that we would most likely be having a baby that weekend, now that the cement work was done. He was pretty surprised but also somewhat thankful I didn't tell him earlier as he would have been preoccupied and things wouldn't have gone as smoothly.
After supper we came home, puttered around outside a bit then he went to put the boys to bed. They fell asleep at 9pm and just then my real labor kicked in. I wanted to put the duvet cover back on but I just couldn't concentrate so I hopped in the bathtub for 45min or so. DH kept coming in and checking on me and I kept telling him we had awhile yet. The water got cold so I thought I'd try to go to sleep as I was VERY tired and could hardly keep my eyes open. DH had a quick shower while I tried to sleep, but before too long I was back sitting in the bathroom. I just didn't want to be alone anymore. DH shaved which I found to be funny later because I realized he HAD shaved but couldn't for the life of me remember when he had a chance to
I tried to go back to bed but it just wasn't comfortable, plus I was starting to feel queasy. It was 10:30 at this point. I sat on the couch instead, threw up (fish and chips actually wasn't a poor choice because it wasn't too nasty coming back up!), and called the midwife to let her know that I was in labor. At that point contractions were only 30 seconds long and anywhere from 5-7 minutes apart. She asked if I wanted her to come then, but I declined because I felt it was still much too early. After all, I was in pre-labor the last time for a couple DAYS.
From 10:30-11:15 I alternated from the couch to the bathroom to the floor, from 11:15-12am I paced around the office and from 12-12:45 I was laying on the livingroom floor. I still kept drifting off to sleep between each contraction, they got to be 3 minutes apart but were still only 30 seconds long. DH laid down behind me and would rub my back with each contraction which I think also helped keep him awake. Just watching a laboring woman for a few hours can get kind of boring! At that point we had a bit of a laugh because earlier in the day I had offered HIM a back rub that night after pouring all that cement in the barn! Finally at 12:45 I felt that I NEED to labor on the toilet. After only two contractions I started to feel just a little pushy and told DH that if he wanted the midwife there, that was the time to call. He went through the paging system, she called back and he told her that the contractions were 30 seconds long, 3 minutes apart and that I was feeling pushy. Then she asked to talk to me! hahaha I told her exactly the same thing and told her regardless - I AM PUSHY! As in: if you want to be here at all, please come now...
As soon as I hung up my body started those uncontrollable pushes. One and the baby slipped down, two my water broke, two and a half I tried to breathe through because the baby was *right there* and I was trying to not have the same tearing as last time and on the last of that push she was out, body and all. DH got to discover that SHE is a GIRL and we were both a little surprised. Okay, after how different my pregnancy was, I would have been more surprised if it were a boy, but it was still really exciting to see that she's a girl!
At the second push, DH was fumbling with camera batteries and I told him he had to stop because the baby was coming out NOW. So when I asked him if she was posterior, he honestly couldn't say as he said she just spun and flew out all at once That was 1am on the dot, May 15th which was my actual due date!
I needed to take a minute and process that she was actually out already as the whole labor just seemed to short overall to me. DH rubbed her back and cleared some mucous out, she only cried for 10 seconds, started to pink up then fell asleep as soon as we wrapped her up. After all, it was a long evening for all of us! We moved the show to the livingroom to stay warm by the wood stove then after 20 minutes or so we cut the cord so I could have some mobility as I wanted to nurse but sitting wasn't comfortable.
The midwife arrived shortly after and started to set up her stuff and made sure the baby was warming up well. My only complaint about the entire event is that it seemed to take FOREVER to get everything done so I could go to bed. I was still super sleepy and all I wanted was to take a shower, get some pajamas on and curl up in bed with my baby, but it just seemed to be one thing after another and we didn't get to bed until 3:45am.
DS2 woke up around 1:45 so DH brought him downstairs to see the baby. At first he was too preoccupied with the dog's ball and with playing shy towards the midwife that he didn't even realize I had a baby in my arms. But when he did see her, he was instantly fascinated. For the previous few days, him and DS1 had been regularly talking to my belly and saying "come out baby, it's time to come out!". A few minutes later DS1 woke up as well and came down to see her. He was smitten right away and couldn't wait to give her hugs and kisses and hold her and talk to her. They still haven't stopped fussing over her and seem to think she's just the greatest little sister.
As soon as she was out, my first thought was - wow! I could totally do this again! I was only dying for 4 hours, that's not so bad afterall! Plus my recovery has been excellent. My milk came in at a good time, I didn't end up with any stitches or tears that cause me grief, I have loads of energy and overall I just feel wonderful. So far she has been a very mellow baby, not gassy, rarely cries (just when she gets undressed), she nurses very well and is very content when she is awake.

Her stats were: 7lbs 11oz, 21in long 34cm head
I find the weight to be amusing because towards the end of my pregnancy my fundal height wasn't increasing and we were starting to get concerned about a too-small baby - but she's half a pound heavier than my boys were!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#22 of 22 Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 PM

Oh I love it! The whole shebang! Her name, her birth-beautiful!

Pass some fast easy uneventful girly labor vibes yes please!!!

Have a wonderful babymoon!

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page