Trying to decide whether to get excited or get p'd off... LOL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here I am, 40+1, and having convincing contractions that were 10 min apart and now they are about 7 min apart. I haven't even told my DH because I'm so freaking SICK contractions that start, pick up and then fizzle out.
So, after a little 'scare' earlier when I thought maybe my water broke (don't think so now, but it was weird... I've never ruptured membranes before 6cm in active labor before, anyway), I've been noticing these contractions... I'm too pregnant to not be at least a little excited about these crampy/grabby/super tight ctx, but I'm also too pregnant to do this for a couple hours and then end up with a big fat NOtHING. So far, lying down, sitting, walking around, getting the kids in bed, etc, hasn't affected them...

I'd love not to see 41 weeks this go 'round!!

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#2 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 12:03 AM

I'm right there with you, minus one day. Today is my due date (out of three pregnancies this is the ONLY one I've made it this far into.) The prodromal labor is KILLING me. I have had hours and hours of contractions that go to 5 minutes apart, stay there for a few hours and then just stop. Seriously, I can't take much more of this. I'm EXHAUSTED. 2 months of this crazy cycle and now I keep thinking it can't be much longer...right?

In fact, I told DH last night that I refuse to believe I'm actually :in: labor until this kid is crowning...it's been that bad.

The best part is, it :really: can't be much longer for either of us!
#3 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Never mind. *sigh* These contractions are THREE MINUTES APART now.. and they just don't feel "real". This sucks... I'm going to bed. boo.

Three minutes apart? Are you freaking kidding me???... blah.

Yes, I know it can't be much longer, but that's little consolation at this point!! :P

#4 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 AM

Ugh, this has been me!! Every friggin day I get the 5 min apart braxton hicks that go on for hours and hours..and then when I go to bed, they fizzle. I have now had 4 days of bloody show and loosing tons of plug, the braxton hicks feel sharp and more down low..all day, 5-7 min apart and NOTHING, no baby!!

And the kicker, I'm 41+5 weeks. What the heck?? I want to bang my ahead against the wall. Every day I get my hopes up. I just want to birth my baby already..uuuughh!!! I have waited so long for this and now its like it just wants to tease me.

Hang in there mama, your soooo not alone!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#5 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspirant View Post

In fact, I told DH last night that I refuse to believe I'm actually :in: labor until this kid is crowning...it's been that bad.
This is me! My mom was telling me today that she thinks the kid will just fall out by the time I realize its "real" labor. haha

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#6 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 08:16 AM

Just had a nice round of prodromal last night myself. Got the pool all filled....DH was all up puttering around doing laundry...contractions were 2-3 minutes apart...and yeah. This morning I lost some of my mucus plug including a little that was blood tinged...trying not to lose all hope but, I feel like crying. DH asked me this morning if he should go to work... Guess so...no reason to hold our breath.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#7 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM

Right there with you all the way mama. 40+2 today and last night i thought "yes, this is IT, bring it on!". I get up, go potty, walk around about cuz things are so tight, and within a half hour... gone! Today.... NOTHING. No mucus, no show, no cramps. WAAAAAA.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#8 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 07:10 PM

to you all. I can't wait to hear about when they finally make their way into the world.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#9 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 PM

Today, I am your twin. And I have cried thrice already out of frustration. It's one thing to be zen with nothing going on, but to have prodromal labor enough to convince a five timer that this is it and then have it peter out...almost daily now for a week...ugh. I'm tired, I'm beyond annoyed, and I hate how I feel. I don't want to feel anger and frustration and I certainly don't want to be thinking to my unborn child "get the he!! out already" but that is where my emotions are today. I'm just pissed at the end of this pregnancy.

Had massive cervical pain all day yesterday. I mean stabbing pain no matter what I did that came in waves. Did I lose plug-nope, start labor-nope...argh! So I convinced DH to DTD and that he really really really can't hurt me, and even if he did it would be great cause we could go to the hospital and have baby removed! (total zen right there huh? ) So after a rough go round... ... ... nothing. Not. One. Stinking. BH. Nada. I'm actually less sore this morning...go flipping figure.

I give up. I guess I'm going to be pregnant until I explode, cause she's not coming out. Mentally, I have already exploded. Now I just wait for the body to follow suit.

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#10 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispie View Post
Today, I am your twin. And I have cried thrice already out of frustration. It's one thing to be zen with nothing going on, but to have prodromal labor enough to convince a five timer that this is it and then have it peter out...almost daily now for a week...ugh. I'm tired, I'm beyond annoyed, and I hate how I feel. I don't want to feel anger and frustration and I certainly don't want to be thinking to my unborn child "get the he!! out already" but that is where my emotions are today. I'm just pissed at the end of this pregnancy.

Had massive cervical pain all day yesterday. I mean stabbing pain no matter what I did that came in waves. Did I lose plug-nope, start labor-nope...argh! So I convinced DH to DTD and that he really really really can't hurt me, and even if he did it would be great cause we could go to the hospital and have baby removed! (total zen right there huh? ) So after a rough go round... ... ... nothing. Not. One. Stinking. BH. Nada. I'm actually less sore this morning...go flipping figure.

I give up. I guess I'm going to be pregnant until I explode, cause she's not coming out. Mentally, I have already exploded. Now I just wait for the body to follow suit.
Yes. We are twinkies. All except the part about DTD because I am in such a terrible mood all the time that I don't even want to THINK about DTD. We have tried a couple of times to do it just to see if we can get something going... we've even done the DTD--long, vigorous walk combo and ended up with nothing but my usual nightly round of BHs.

So, I've just had a big clean-out (TMI, but WHOA!) and now I am having crampy, low very uncomfortable ctx 10 minutes apart. GRRR!! A BABY BETTER POP OUT OF My VAGiNA AT THE END OF ALL THIS... because if I end up getting into bed later tonight and waking up pregnant, I am afraid something very bad will happen!!!!!!!!!

So sorry that you girls are in my same boat, but I'm also glad I'm not alone. I've got an appt tomorrow afternoon that I seriously did not intend to make it to... I'm really pretty PO'd that it is looking like I'll be there... boo.

#11 of 14 Old 05-19-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
GRRR!! A BABY BETTER POP OUT OF My VAGiNA AT THE END OF ALL THIS... because if I end up getting into bed later tonight and waking up pregnant, I am afraid something very bad will happen!!!!!!!!!

I've got an appt tomorrow afternoon that I seriously did not intend to make it to... I'm really pretty PO'd that it is looking like I'll be there... boo.

Amen sister. Amen.

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#12 of 14 Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Well, a baby did NOT pop out of my vagina last night and, surprisingly, nothing really terrible happened. I got mad, I wanted to cry, but I slept a little (between potty breaks) and got up this morning not feeling too bad.

Had an appt this afternoon and discussed NOT being induced with the OB. She and I decided we would not talk about it again till/if I reached 42 weeks. She checked me again and I'm now 3.5 cm, baby "more well applied", did another stretch and sweep. Feeling crampy now and wondering if this means anything... some good ctx, really feeling baby on my cervix.

Feeling calm and much more peaceful than before. Made an appt for Monday which will be 41w1d; my longest pgncy yet was 41w1d long... I really feel like I'll have babe in arms by then... guess we shall see!

#13 of 14 Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
Well, a baby did NOT pop out of my vagina last night and, surprisingly, nothing really terrible happened. I got mad, I wanted to cry, but I slept a little (between potty breaks) and got up this morning not feeling too bad.

Had an appt this afternoon and discussed NOT being induced with the OB. She and I decided we would not talk about it again till/if I reached 42 weeks. She checked me again and I'm now 3.5 cm, baby "more well applied", did another stretch and sweep. Feeling crampy now and wondering if this means anything... some good ctx, really feeling baby on my cervix.

Feeling calm and much more peaceful than before. Made an appt for Monday which will be 41w1d; my longest pgncy yet was 41w1d long... I really feel like I'll have babe in arms by then... guess we shall see!
Im right here with you again sister! No baby popping outta my vajayjay either. But, you already know this since you've seen my post today abt my bloody show. I am glad youre getting some good baby pressure on that cervix, and good news about being 3.5cm! I hope that better-applied-baby moves you along into the real-deal!
Damn, I sure do know how it feels to just want "something" to happen, something "real". Im tired of these 'signs' that dont lead anywhere. Sounds like there's a fair handful of us going through the exact same thing. I think it's good that we can be here for one another to offer support, and just vent if that's what's needed. Ive got an appt set for next week too, here's hoping neither one of us make it!!! ( and was hoping not to even be at this one today). Who knows, maybe we'll be neck-and-neck all the way to the end.
Hang in there hon!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#14 of 14 Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 AM

nothing to add cuz i could've written your posts myself. You'd think this being my 4th I would know! And I personally think its evil to have this happen more commonly to mom's with more than 2 kids. We are the ones who need the MOST sleep to be able to function and take care of the other kids!

Everytime I just get mad at the cx and the pain and think "go away or DO SOMETHING".

But just this morning, I became all zen about it. They ARE doing something, just not something I can measure or that is tangible to me. And it's kinda exciting. And chances are this baby will be born in the next 2 weeks (i'm 40 wks today). Ask me how I feel tomorrow cuz I'll prbly be back to a big crying mess begging this guy to vacate! Last night the fam and I had a really great time at the state park and I know that we wouldn't have had that experience if the baby was already here. It was well needed by all of us. I think I am going to try to fill up my day with stuff like that so I'm not staring at the birth tub or daring each cx to be harder. Last night after our hike I had some really good painful cx and thought it might be getting started...but nothing. I'm at the point now where I've decided that if I even need to question if "this is it" than it automatically isn't.

Here is to short and lovely labors for all us prodromal mamas! (one can hope right?lol)

~ Dana ~ Mommy to Madelyn, Jonas & Hudson & wee one #4 due late Spring!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page